• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My heart bleeds for poor George Yeo...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - My heart bleeds for poor George Yeo...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>PAPalBull <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:45 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>47800.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Everyday I look at my Medisave account with joy and laughter. I thank the Gods that we have been blessed with such merciful leaders as Khaw Boon Wan, Lim Hng Kiang, Vivian Balakrishnan, Mah Bow Tan, Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong who selflessly strive to make our medical care the best in the world! God bless the PAP!

The Tale of 2 Leukemia Cases:- The Haves versus the Have-nots

Firstly, let me preface this by saying its no laughing matter that BG Yeo's son has leukemia, and also that Marjorie Soh, the 12 year old girl lost her battle with leukemia at the age of 12. I can't imagine the pain of losing one's child at that age.

However, I am struck by the contrast and similarity between these 2 cases. In one case, BG Yeo has a young son diagnosed with leukemia, and the Sohs also have a young daughter diagnosed with leukemia too. One family carries on life with no noticeable financial burden, and the other family is in effect bankrupt and chased after by creditors and have to sell their home.

BG Yeo is a wealthy man, we all know this, and d
espite the ability to get cheap medical care in Singapore for his son (such as $8 heart bypass surgeries available only to ministers like him), he chooses to send his entire family (all 5 of them) to Memphis Tennessee to live there for 9 months while his son undergoes medical treatment there. I am not even going to guess what the cost is. And while there, he renovates his house into a sterile environment for his son, yet another $1 million spend there easily.

The heartlanders Soh in the meantime, using
Singapore doctors and hospital (because the govt. tells them they are best in medical field in the region) runs up a $400K medical bill, and still the daughter dies. I guess that BG Yeo did not get the memo that he was already living in the country that has the bestest facilities and doctors, and decided to take his son to the US. The Sohs have spend literally every dollar they have to save their daughter, just like any forumer reading this would have done. They have even sold their home and yet its not enough to cover the bills. They will be made bankrupt soon. And no govt. agency, hospital or doctor can or is willing to save them. Even the evil doctor cut her bill in half and then to zero for the Sultan of Brunei's sister. But not applicable if you are just a normal citizen.

Sad to say, in
Singapore, this is not the exceptional case at all. From personal experience, I have friends and relatives that have incurred 6 figure medical bills despite all the plethora of supposed insurance, and financial aid plans available according to the PAP. Wooden Goh used to say repeatedly that no one will be left behind in S'pore's economic success. I beg to differ, many people are being left behind and they are not on the lower spectrum either. They are regular people, not poorly educated or jobless.

What happened to the principle that all will receive the same medical care? Since when has it been OK for a servant of the people like BG Yeo to say local medicine is not good enough, I go to the US? If the Sohs could afford it, I am sure they would have gone to Memphis too, and maybe the BG and the Sohs could have been neighbours.

Herein lies the deception that Khaw, Mah and the other have played on the
Singapore people.

1) health care is affordable. No it's not, ask the Sohs and thousands like them.
2) U can monetize your flat for your retirement. Not if you or your spouse or child has a serious illness, in which case, u will do just like the Sohs and sell your flat to pay for the medical costs. What are the odds that a serious illness will happen to you or someone in your family before the age of 65 yr?. Its high, so good luck to you if you are relying on your flat to fund your retirement.

What does it say about a country with hundreds of billions $ in reserve, multi million dollar ministers and politicians, shiny new high rise, fantastic govt. buildings, politicians who go overseas for medical treatment and
French cooking, and all this cannot save one little girl's family from financial ruin. If you still think u want to vote for the PAP, u have rocks in your brain. Just remember, TODAY IT WAS THE SOHS, TOMORROW, IT COULD BE YOUR FAMILY. Just like that.

Last edited by Papsmearer; Today at 12:11 AM.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>