• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssMRT tell u all not to kao peh about 1 hour delay, will give u all REFUND

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electrical fault behind train delay: SMRT

angelamrtphoto1.jpg

Hundreds of commuters delayed at Outram Park MRT station. (Yahoo! photo)

SMRT says an electrical fault caused the major train delay that left 17,500 passengers stranded along the East-West line during peak hour traffic on Thursday morning.

In a statement to Yahoo! Singapore, SMRT said the electrical fault caused an eastbound train to stall between Tiong Bahru and Outram Park MRT stations at 8.59 am.

According to standard operating procedures, another train was then used to gently push the stalled train to the next station for passengers to alight. The stalled train was then directed back to the depot.

But as the stalled train was crowded due to peak hour traffic, the train officer took a longer time moving from cabin to cabin to release the cabin brakes. The train doors also remained closed when it arrived at Outram Park station and had to be manually opened.

This led to the process, which usually takes 20-30 minutes, taking over an hour to complete.

To maintain train service, SMRT said some westbound trains were turned around at Queenstown MRT station while eastbound trains were turned around at Outram Park MRT station.

Normal train service resumed at 9:50am.

During the delay, two passengers near Tiong Bahru station felt unwell and had to be sent to Singapore General Hospital.

According to a SCDF spokesperson, a man in his 50s felt giddy and a woman in her 30s experienced breathlessness and chest discomfort.

Analyst Kelvin Chow, 30, said he was stuck in the tunnel between Redhill and Tiong Bahru for 20 minutes when the driver announced that a passenger was having chest pains.

The driver could not move to the next station as the train in front was still stationary.The driver then asked for medical personnel onboard to help the passenger.

"Finally after another 20 minutes, we moved to Tiong Bahru (where an ambulance was waiting) and managed to get the passenger off," he said.
Public relations executive Felicia Goh, 24, told Yahoo Singapore she was stuck on the train for over an hour during rush hour traffic.

"I was initially stuck at Clementi before moving two stops and stalling again at Buona Vista," she said.

Undergraduate Jacqueline Wong, 22, was at Buona Vista station and after waiting for 15 minutes on the train and finding out about the long delay on micro-blogging platform Twitter, got off and took a bus instead.

Her mother was not so lucky. She took one hour and 20 minutes to get from Buona Vista station to Outram Park, reaching work two hours late, said Wong.

Jeremy Foo, 32, an engineer stuck at Outram Park station, added, "I heard trains have been delayed all morning. I've been waiting here for the last 25 minutes and still no train. This is bad."

Another commuter stuck at the Outram MRT station, sales manager Germaine Chia, said what made it worse was that mobile phone reception was poor.

"People have been complaining since I got here. The trains are not running and there' s no reception so we can't call in at work. Thankfully, this seldom happens," said the 27-year-old.

Frustrated commuters also took to Twitter to complain about the crawling train service and warned others to skip the train ride this morning.

@redha tweeted, "I think the delay affected a lot of places. Lots of grumpy people at Bugis MRT station when i got down just now."

The SMRT has apologised for the inconvenience caused.

It added that passengers who were unable to complete their journeys due to the disruption can file a claim for a refund at any of the MRT station counters within the next three working days.
On Sunday, a train was delayed at the Ang Mo Kio station after a Thai teenage girl fell onto the tracks and was hit by a train.

jw5

Loyal
The SMRT has apologised for the inconvenience caused.

It added that passengers who were unable to complete their journeys due to the disruption can file a claim for a refund at any of the MRT station counters within the next three working days.

This SMRT person who "apologised", is it a "Mr, Mrs, Ms, or Mdm"? :rolleyes:

Where can one file a complain for incompetence? :mad:

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With a profit of hundreds of millions , SMRT is really "competent" in providing world crap transport.
Shouldn't Foreign Trash 臭啊莲 Saw Phaik Hwa and 饭桶 Raymond Lim comment something about this "unforseen" event ? :mad:
No public apology form 臭啊莲 Saw Phaik Hwa ? :rolleyes:
Or is it kampong people to proud to apologise ?
Or the cat caught Raymond Lim's tongue ?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these occasional hickups are reasonably acceptable... provided they stop calling themselves top talent and deserving xxxx millions of obscene salaries

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these occasional hickups are reasonably acceptable... provided they stop calling themselves top talent and deserving xxxx millions of obscene salaries

It's like asking a dog to cut off its tail

Will you do that if you are a top earner?
Apologize and give up your millions just because your incompetent staff made some errors?

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you ass MRT! U think refund will do? Fuck! Remember, when we are late t paying bills, ur fuming government will impose late charges, so in ur case, you need to pay misc charges to every passenger min. $10/- per passenger depending on their age!

Some more passengers were sent to hospital, ass MRT should pay for their extra misc charges!

Fuck you ass MRT.

Fuck pap to he'll!

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you ass MRT! U think refund will do? Fuck! Remember, when we are late t paying bills, ur fuming government will impose late charges, so in ur case, you need to pay misc charges to every passenger min. $10/- per passenger depending on their age!

Some more passengers were sent to hospital, ass MRT should pay for their extra misc charges!

Fuck you ass MRT.

Fuck pap to he'll!

Asking for a $2 refund is a waste of time

But for Sinkie Ah Beng, it is a great opportunity to unleash their Ah Beng anger at the receptionist.
Because Ah Bengs have no other places to let out their frustration.

O

Omega Red

Asking for my limp dick to harden is a waste of time

But i continue to try because even tranny whores refuse to go near me.
Because i have no other places to let out my frustration.

Poor little wimp! :oIo:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do hire a 3rd world butch to run your 1st world transport system sure get 3rd world standard lor. Why own people too untrustworthy or too stupid to run own transport system ar?

jw5

Loyal
What to do hire a 3rd world butch to run your 1st world transport system sure get 3rd world standard lor. Why own people too untrustworthy or too stupid to run own transport system ar?

You still working with them bro?
Any idea why there have been so many promotions and resignations recently?
Saw on the sgx website the list of announcements for the last 3 months. The majority relate to management movements.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still working with them bro?
Any idea why there have been so many promotions and resignations recently?
Saw on the sgx website the list of announcements for the last 3 months. The majority relate to management movements.

Some cannot tahan that butch some fell out of her grace and some just rubbed her the wrong way nothing new :smile: As they say if the old dead wood don't go how to get fresh ideas.