• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The New Paper sinks to a new low, even by their standards

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The New Paper sinks to a new low, even by their standards

<IFRAME id=iframe_odiogo_0 name=iframe_odiogo_0 src="" frameBorder=0 width=0 scrolling=no height=0></IFRAME>
It is bad enough that Vivian Balakrishnan is playing the gay card but The New Paper shows you how low in the gutter they can go with this headline and photo.
Even birds don't want The New Paper in their cages to shit on, after this stinker.
As Miyagi puts it, "Calling The New Paper gutter press is being mean to gutters."

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM in Random Rants | Permalink ShareThis
<!-- technorati tags --><!-- post footer links --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var tweetTitle = 'The New Paper sinks to a new low, even by their standards';var tweetUrl = 'http://bit.Iy/g4DNLM';var maxLength = 140 - (tweetUrl.length + 1);if (tweetTitle.length > maxLength) { tweetTitle = tweetTitle.substr(0, (maxLength - 3))+'...';}var tweetLink = 'http://twitter.com/home?status='+encodeURIComponent(tweetTitle + ' ' + tweetUrl);document.write('<a href="'+tweetLink+'" target="_blank"'+' class="share-link share-link-twitter">Tweet This!<'+'/a>');</SCRIPT>Tweet This! | <?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/04/the-new-paper-sinks-to-a-new-low-even-by-their-standards.html" layout="button_count" show_faces="false"><IFRAME class=fb_ltr id=facff8c9c1c3ee title="Like this content on Facebook." style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 90px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; HEIGHT: 21px" name=f2fa6f3ce8fcefc src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=a279adbe87e2b3c505e777af99a5260d&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fversion%3D0%23cb%3Dfd3589c937590f%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mrbrown.com%252Ff2e135e98b6af12%26relation%3Dparent.parent%26transport%3Dflash&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrbrown.com%2Fblog%2F2011%2F04%2Fthe-new-paper-sinks-to-a-new-low-even-by-their-standards.html&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&node_type=1&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=90" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no onload=FB.Content._callbacks.f319e269988e674() allowTransparency></IFRAME></fb:like>

Comments

ben said...
Basically Vivian must be damn worried about the serious competition he is facing that he has decided to personal attack. This is really demeaningful, it only shows our SUPER SCALE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR MINISTER is a low esteem scumbag.
Just remember how he rebutted Dr Lily Neo in asking for another $30 for the poor and need, the in famous, "Where you want them to eat? In the restaurant???" He had no qualms in dishing out $400M for meaningless event but will not consider $30 for the poor?
This already speaks volume of the kind of leadership in Singapore and if Singaporeans will continue to support this sort of leaders, then blame no one.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Ming said in reply to ben...
do you know how many people get jobs during the "meaningless event"? and do you know how the people spend the extra $30? please find out...
too bad...most singaporean like to shop then sport...
too bad giving $ to poor people make the even poorer...

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 02:38 PM

Missy said in reply to Ming...
I don't. Do you?
But I DO know that huge number of students made to participate in the event weren't paid.
Would be interesting to see solid statistics to see how many people actually received gainful employment and if that actually justifies the shocking over-budget. The sort of job it generates is a one-time only employment. Temporary solution, much like putting a Bandaid over a stab wound.
Besides, the point is, he didn't go over-budget because he wanted to provide Singaporeans with temporary jobs. It was a foolish mistake and gross misjudgement period.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 03:00 PM

Ah Kao said in reply to Missy...
Temporary jobs? Please; most of the money was spent on flying officials, advertising and PAYING broadcasters to carry YOG content. Vivian Balls basically overspent money like it was spare change.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 03:22 PM

Boon said in reply to Ming...
Hi Ming,
I don't know how many jobs the YOG created, even if temporarily...
What I do know is the PAP has made it very difficult to get PA, so the ones who actually gets the PA from government must really be the poor and destitute... Probably those old and helpless, or "limp" and helpless people...
How will you imagine these helpless people would spend the additional $30?
By the way, giving the $30 to these helpless folks don't actually make them poorer... they probably can't get much poorer anyway... think of the ah ma and ah gongs in their 80s 90s... and maybe together with their wheelchair bound low IQ son in his 50s?
Compare it to to increasing the multi-million paychecks of our ministers... Who needs the $$ more?

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 04:31 PM

steve chen said...
oh my goodness. this is really hitting way below the belt.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM

kitty said...
Way too low.
Well, if there is any consolation, I do hold the Holland-Bukit Timah vote.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Mark said in reply to kitty...
lucky you. i'm one street away from being in the same GRC.its pretty sad to feel strongly about this but you all you can do is appeal to the said voters to vote right. :/

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 03:23 PM

chen big mao said...
PM Goh asked for clean fight? Seriously??
This has to come from a minister and he stoop this low??? You really so desperate to win that you will do this? Wheres your integrity?

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Disturbed said...
I find it ironic that PAP who keeps talking about how we can't have western style democracy coz it would lead us to the gutter would be the ones who be the ones dragging us to the gutter.
I, for one, was willing to give PM a benefit of doubt will now have to reconsider my vote.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:45 AM

WL said...
I guess with his multi-million dollar salary at stake, he is rather desperate. I hope VB drowns in his own gutter of sewage!

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:51 AM

PAP hates gays said...
no wonder Vivian Bala used the words 'strange bedfellows' and 'come out of the closet' when referring to them
a bit dirty by PAP, but effective
uncles and aunties won't vote for a gay...Vivian Bala and the PAP has won
PAP is clever, going for the large conservative base

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM

simon said in reply to PAP hates gays...
and in an earlier TNP coverage, he explained the background to his name "Vivian" and how it was not feminine at all. he was trying to set the record that he is straight. he has it all planned from the start. i sincerely hope its the publicity mill or some snr MParader that's behind this and that deep down inside, he is a kind soul...*cough bullshit*

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Deathcoth said...
Calling others Gay when you have a Gay-ish name is so lame ...
or maybe he is having tongue in cheek ... wait !! probably not a tongue!

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:13 PM

g2m6 said...
VB used to be critical of govt b4 he bcame a part of it... guess he has gone to the dark side ...

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM

kitty said in reply to g2m6...
Guess the lure of the $$$$$$$ was just too great.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:29 PM

(T.T) said in reply to g2m6...
he has long gone over to the dark side when by the way he replied to Lily Neo.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 05:27 PM

g2m6 said in reply to (T.T)...
lucky got CSM now ;p to do what he failed to do

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 07:00 PM

Cover my nose on Vivian's smelly shit said...
Sensing his colleauges playing dirty politic via personal smear campaign, no wonder Goh Chok Tong said he rather not help his party involve in such dirty politics outside his own Marine Parade GRC. I guess he knows his limit when Tin Pei Lin was introduced into his team.
On the other hand, I am worried that Vivian Balakrihnan & team is going to promote a non-inclusive society for Singapore by single out a segment of people from this society to attack. Has PAP gone terribly wrong and desperate nowadays to resort to their usual punching game when all carrots failed to appease the people?
If PAP is not keen in focussing on national issues at hand rather than concentrate on individual smearing campaign, how can voters be confident that PAP will "secure" our future together and bring this nation forward? Apparently PAP has stooped too low just week prior to the polling day without tackling much on people's problems except to paint their own paper credibility via main stream media. I can't think of any reaon why I should vote for them.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Boycott TNP said...
It's time to boycott The New Paper. Watch their circulation plunge!

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM

uncle wu said...
this gutter politics is nothing.
wait still they start arresting people
wait till they start disqualifying opposition candidates on nomination day
this is how low they are prepared to go, nothing new, they have done it before

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM

mum ain't happy said...
can someone remind VB about MOE/AWARE sex education programme that went wrong and not investigated until a parent complain. That was national education.
gay or no gay, he can make my children's life better, why not?
play fair??? i live in holland and does not belong to holland-bt timah grc but tg pagar????

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM

WOOF said...
I am so canceling my subscription NOW.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM

news - uk said...
all of you here remember to be regularly tested for hiv/aids.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 01:01 PM

Not a Singapore citizen yet said...
Sincere gay MP is bettter than arrogantly insincere MP.

Reply Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 01:23 PM

Show more comments...

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Careful if you are thinking of another operation cold store or defaulting opposition candidates on paperwork. Every Singapore inside and outside Singapore is watching you very carefully PAP. There are more Singaporeans than PAP. Never forget that.