• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE: MM Lee to stand in Tanjong Pagar GRC

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew has confirmed his candidacy for Tanjong Pagar GRC in the coming general election.

In a video posted on the People's Action Party's website, Mr Lee said: "I am happy to be still representing Tanjong Pagar."

He said he first won his seat in Tanjong Pagar in May 1955 and has seen the constituency transform in three generations.

He added it is no longer a scruffy area where the Harbour Board workers used to live.

He said Tanjong Pagar is as good as any constituency in Singapore.

The current five-member Tanjong Pagar GRC team is made up of Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, Lui Tuck Yew; Minister of State for Defence, Associate Professor Koo Tsai Kee; Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Indranee Rajah; and MPs Baey Yam Keng and Sam Tan.

Following the electoral boundaries review committee report, the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng division under the Jalan Besar GRC has been absorbed into the Tanjong Pagar GRC.

For the coming election, Minister Lui is expected to join the Moulmein-Kallang GRC team, and Mr Tan is expected to helm the Radin Mas single seat.

Associate Professor Koo has since announced his retirement from politics.

So for the coming polls, the Tanjong Pagar GRC team is expected to comprise Minister Mentor Lee, Ms Indranee, Mr Baey, MP for Jalan Besar GRC Dr Lily Neo, and new candidate Major-General Chan Chun Sing.

- CNA/al

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will make no difference. Tanjong Pagar GRC will be a walk-over. It is an affluent constituency and hardcore PAP territory.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee is really making a mockery of his political party by staying well past his sell by date. Much younger and vibrant minister have already stepped down and make way for new blood and yet the old mental one just refuses to fade away gracefully. Seriously, is he really able to carry on his task as a MP in meet the people session? If not why stay on and waste tax payer money just so that they can keep him on as a Minister?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
And he is exempted from the renewal process and Wooden's 2-term rule?

Oh yes. Wooden's 2 term rule only applies to ministars other than prime ministars, which means himself and father and son. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best case scenario would be for him to die just before he submits the nomination papers. That way, they would not have enough people to form a team and be too late to find a replacement. It would go to whichever opposition happens to be nominated. DPP, you are put on standby.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
He no need to do walkabout cos no opposition got balls to contest TP GRC. He just need to be shooed in on nomination day.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He no need to do walkabout cos no opposition got balls to contest TP GRC. He just need to be shooed in on nomination day.

walkabout is to get sympathy votes from old ppl like his age ...to show them " look , lim peh so old and weak still come out under hot sun " .

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past, I heard that MM have not done "Meet the People" sessions for a long time. I heard, but did not bother to verify, that Koo Tsai Kee stepped in for MM re: "Meet the People" sessions.

p.s. One or two individuals zapped me because I made suggestions for better written English. As a result, my 10 points are down to 6, and my posts have been subject to moderation before they appear on this Forum. I would be much obliged if 2 individuals could grant me 2 points each so that I am not subject to moderation. Thank you.

MM Lee is really making a mockery of his political party by staying well past his sell by date. Much younger and vibrant minister have already stepped down and make way for new blood and yet the old mental one just refuses to fade away gracefully. Seriously, is he really able to carry on his task as a MP in meet the people session? If not why stay on and waste tax payer money just so that they can keep him on as a Minister?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He doesn't attend MTP sessions. Koo porlumpar Tsai Kee covers MM's duties. Amazing how one gets paid for doing nothing.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He doesn't attend MTP sessions. Koo porlumpar Tsai Kee covers MM's duties. Amazing how one gets paid for doing nothing.

My friends saw retired Prof.Koo in the hawker centre having breakfast on a weekday morning alone but they did not acknowledged or smiled at him.Luckily,being kind and upright singaporeans,they did not show him the middle finger in his face !

Last edited:

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political landscape has room for bery old people beyond 80 years old. When you and I know a 80 y.o can die anytime, and is on God's borrowed time, it is better to tell an old fuck to fuck off than to waste tax payers money.

This old fuck is there to serve his son and not Singapore or Tanjong Pagar voters. Serve his son right if TP voters are to vote old fuck and his team out as a sign to tell his son to fuck off too.

SINGAPORE : Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew has confirmed his candidacy for Tanjong Pagar GRC in the coming general election.

In a video posted on the People's Action Party's website, Mr Lee said: "I am happy to be still representing Tanjong Pagar."

He said he first won his seat in Tanjong Pagar in May 1955 and has seen the constituency transform in three generations.

He added it is no longer a scruffy area where the Harbour Board workers used to live.

He said Tanjong Pagar is as good as any constituency in Singapore.

The current five-member Tanjong Pagar GRC team is made up of Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, Lui Tuck Yew; Minister of State for Defence, Associate Professor Koo Tsai Kee; Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Indranee Rajah; and MPs Baey Yam Keng and Sam Tan.

Following the electoral boundaries review committee report, the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng division under the Jalan Besar GRC has been absorbed into the Tanjong Pagar GRC.

For the coming election, Minister Lui is expected to join the Moulmein-Kallang GRC team, and Mr Tan is expected to helm the Radin Mas single seat.

Associate Professor Koo has since announced his retirement from politics.

So for the coming polls, the Tanjong Pagar GRC team is expected to comprise Minister Mentor Lee, Ms Indranee, Mr Baey, MP for Jalan Besar GRC Dr Lily Neo, and new candidate Major-General Chan Chun Sing.

- CNA/al