• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ivy Lim shave her head bald outside Singapore court after surprise judgement

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bollywood Veggies cleared of charges
Farm director shaves head on winning case
By Elena Chong
ST_IMAGES_ECIVY26.jpg

Mrs Ivy Singh-Lim having her head shaved by her husband outside the Subordinate Courts yesterday, as she had promised to do if she won the case. In court, she thanked the judge and pumped her fist, saying 'Majulah Singapura!' -- PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO
acquit
SHE won the case and she lost her hair.

Mrs Ivy Singh-Lim, a director of organic vegetable and fruit farm Bollywood Veggies, kissed the floor and shaved her head outside the Subordinate Courts yesterday after the farm was cleared of two summons charges under the Building Control Act.

Mrs Singh-Lim, who turns 62 today, had promised to shave her head if she won the case.

As her lawyers from Engelin Teh Practice and a few passers-by watched, she had her hair cut and head shaved by her husband Lim Ho Seng, 68, and her driver of more than 20 years.

The job took about 15 minutes.

Mr Lim, a former chief executive officer of NTUC FairPrice, is also a director of the company.

Bollywood Veggies was acquitted of failing to comply with a notice requiring it to get the buildings at its Neo Tiew Road farm inspected, and failing to appoint a professional engineer to do the job.

The defence had challenged the validity of the notice and charges. Its case was that the company did not receive the notice and the reminders in 2008.

In her oral grounds, Judge Jasbendar Kaur found that the prosecution had failed to show beyond reasonable doubt that the notice and the two reminders were served on the company.

The defence had evidence to show that there had been occasions when Bollywood had not received mail sent to its address.

The judge also found that the notice failed to specify a time period within which the inspection had to be carried out.

'In the light of this, I find that the prosecution has failed to show that the accused company failed to comply with the notice as at May 26, 2009 as that was not the specified time period by which they had to carry out the inspection.'

Mrs Singh-Lim, former president of Netball Singapore, thanked the judge for confirming her faith in the country, that it was 'the best' in the world.

She pumped her right fist and said: 'Majulah Singapura!'

She is asking for costs from the state but this matter has been adjourned.

Interviewed outside the court, she said she wanted costs as the case, which she added should not have come to court, had taken so much of her time.

A Building and Construction Authority spokesman said: 'We will study the court's findings with our legal advisers before deciding on the next course of action and fine-tune our processes where necessary.'

The company could have been fined up to $20,000 for each charge if convicted.

[email protected]

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually its those chia liao bee silver serpent never serve the notice probably. thats y the case throw out of court.

a lot of all these state boards legal dept all chia liao bee, all the so call adviser legal knowledge cant even stream line the procedures for enforcement action in the state boards.

this one very malu, cant even serve notice properly! cant even fight those aunties checking carpark!!! should get ramseth, golden dragon or me to be legal adviser to stream line the procedures. :biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all wayang.
Now I now why she show her presence at Reform Party rally at hong lim green.
She supports opposition but the courts did not persecute her in this case.
It show our justice system is independent.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is all wayang.
Now I now why she show her presence at Reform Party rally at hong lim green.
She supports opposition but the courts did not persecute her in this case.
It show our justice system is independent.

She is also a Pappy victim like everyone of us. The reason why the kangaroo give way was because she knows how the systems work and besides being loaded, she will fight to her last breath and make a big scene. Pappy is very afraid of her.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two victories for her as her lawyer bro also was aquitted recently. Anyway, she's a spunky lady and tells it the way it is :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this one very malu, cant even serve notice properly! cant even fight those aunties checking carpark!!! should get ramseth, golden dragon or me to be legal adviser to stream line the procedures. :biggrin:

Bro, you flatter me leh. Streamline prodecures I am not good at. I am a maverick. I break laws to enforce laws. I am a good digger for information and intelligence. Probably in the top 5%.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you flatter me leh. Streamline prodecures I am not good at. I am a maverick. I break laws to enforce laws. I am a good digger for information and intelligence. Probably in the top 5%.

i think most ex regular got good back ground on how legal system work in order to put up a good case. in legal aspect im really shock by the way BCA do things! didnt even bother to make sure notice reach her, no cut off date for her to conduct inspection. sloppy work! i doubt even lawyers know what to do!!! get those ex IO or ex regular and pay them good pay to do the job better!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is also a Pappy victim like everyone of us. The reason why the kangaroo give way was because she knows how the systems work and besides being loaded, she will fight to her last breath and make a big scene. Pappy is very afraid of her.

her family in the early 50s was one of singapore richest, land acquisition act of the pap practically reduced her family fortune by more than 90 percent. trust me if you know her personally, you know she hate pappies more than anyone.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
trust me if you know her personally, you know she hate pappies more than anyone.

she has a big heart too. last heard she bid for a set of jewelery during a charity dinner, won the bid and simply presented the jewelery to her friend as a gift during the dinner itself. :wink::wink::wink:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exactly! she know how the system works thats why all these wayang.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
her family in the early 50s was one of singapore richest, land acquisition act of the pap practically reduced her family fortune by more than 90 percent. trust me if you know her personally, you know she hate pappies more than anyone.

wow more than 90%.

Her family owned lots of land correct? Her parents or grandparents were in the plantation business?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she has a big heart too. last heard she bid for a set of jewelery during a charity dinner, won the bid and simply presented the jewelery to her friend as a gift during the dinner itself. :wink::wink::wink:

Was the fren a normal fren or a very special fren?

How much did the jewellery cost?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She has the financial power to engage a decent lawyer. If it had been someone else with no $$$ to get a decent lawyer, sure kena convicted or plead guilty for convenience sake.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow more than 90%.

Her family owned lots of land correct? Her parents or grandparents were in the plantation business?

cannot really recalled the exact details, i was not born then. all i know is that her family was once one of the largest landlord in sg and her dad is a very successful businessman.

visit her at her farm to know the details. she is someone very easy to make friend with and easy going

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Was the fren a normal fren or a very special fren?

i'm not privy to that kind of info, bro
only know that the proceeds from the auction during the dinner goes to the donation drive.
the point is that she can part with her money to bid for an item & giving that item away as a gift.
i personally feel that's something i could learn a lot from.