• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NCMP cannot vote, go in suck cock? ask Sylvia Lim

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 2 oposition MPs and NCMP is same. All 3 of them can only talk and debate. When come to voting the bill in Parliament. 2 vote are useless. Even with 20 against also useless ...
20 wun b useless oredi ... ah loon wud spend his time fixing opps dan peasants oredi ...

ah loon oso wun dare 2 b so brave in insulting peasants ... if he stil carry on lidat, peasants can gif him a mor teruk lesson in ze nax erection ... :mad:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays can't claim first priority to that in a GRC, as GMS openly promised Malays. If not enough Malays are voting his Malay team-mate, but enough Chinese are voting his Chinese team-mates to qualify for NCMP, he has categorically stated the Malay team-mate gets priority. I'm neither Malay nor Chinese. I categorically disagree with that sort of promise or practice. If NSP is the only opposition in my GRC, I'll spoil my vote.

The Malay voter or politician for that matter, are not claiming first priority in any GRC. This is just an inducement provided by GMS over perception that the Malay votes the PAP. In exchange GMS hopes the Malay vote for his party and team. It is up to each best loser party to decide who they want to take up the NCMP seat, in the event there are insufficient seats to accommodate the entire team.

There is no way for NSP to determine, apart from random sampling, if more Malays or Chinese have voted for a particular party.

-

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP is like toothless tiger, can roar but cannot kill. :biggrin:

Low Thia Kiang has been an MP with full constitutional powers granted by the people of Hougang for the past 20 years. Apart from managing a small town council, he hasn't exactly shown any teeth in parliament. If voters are looking at a candidate's debating prowess in parliament, then it stands to reason based on the showing so far, that whether LTK or SL enter parliament as a MP or NCMP, it really makes no difference.

-

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand both PAP and Opposition got the electoral rolls and know voting patterns by pockets of voting districts along with the racial ratios in the distrists. A rough indication, I'd agree. Your clarification is also fair enough. It's GMS behaving like a Chinese desperado trying to bribe Malay votes. I don't think he'll succeed.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand both PAP and Opposition got the electoral rolls and know voting patterns by pockets of voting districts along with the racial ratios in the distrists.

wonder why GRC wards voting patterns are not available for public viewing in Singapore elections website? it's no big secret anyway. In other countries, you have the constituencies individual districts voting patterns all available for public viewing.

there's much speculation over the electoral voting patterns with nobody having any proof to back up.
e.g. someone here say that last GE Aljunied grc, WP polled above 45% in 3 wards, low 30% in 2 wards, average become 44%. another claimed in 3in1 that WP won 1 ward in Aljunied. ( Serangoon Gardens ) :confused:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope garment will raise NCMP monthly allowance to say $6500 a month (about half of elected MP allowance).

Then we shall see how many best losers in opposition camps will reject the NCMP seats :biggrin:

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder why GRC wards voting patterns are not available for public viewing in Singapore elections website? it's no big secret anyway. In other countries, you have the constituencies individual districts voting patterns all available for public viewing.

there's much speculation over the electoral voting patterns with nobody having any proof to back up.
e.g. someone here say that last GE Aljunied grc, WP polled above 45% in 3 wards, low 30% in 2 wards, average become 44%. another claimed in 3in1 that WP won 1 ward in Aljunied. ( Serangoon Gardens ) :confused:

WP got 58,593 votes against PAP 74,843 votes.

It is reasonable to believe WP won 1 ward in Aljunied. (Aljunied-Hougang) :wink:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dude, the above article is covered in CNA. U think it would be covered in CNA if they just put it in a blog or publish it on their website like what SDP is doing? The fact that she is getting so much attention goes to show it does help the opposition cause

hi there

1. bro, read my 2nd statement: get real.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people just like to see it expand; some people just like to be involved in the debate and the prcocess. :biggrin:

===

NCMP is just a little "concession" by PAP to pacify those who are crying for more "diverse" opinions in the parliment. Whats the point? Its like offering you a front row seat of a mass orgy but you cannot participate. For fuck? Yah, you can watch on the sidelines, you can give your speech, but wait a minute, you cannot vote. For fuck? Talk but no power. Might as well don't talk.

You want more airtime? Here's how, make yourself a weekly video clip and post it online. Have your pressence felt every week in the neighbourhood, either offering free legal counselling or walk-about. Be actively writing to the press suggesting this, suggesting that. All these takes alot of time and effort but no choice, you are not in parliment, you have to sacrifice some of this personal time to gain "airtime".

More air time to the media - hello, how many times the parliment sits in a year? And how much airtime each MP gets? Before you speak, you gonna apply and given, say 10 - 20min. to talk. Honestly, how many of us here watch parliment highlights after the news? And how many of us, actually go attend parliment sitting even if its free for public to attend?

All the decisions are made by the Cabinet and when it is put to the floor for debate, its 95% done deal. Like today, when LTK speaks, 10 other PAP members will jump on him and whack him.

No, the opposition party seriously needs to have 4 or 5 SMCs gained. Target the SMCs for this time round, like that, they cannot take away the SMCs the next round. Then target the GRC next. Bcos even if you bring down a GRC, it only means a cabinet minster losing his job, it does not shake the entire cabinet.

And seriously, Singapore is not ready for a change of government yet. Start with small steps.

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i shld agreed with u.
hear wat sylvia say "take d cue fm d cancer man, vote in 9 opp MPs" (instead of ncmp)

then, we will surely c a difference.

Low Thia Kiang has been an MP with full constitutional powers granted by the people of Hougang for the past 20 years. Apart from managing a small town council, he hasn't exactly shown any teeth in parliament. If voters are looking at a candidate's debating prowess in parliament, then it stands to reason based on the showing so far, that whether LTK or SL enter parliament as a MP or NCMP, it really makes no difference.

-