• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SM Goh on NSP - Nicole Seah is the only worthy peanut at NSP

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
SM Goh on NSP's 'one-woman team'
By Terrence Voon
Mr Goh (right) being greeted by PAP supporters yesterday at Tao Nan School. He observed that the NSP team seemed to be leaving everything to its popular female member Nicole Seah, seen here speaking to the press yesterday. --ST PHOTOS: NURIA LING, RAJENDRAN NADARAJAN
NHLC-SM-Goh-Chok-Tong.jpg
images

THE National Solidarity Party (NSP) line-up for Marine Parade appears to be a one-woman team, Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said yesterday.

Speaking after the close of nominations at Tao Nan School, Mr Goh observed that his opponents in the Group Representation Constituency (GRC) seemed to be leaving everything to their popular female candidate, Ms Nicole Seah.

'The four men are sort of leaving it to the young lady to campaign, to say all the things,' he told reporters.

'This is teamwork you know. If you win, you have to look after the town council. I've got five members who can look after the town council.'

He added: 'My sense is the other side has only one member to do all the talking for them and all the attraction for them.'

Ms Seah, 24, is the youngest candidate at the coming polls, but has made waves both on the ground and on the Internet since she was unveiled by the opposition more than a week ago.

As of 7pm yesterday, she had garnered more than 27,000 'likes' on Facebook, second only to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, who has more than 57,000.

Ms Seah took to the microphone to rally supporters at the Nomination Centre yesterday, along with team leader Ivan Yeo. The rest of the NSP line-up - Mr Cheo Chai Chen, Mr Abdul Salim Harun and Mr Spencer Ng - looked on without speaking.

In contrast, all five members of the People's Action Party (PAP) slate for Marine Parade - Mr Goh, Brigadier-General (NS) Tan Chuan-Jin, Dr Fatimah Lateef, Ms Tin Pei Ling and Mr Seah Kian Peng - delivered short speeches.

BG Tan said: 'As you can see today, we have five voices speaking and five people will be here, walking the ground and serving every one of our constituents in Marine Parade GRC.

'I'm kind of curious, but we hear only two voices at the other side.'

When told about the PAP's comments, Ms Seah countered that this was 'a perception that has been played up by the mainstream media'.

'We all have different skill sets. For me, it may be media and engaging younger Singaporeans,' she said.

'But Ivan has 20 years in politics... and strong connections with the older crowd and the Mandarin-speaking crowd. So it's about synergy and not a one-man show.'

Mr Yeo, 63, told The Straits Times that letting Ms Seah take centre stage had been a calculated move.

'Nicole obviously is a star attraction, so strategy-wise, we have to let her have a greater exposure,' he said. 'But come to our rally; we will be speaking to you.'

Encouraged by her online buzz, Ms Seah is looking forward to making use of social media during the campaign. The advertising executive stayed up until 4am the night before Nomination Day to go through online comments left by Internet users. 'I think that this only shows the citizens are hungry for a platform to have their voices heard,' she said.

'They want greater accountability of the policies that have been implemented. They want greater transparency of the information that has been presented to them and they want to be engaged... That is what we want to achieve.'

Additional reporting by Francis Chan, Ng Kai Ling, Jennani Durai and Jermyn Chow

Last edited:

dankos

its ok woody.

david vs goliath. sometimes david wins.

bull vs bullfighter. sometimes bullfighter gets gored.

wait n see.

Last edited:

geylangkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't help feeling that SM Goh has a certain condescending implication towards the female candidate. As if implying only her looks and sexuality have to do with "attraction" and "popularity".

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And over at Tanjong Pagar GRC, paper general Chan could not repeat his 'ki qiu' performance because their OLDEST member mumbled on and on (Corleone-like) that he would 'take care' of TPGRC residents.

dankos

And over at Tanjong Pagar GRC, paper general Chan could not repeat his 'ki qiu' performance because their OLDEST member mumbled on and on (Corleone-like) that he would 'take care' of TPGRC residents.

emperor's newly recruited eunuch. to hold his master's hand to prevent him dropping. got great potential to be the next 李莲英

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wooden Lau Goh scared already issit! Kiss my ass not babies!

hi there

1. it was some sheep that blah together the same tune over and over again.
2. there is nothing new nothing fantastic too.
3. looking at the tee shirt, i just want to puke man!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'I'm kind of curious, but we hear only two voices at the other side.'

For someone who was PM and now SM and still hoping to be widely regarded as a statesman, lau goh is surely being petty. Referring to all 5 in his team who made little speeches yesterday whereas only Nocole and Ivan addressed the crowd, lau goh is trying to hide his inner fears and frustration that Nicole is in the wrong team. How he wish he can do a swop with NSP!:biggrin::biggrin:
PAP trying score little brownie points again by dwelling on the trivialities instead of the main national issues-costs of living, overcrowding and HDB affordability.:mad:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Didn't he say to keep the fight clean? By saying that the NSP is a one woman team, isn't he implying that the four men are useless and hiding behind a woman?

dankos

at the back of woody's mind, he is thinking what if, what if he really lost?? that would be the upset of upset:eek: everything is possible right.

anyway woody's reputation already lost in GE2006 where he failed to take any of the oppo smc back. not only that, both the oppo smc increase their winning %.