• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP Vincent will win a lot of votes from the gay community

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copied from temasekreview:

title: Is SDP leading the way again by fielding singapore first openly gay candidate?

I want to put on record my support for the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) for its care and considerations for all Singaporeans by advocating the abolishment of GST for essential itens, the CPF Minimum sum and more importantly, giving Singaporeans priority for jobs over foreigners.

However, these economic initiatives are not what impress me the most. Instead, I applaud them for their courage and conviction in fielding the first gay candidate for the upcoming General Election. The ‘repeal of Section 377A’ debate in Parliament in 2007 and its ensuing public reactions has made many other opposition parties, stay clear of making a stand on this issue.

On the other hand, the SDP has made a clear stand of its support for the repeal of Section 377A b stating that the section “discriminate against a section of our population and that discrimination, in whatever form, has no place in society”. The Party has now put words into action by fielding Vincent Wijesingha (a gay) to stand for the coming election. Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zKGcl17O0&feature=related.

My salute to Dr Chee Soon Juan for graciously grooming Mr Wijeysingha to become the Party’s new poster boy. You can find Mr Wijeysingha on the front page of “The SDP Promise” and the latest promotional video by the Party campaigning for funds. What is more gratifying is the fact that Mr Wijeysingha represented the Party and became the spokeperson during the recent Channel News Asia forum on politics. Dr Chee Soon Juan is conspicuously missing from all these publicity materials / medium. This shows his foresight in grooming the next generation of leaders for the Party.

I thank the SDP and Dr Chee Soon Juan once again for giving the gay community a shot for a place in Parliament. Hope one of us will make it there this coming elections.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gay or not gay, SDP or PAP, i dun care as long as he put Singaporean interests in the No 1 place. Dr Vincent Wijeysingha spoke with passion and burning desire to serve the people, he will definitely deserve my vote.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gay or not gay, SDP or PAP, i dun care as long as he put Singaporean interests in the No 1 place. Dr Vincent Wijeysingha spoke with passion and burning desire to serve the people, he will definitely deserve my vote.

My sentiments too. PAP has lost the trust of the ppl.

Gay or not gay, it does not matter. What matters is that the SDP can represent and have the trust of everyone. Gays as well as straights.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
So how do you know they have lost the trust of the people?
How do you measure this "Loss"?
Don't fart leh!

Very simple bro... just go to the ground. Why do you think ppl are saying the PAP has lost touch with the ppl?

The resentment and disdain for PAP's policy of allowing the inflood of foreigners to take away sinkie jobs is a measure of this "loss".

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bz4TiRuhFNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, what matters most is the HEART to serve the people, not his or her sexual orientation, etc. The FAPee TRAITORS' are only interested on their narrow interests for perpetuating 1 Familee's rule and enriching their own clans.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple bro... just go to the ground. Why do you think ppl are saying the PAP has lost touch with the ppl?

The resentment and disdain for PAP's policy of allowing the inflood of foreigners to take away sinkie jobs is a measure of this "loss".

Please tell me how many % of the ground is unhappy and how did you determine that they are indeed unhappy.

jw5

Loyal
Please tell me how many % of the ground is unhappy and how did you determine that they are indeed unhappy.

According to Alfred Kinsey, 10% of the population are gay. :o
That means 90% of the population are unhappy. :biggrin:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello... are you so blind that you cannot see?

Just answer this:- are you happy to pay higher prices for your HDB flat? So are ppl happy with the higher cost of a pigeon hole?

And dun forget, ppl are even willing to vote for a monkey, donkey, gay dog or gay pig. Now how's that for happiness?

Costanza

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Alfred Kinsey, 10% of the population are gay. :o
That means 90% of the population are unhappy. :biggrin:

i may look like 10% but i'm actually 90% :o:biggrin:

george-costanza.jpg