• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singapore Lack of Talents for Two-Party System?

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore inherited a strong Civil Service from the British Administration and along the line the "locals" have continued to strengthen and upheld the great traditions of the Civil Service. In the same manner professionals and technocrats (including those in financial and business) have also contributed and provided leaderships for the growth. Politicians including Lee Kuan Yew and his peers could not have succeeded without the presence and support of these people.
I am totally aware of this because I have lived in and worked inthis environment and like many others have also contributed in my small ways.
The clear vision that I have gathered from this is that the "politicians" from the PAP, from the time LKY, regarded themselves as the "know-all"s and have always treated others with little due respect. They talked down on these equally important people. At every meeting, the politician from the governing party will chair and have the last word. This goes down along the lines where the chairperson will always prevail.
Ministers interfered with and act the as topmost executive officers. They should instead of clearly defining political policies upon which they were elected and then work along with the civil servants on how to implement and carry out these policies. Whenever, they chaired a meeting, they have the last word. This is also so in our Parliament when the last word is always with the Minister!
The upgrading of estates and improvement in public services including electoral boundary changes should be implemented across the board by the civil servants. They should not be influence by whether those effected have voted in the governing party.
Talents in small Singapore should be equally spread across all levels of society. Gifted and talented people are also much needed in all areas.
"Talents" should not be concentrated only in the political arena and certainly not only in one party!

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good shot! :biggrin:

The bastard PAPPIES are TAILORING OUR COUNTRY COMPLETELY ACCORDING to THEIR OWN WILL.

Excuse me but I must swear some foul words for this Chow Chee Bye! :oIo::mad:

This country is OURS and we must take it back from these bastards this GE. Or else go on like Egypt etc, and fight it out for a settlement already.:mad:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore inherited a strong Civil Service from the British Administration and along the line the "locals" have continued to strengthen and upheld the great traditions of the Civil Service. In the same manner professionals and technocrats (including those in financial and business) have also contributed and provided leaderships for the growth. Politicians including Lee Kuan Yew and his peers could not have succeeded without the presence and support of these people.
I am totally aware of this because I have lived in and worked inthis environment and like many others have also contributed in my small ways.
The clear vision that I have gathered from this is that the "politicians" from the PAP, from the time LKY, regarded themselves as the "know-all"s and have always treated others with little due respect. They talked down on these equally important people. At every meeting, the politician from the governing party will chair and have the last word. This goes down along the lines where the chairperson will always prevail.
Ministers interfered with and act the as topmost executive officers. They should instead of clearly defining political policies upon which they were elected and then work along with the civil servants on how to implement and carry out these policies. Whenever, they chaired a meeting, they have the last word. This is also so in our Parliament when the last word is always with the Minister!
The upgrading of estates and improvement in public services including electoral boundary changes should be implemented across the board by the civil servants. They should not be influence by whether those effected have voted in the governing party.
Talents in small Singapore should be equally spread across all levels of society. Gifted and talented people are also much needed in all areas.
"Talents" should not be concentrated only in the political arena and certainly not only in one party!

You spastic maggot:oIo:

Talented and smart people with half a brain will want to join the winning team, that is PAP (Long Live PAP!)

Would Messi consider joining Gombak Utd.. use your backside to think instead of your radiation affected brain:mad::mad:

D

Didier Drogba

Would Messi consider joining Gombak Utd.. use your backside to think instead of your radiation affected brain:mad::mad:

Even i myself won't bother to visit your country as a tourist let alone play in your ass league. :eek:

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
You spastic maggot:oIo:

Talented and smart people with half a brain will want to join the winning team, that is PAP (Long Live PAP!)

Real brainy and talented people with their principles and integrity may not be interested in joining the PAP. I know personally of a few with certainly ministers capabilities who will not do so - even for the salaries and subsequent pensions, free medical and directorships of companies.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seriously, as the head of PAP, what would you expect PAP to say? Two-party system is ok? Come on!!

Assuming if one day WP wins, you didn't think Sylvia Lim would say 2-party sysyem is ok, right?

Common sense. LHL got say as good as no say!!

:smile:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ist thing to do is abolish ISA,abolish GRC,elect an independent and with balls president,appoint an impartial judiciary.....and everything will fall into correct place eventually.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will immediately withdraw my support for any party that says that a two party system is not workable in a population of five million. I urge fellow Singaporeans to do the same. The beauty of a multi-party system is that there would then be someone else to step into the breech.

Saying that 'a two party system is not workable' is not just putting down the other side. If accepted as a guiding principle, it empowers the one-party in power to enact laws that diminish the legitimacy of other parties, even making them illegal. This one-party system has shown itself to be dangerous again and again. Look at NAZI Germany, Fascist Italy and Spain, Japan from the 1920s to the 1940s, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, etc.

Seriously, as the head of PAP, what would you expect PAP to say? Two-party system is ok? Come on!!

Assuming if one day WP wins, you didn't think Sylvia Lim would say 2-party sysyem is ok, right?

Common sense. LHL got say as good as no say!!

:smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't know whether there's sufficient talent for a two party system but there's definitely a dearth of talent when it comes writing grammatically correct thread titles.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a lack of "PAP" approved talent. Different parties look for different type of talent. SDP, for example, you need to have the talent to flame PAP before you are allowed to join. PAP's idea of talent may not be the same as everyone else

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know whether there's sufficient talent for a two party system but there's definitely a dearth of talent when it comes writing grammatically correct thread titles.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL! Should it have been - Is Singapore Lacking of Talents for Two-Party System?

Please render advice, lah.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LOL! Should it have been - Is Singapore Lacking of Talents for Two-Party System?

Please render advice, lah.

"Does Singapore lack the talent for a Two Party System?".

"Is Singapore lacking in talent for a Two Party System?".

"Is there a lack of talent in Singapore for a Two Party System?".

"Does the lack of talent prevent Singapore from adopting a Two Party System?".

jw5

Loyal

"................ when it comes to writing grammatically correct......................" :o :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
"................ when it comes to writing grammatically correct......................" :o :biggrin:

Instead of being pedantic, why don't you assist me in getting sinkies to write better English?:rolleyes:

Alternatively, I can send all my posts to you first for proof reading. :wink:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
In simpler language, peasants must kowtow to lackeys who do the dirty work for minions. Minions serve the Imperial Family and peace reigns in the land.

This is the same tactics used by the catholic church. The reigning pope crowns himself as the deity's representative who is aided by various cardinals. It is similar to the god king concept during the feudal age.

Alas, Peasantpore is now adopting the same feudal model that impoverish Europe and Imperial China eons ago.