• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teo Chee Hean wants to help you pay for HDB flats

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP will tackle 'burning questions'
DPM Teo: Govt looks at everyday concerns and also future needs
By Fiona Chan

DEPUTY Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean kicked off the People's Action Party's (PAP) campaign rallies yesterday by assuring Singaporeans the party will address all their 'burning questions', ranging from the rising cost of living to health- care and education.

In a rousing speech at Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, Mr Teo told voters the Government keeps in mind the everyday concerns of the people even as it plans for their future needs.

'While we cast our eye on the long term, we also remember all the worries, concerns and issues that all Singaporeans face in the short term,' Mr Teo told the crowd at an open field beside Buangkok MRT station.

'We try to do our best to help you lighten your burden, to help you buy your home, to help you look after your parents and grandparents, to help you build strong families, to help you bring up your children and educate them,' he said.

Mr Teo, who spoke in Malay, Mandarin and English, spent a good part of his 20-minute speech discussing inflation.

'Even though the economy has recovered, we are still facing the effects from the very sharp downturn and upturn of economy, which took place in a very short space of two years,' he said.

'This has obviously caused some dislocation in our economy.'

He added: 'I understand the concerns that Singaporeans have over the high cost of living. We are doing everything we can to help.'

But Mr Teo, who is leading a six-member team in the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC against the Singapore Democratic Alliance, observes that 'almost everything we consume is imported', and Singapore is unable to control or subsidise the prices set for these goods in the world market.

Instead, the Government gives out grants, rebates and cash bonuses directly to Singaporeans. This year, the average household will receive $3,000 to $5,000 through these measures, he said.

These are a 'more effective and direct' way of helping families, especially the lower-income and elderly, cope with the cost of living, he added.

Other government plans, including the Workfare scheme to supplement wages, and tax reductions, are also aimed at easing the burden of lower-income and middle-income Singaporeans, said Mr Teo.

These plans are not 'short-term measures' but part of the long-term structure of the economy, he added.

Mr Teo also reminded voters that the past decade has been marked by unexpected crises, from the Sept 11 terrorist attacks in the United States in 2001 and the recent global financial crisis to natural disasters in many countries.

'Can we be sure that the path will be smooth for us in the future? Who knows what challenges and crises there will be in the coming years?' he said.

'That is why we need a strong government, a stable government and a united people to see us through any challenge that may come.'

Mr Teo was the third speaker at the rally, after Dr Ahmad Magad and Dr Michael Lim, both former MPs for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC.

[email protected]

Additional reporting by Yen Feng and Jermyn Chow

'We are doing everything we can to help.'

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, saying he understands the concerns that Singaporeans have over the high cost of living.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Even though the economy has recovered, we are still facing the effects from the very sharp downturn and upturn of economy, which took place in a very short space of two years,' he said.'

Then explain please why you gave yourselves 8 months bonus!

"But Mr Teo, who is leading a six-member team in the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC against the Singapore Democratic Alliance, observes that almost everything we consume is imported"

Including labour but hey is not labour available in Singapore?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. help, help and more help!
2. and yet sheep are still clueless.
3. there is nothing to substantiate some sheep vomits.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the PAP used the word "HELP" it send a shiver down my spine.

To help the poor - GST increase
To smooth traffic - Transport price/Gantries Increase
To help local worker - foreign immigrants increase
To help businessmen - worker levy increase
To help people own flat - HDB price increase
To help the sick and old for better care - medical fee increase
To help Singapaore future - ministers salaries increase
To help better education - School fees increase

So please PAP, don't try to "HELP" us again. We have had enough of your "help" already.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
teo CH : ooi peasants, 60 billion is also not small change to a multi-millionnaire like me ok, what more to u.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the rear admiral really is ranking well, counting from bottom of the charts. i tried reading the article over & over, but cant make good sense of what he's talking about. no doubt, it sounded good whenever the word "help" pops up, but in retrospect, none of the "help" they imposed in the past were of any help. in fact, it was more like pouring acid on a fresh wound, and when the festering wound begins to heal, they administered more to aggravate the situation.

honestly, the only real help we could use, is for the whole lot of incumbet to resign & relinquish their party. clearly, their brand of policies & constitution is a disastrous one.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All those white losers are too late for all your " help you this and help you that".

People want you out and have enough of your ball licking losers shit.

jw5

Loyal
Sir, there's no need!
Just one request sir!
Can you and your colleagues take less salary, in line with the value of the work you perform?
Thank you sir! :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'We try to do our best to help you lighten your burden, to help you buy your home, to help you look after your parents and grandparents, to help you build strong families, to help you bring up your children and educate them,' ...
dey have done their bestest! ... their bestest is ...

help u buy ur home by letting home prices soar ... :rolleyes:

help u look after ur parens n grandparens by telling u 2 send dem 2 jb ... :rolleyes:

help u build strong families by suppressing ur wages ... :rolleyes:

help u bring up ur children? ... where got? ... :rolleyes:

help u educate ur children by giving scholarships to ft's ... :rolleyes:

world crass! ... world bestest! ... world lumpar 1! ... :oIo:

Last edited:

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello teo chee hong!

We singaporeans now dun need your help, the more you PAP help, the more jiatlah we are! Tolong, please dun help ok?

Here, we can see Oppositions for a start by rally, oredi give PAP fears. WE NEED HELP FROM OPPOSITIONS, only they can help us! We must vote oppositions into parliment.

I want Oppositions to be government frankly speaking. Their policy, and their heart seems like the very first virgin PAP who really help singaporeans. I will be very happy if if oppositions can get more than 50% of the vote.

I believe oppositions can do it, be our government!! Audit each and every PAP dogs, publish every outcome on our NEW STRAITS TIME.

My best to Oppositions! If you can, this GE 2011, be our new government!

fuck the pap to hell

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the PAP used the word "HELP" it send a shiver down my spine.

To help the poor - GST increase
To smooth traffic - Transport price/Gantries Increase
To help local worker - foreign immigrants increase
To help businessmen - worker levy increase
To help people own flat - HDB price increase
To help the sick and old for better care - medical fee increase
To help Singapaore future - ministers salaries increase
To help better education - School fees increase

So please PAP, don't try to "HELP" us again. We have had enough of your "help" already.

sibeh ho!!!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh ! DEPUTY Prime Minister... how nice of u 2 help...i m bery de grateful...i oso 1 2 help u in case u loss the erection...i ting ting whole nite 4 u oredi...u can b know as...DEPUTY Prime Minister without portfolio...mai hum loss oso nebermind... can b known as Prime Minister without portfolio...ku li kang...jeow gia lah...:wink::biggrin::biggrin: