• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tekka mkt after renovation even more stink.. LOL

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of making dat place more airy and less stink, the renovation acutally make it worse. LOL.. now when i wanto eat nasi bryani, i go to geylang serai mkt, cannot tahan the ahneh smell anymore in tekka mkt :biggrin:

Tekka Market smells worse than before, after 2008 revamp

tekka_market_smells_worse_than_before-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer KT points out that even with the fake ceilings and ventilators at Tekka Market, the place smells worse than before it was renovated in 2008.

The STOMPer thinks that the market should be designed like the Pek Kio Market at Cambridge Road in Serangoon.

In the STOMPer's email:

"It's been a while since Tekka Market reopened after undergoing a 15-month renovation.

"However, the condition of the market is really bad, especially with the severe stench at the trash disposal area, which is near the food centre.

"I can't imagine the hygiene level there.

"To top it off, the revamped design of the food centre with fake ceilings and air ventilators only serves to make things worse!

"You just need to make a quick trip there and your clothes will pick up the overpowering stale smell!

"Before the renovation, there was no such smell!

"This left me wondering why can't the market be designed like the nearby Pek Kio Market, with its tall, naturally airy concept.

"I hope the authorities can do something to improve the terrible condition of Tekka Market and preserve the good image and smell of this historical landmark."

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
What design, all they are interested is the rental they are looking forward to receive !!! Design .......what design ....... you die your problem !

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck la, what design? Add facade and make it more expensive to wash and clean only. Like this also call "design".

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anywhere that is near to Ah Neh territory sure stink. If every weekend, an influx of Ah neh visit RWS, sentosa will smell like Tekka mkt too.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stink comes from the mutton stalls. Almost vomitted while having the bryani. Either HDB fucks up again or deliberate acts to decongest little ah-neh.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of making dat place more airy and less stink, the renovation acutally make it worse. LOL.. now when i wanto eat nasi bryani, i go to geylang serai mkt, cannot tahan the ahneh smell anymore in tekka mkt :biggrin:

Tekka Market smells worse than before, after 2008 revamp

tekka_market_smells_worse_than_before-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer KT points out that even with the fake ceilings and ventilators at Tekka Market, the place smells worse than before it was renovated in 2008.

The STOMPer thinks that the market should be designed like the Pek Kio Market at Cambridge Road in Serangoon.

In the STOMPer's email:

"It's been a while since Tekka Market reopened after undergoing a 15-month renovation.

"However, the condition of the market is really bad, especially with the severe stench at the trash disposal area, which is near the food centre.

"I can't imagine the hygiene level there.

"To top it off, the revamped design of the food centre with fake ceilings and air ventilators only serves to make things worse!

"You just need to make a quick trip there and your clothes will pick up the overpowering stale smell!

"Before the renovation, there was no such smell!

"This left me wondering why can't the market be designed like the nearby Pek Kio Market, with its tall, naturally airy concept.

"I hope the authorities can do something to improve the terrible condition of Tekka Market and preserve the good image and smell of this historical landmark."

There used to be a great food court just across the street at Sheng Siong The Verve, air-conditioned some more. Cool, comfortable, no bad smells. But after renovation/upgrade of Sheng Siong, they closed down the food court. What a shame!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The stink comes from the mutton stalls. Almost vomitted while having the bryani. Either HDB fucks up again or deliberate acts to decongest little ah-neh.

Holy crap don't decongest them:eek: If not they'll spread out from that shit skin place into human areas.