• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao got do reservist?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone tell me if is taiwanese-sporean got do reservist? anyone met him during reservist?

probably he just serve 2 years NS to get Singaporean passport

jw5

Loyal
Dunno whether he got do or not. Better u ask him.

But u know what is called exit permit or not? Dunno can go and ask Ramseth. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno whether he got do or not. Better u ask him.

But u know what is called exit permit or not? Dunno can go and ask Ramseth. :biggrin:

Now you mention exit permit and Ramseth, it all links and adds up. Ramseth has boasted (credibly though) that he was on perpetual exit permit renewals until liability discharged. CMS was an SAF officer but abroad for 30 years and yet still a citizen, which means he must be also like Ramseth and by the age difference and his legal profession, he's probably Ramseth's teacher how to get that done. Both are now in WP. Ramseth also mentioned he had Taiwanese ex-girlfriend. Notice the difference between NCO and officer reservist liability. Ramseth came back shortly before age 40 and CMS came back shortly before age 50.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now reservist also issue?
Then our general ministers also never serve reservist correct? They used to put the (NS) after their ranks previously.That means active NS men.
Anyone can confirm if our MPs got serve reservist also.

jw5

Loyal
Now you mention exit permit and Ramseth, it all links and adds up. Ramseth has boasted (credibly though) that he was on perpetual exit permit renewals until liability discharged. CMS was an SAF officer but abroad for 30 years and yet still a citizen, which means he must be also like Ramseth and by the age difference and his legal profession, he's probably Ramseth's teacher how to get that done. Both are now in WP. Ramseth also mentioned he had Taiwanese ex-girlfriend. Notice the difference between NCO and officer reservist liability. Ramseth came back shortly before age 40 and CMS came back shortly before age 50.

It's possible but I doubt that they move in the same circles or even know each other.
According to Ramseth, he went to the USA and then to Thailand. CSM was mainly in China if I'm not mistaken.
Ramseth could have Taiwanese ex gf but he also mentioned having Jap, Thai, PRC and Viet ex gf. And Malaysian ex wife. :o
With all due respects to Ramseth, they are not of the same calibre either. CSM was probably recruited by an international firm, and his international work kept him based and moving overseas.

Perhaps you are influenced by the long hair. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Now reservist also issue?
Then our general ministers also never serve reservist correct? They used to put the (NS) after their ranks previously.That means active NS men.
Anyone can confirm if our MPs got serve reservist also.

They took out the NS and the rank after they completed their reservist obligations at 50.
Whether they actually served or not I dunno, but cost should not be an issue, since the taxpayers take it whether they go reservist and sit in aircon office or stay in their aircon office.

MPs definitely yes, someone mentioned seeing a picture of greater mortal Charles in his reservist unit long time ago.
Oh, Irene and Indranee never of course, the former's elderly scottish husband also never. :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any case it's clear, if you don't want to do reservist, go study abroad or find a job abroad. :biggrin:
He spent more than 30 years abroad - so probably excuse reservist. Anyway he is 59, so no more reservist duties. No need to dig so deep lah.

Important thing is he is a Singaporean and his wife is an American. No problem for him if he wants to be a PRC citizen, Taiwanese citizen or American citizen if Singapore gets too hot or too small for him.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Long long time ago, a little bit earlier than CSM's time, I went for my first ICT. After a few in-camps we noticed that some of our merry men were missing. Much later, we heard that these chaps were doing very very well. Therefore, it was not worth calling them back and reimbursing them. So, they could get deferment very easily. To me, it is logical as they could be claiming for thousands per day (just to dash from tree to tree). Till now, it is only hearsay to me.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
jeanette-aw-crazy-01.gif

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Ron, CSM would have served 30 months, like me, not two years.

can anyone tell me if is taiwanese-sporean got do reservist? anyone met him during reservist?

probably he just serve 2 years NS to get Singaporean passport

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In any case it's clear, if you don't want to do reservist, go study abroad or find a job abroad. :biggrin:

It is possible to apply and continue to apply for deferment from reservist training, provided you are studying or working overseas.

For example, I did several ICT during the university holidays, and after I graduated from university. After that, I applied and obtained exit permit, and renewal of exit permits, until MINDEF advised me that as of xxx date, I am not required to apply for exit permit.

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Janil Puthu got do Reservist?

also, for your info, if u earn more than a certain amount per month (it was $20,000 per mth ten years ago), mindef won't call u back for reservist unless u are a very senior appt holder, e.g. CO.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Janil Puthu got do Reservist?

also, for your info, if u earn more than a certain amount per month (it was $20,000 per mth ten years ago), mindef won't call u back for reservist unless u are a very senior appt holder, e.g. CO.

If an individual did not serve NS, or not liable for NS, then he does not have any obligations for reservist training. I did not inform MINDEF, of my salary, or thereafter, my self-employed income. I was not a CO, since I did not serve long enough to be promoted or to be considered for SCSC.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dun you ask that that newly minted singaporean PAP dog Janil Puacheebye to do NS in the first place? You know why he got no time to do NS, he too busy performing 4th trimester abortions for your mother ok? Get ready for yours

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to pay him to do reservist? Do you know how much he earn? You think government will spend money like that for other.

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
to charlie99

u do not need to inform mindef your income. they know from your income tax return.

"If an individual did not serve NS, or not liable for NS, then he does not have any obligations for reservist training." - that's the precise the point about Puthu.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to charlie99

u do not need to inform mindef your income. they know from your income tax return.

"If an individual did not serve NS, or not liable for NS, then he does not have any obligations for reservist training." - that's the precise the point about Puthu.

I did not file any Singapore income tax return since 1981, because I was a student then, graduated, worked for a few months, attended SATO for a month, some reservist training, and I left SG at the end of Aug 1981.