• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP needs to hear one message - that Singaporeans are not happy

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no way that any other party other than the PAP will form a govt. But the Govt needs to understand that the policies of recent decades has delivered good and great economic results but not to Singapore as a whole but to those associated with the establishment and for foreigners. I am sure many of you are aware of friends and relatives who have lost their jobs in mid career. Unable to withdraw CPF funds and rising cost of living etc.

The elections is the only feedback channel that can remain effective. Reach and the Feedback unit has failed miserably. The RCs and various grassroots organisations are defacto PAP fronts courtesy of PA.

No matter which opposition candidate or party is contesting against the PAP, please vote for them.

The end result will be as follows;

1) The reduced majority and the drop in votes cast for the PAP is a clear signal that Singaporeans are not happy and are looking for a govt that delivers good policies.

2) The PAP will less likely treat Singaporeans as serf and compliant citizens but as thinking citizens and equal to any other citizen

3) The PAP will have no choice but become more accountable in matters where they have failed but have refused to acknowledge their errors. These range from YOG, the Ho Ching investment debacles to cozy arrangements with property developers.

4) The PAP is less likely to treat as idiots and send a person such as Tin Pei Ling who does not appear to be suitable for any form of office and got a job from a PAP MP who got his wife to employ her.

Do not worry that PAP will not be able to form a Govt. It will never happen at least for this GE. The PAP has assured votes from diehard supporters who are expected to form 30% of the electoral base. This will be further supplemented by new citizens who rely on the PAP for their good fortune.

The central issue is seeking accountability from the PAP and it will never happen unless you as voters put sufficient numbers to face off the PAP in parliament.

If LHL and the PAP garner less than 60% of the votes, it will be a well needed wake-up call to the PAP. Give them more than 60% and they will continue to run roughshod over Singaporeans.

Only you can make that difference.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe, this time round, they piss off some of the PAP supporters, even grassroots.

So I will say the result will be a close shave, compared to the past elections.

The fence sitter are the one that will make or break PAP.

I do agree that PAP will still form the government this round and we must ensure the result must shock the PAP to the point that they are feeling the heat, on the possibility of becoming the minority party if they continue the way the did.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Ho Ho!

Did you see the Chief Idiot's interview by WSJ today? Still beating his chest in hubris and in denial.

Said Sinkies are impatient and blame everybody esp foreign workers in construction for their woes.

Said HDB flats are affordable, economy is doing well, and everybody is happy except they cant wait for the good things PAP is bringing to them!

Beware of Hakkas bearing gifts, and Hainanese who cry on TV.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ho Ho Ho!
Did you see the Chief Idiot's interview by WSJ today? Still beating his chest in hubris and in denial.

There is nothing more fearful than a "dictator" in denial.:rolleyes:
He is never wrong, you know. Whether the Malays accept his view - he doesn't care.
Whether Singaporeans are hurting - well, so be it. :wink:

** At the end of the day, all voters anger will evaporate in the polling stations.
But the anger will start again after leaving the polling stations. **

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A6K-U2skg28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i reckoned there's no net happiness in the ground now, only net unhappiness

:eek::eek::eek:

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by scroobal

Years ago, I was on an interview panel and interestingly an ACS alumnus hinted why he felt for Singapore by mentioning that he voluntered for NS. I asked him what was the consequence if he did not volunteer for NS. Not only his jaw dropped but those of 3 other interview panel members. He then admitted that he did it to retain his PR and to be with his mum and dad. After the conclusion of the interview sessions, all three members asked me to fill them in. I told them that NS is a not charity and why would someone not take up citizenship yet do NS. When I told them that someone who is not eligibile for citizenship cannot do NS even if he paid the Govt, it then made sense. Mind you the 3 were senior civil servants and they too had no clue.

Fucking scroobal is either up to no good or he had stepped on his own dick! Or the "alumnus" and "three senior servants" are all dead and records pertaining to that interview had disappeared into never never land. So much for trying to cloak one's identity.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by coolguy
These latest 2 SDP candidates are fed by the PAP golden rice bowl.
Seems too good to be true that they are joining the opposition, some more
they choose to join SDP, PAP most hated enemy.
Something smells fishy here. Could they be PAP mole?

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
When VW joined SDP, quite hard to believe. Now, these 2 high fliers join SDP. Maybe SDP got barang? With CSJ helming the party, why would inteliigent chaps join SDP? Surely there exists other opposition parties in S'pore

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP already knows that Singaporeans are very unhappy. GCT already admitted that the ground is not so sweet. Today Mah Bow Tan has his HDB team put up a Youtube video and the MSMs are quick to encourage Singaporeans to watch it.

Instead of appeasing the mortals, it had the opposite effect. Firstly, no comments were allowed for that Youtube video as MBT surely knows that the responses will negative and he will be even more unpopular. The viewers had no choice but to rant and rave elsewhere because MBT has repeatedly affirmed that HDB is still affordable despite protests by the public. The word affordable according to MBT is a different animal for the masses. MBT is now desperately fighting for his political survival and I guess his time is up. Hopefully,

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies already have the best government in the world and not happy, the truth is nothing will make sinkies happy.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies already have the best government in the world and not happy, the truth is nothing will make sinkies happy.

It's also hard to please everyone in this forum... not just the sinkie population.. and including the FTs. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I have no vested interest in Singapore, because I am a non-resident, I pray and hope that all of you who read [scroobal]'s post, would kindly relay it to your family, relatives and friends.

We need them to account for their mistakes, such as the YOG which has minimal benefits compared to the $400 million spent, and the losses in or by Temasek Holdings.

Good Luck.

There is no way that any other party other than the PAP will form a govt. But the Govt needs to understand that the policies of recent decades has delivered good and great economic results but not to Singapore as a whole but to those associated with the establishment and for foreigners. I am sure many of you are aware of friends and relatives who have lost their jobs in mid career. Unable to withdraw CPF funds and rising cost of living etc.

The elections is the only feedback channel that can remain effective. Reach and the Feedback unit has failed miserably. The RCs and various grassroots organisations are defacto PAP fronts courtesy of PA.

No matter which opposition candidate or party is contesting against the PAP, please vote for them.

The end result will be as follows;

1) The reduced majority and the drop in votes cast for the PAP is a clear signal that Singaporeans are not happy and are looking for a govt that delivers good policies.

2) The PAP will less likely treat Singaporeans as serf and compliant citizens but as thinking citizens and equal to any other citizen

3) The PAP will have no choice but become more accountable in matters where they have failed but have refused to acknowledge their errors. These range from YOG, the Ho Ching investment debacles to cozy arrangements with property developers.

4) The PAP is less likely to treat as idiots and send a person such as Tin Pei Ling who does not appear to be suitable for any form of office and got a job from a PAP MP who got his wife to employ her.

Do not worry that PAP will not be able to form a Govt. It will never happen at least for this GE. The PAP has assured votes from diehard supporters who are expected to form 30% of the electoral base. This will be further supplemented by new citizens who rely on the PAP for their good fortune.

The central issue is seeking accountability from the PAP and it will never happen unless you as voters put sufficient numbers to face off the PAP in parliament.

If LHL and the PAP garner less than 60% of the votes, it will be a well needed wake-up call to the PAP. Give them more than 60% and they will continue to run roughshod over Singaporeans.