• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslim population growth outpaces non-Muslims': study

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
WASHINGTON, Jan 27, 2011 (AFP) - The world's Muslim population will grow twice as fast as the non-Muslim population in the next 20 years, when Muslims are expected to make up more than a quarter of the global population, a study published Thursday predicts.

Using fertility, mortality and migration rates, researchers at the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life project a 1.5-percent annual population growth rate for the world's Muslims over the next two decades, and just 0.7 percent growth each year for non-Muslims.

The study, called "The Future of the Global Muslim Population," projects that in 2030 Muslims will make up 26.4 percent of the world's population, which is expected to total around 8.3 billion people by then.

That marks a three-percentage-point rise from the 23.4-percent share held by Muslims of the globe's estimated 6.9 billion people today, the study says.

More than six in 10 followers of Islam will live in the Asia-Pacific region in 2030, and nuclear Pakistan, which has seen a rise in radical Islam in recent months, will overtake Indonesia as the world's most populous Muslim nation.

In Africa, the Muslim population of the sub-Saharan country of Nigeria will be greater than that of Egypt in 20 years, the study projects.

And in Europe, Pew predicts the Muslim population will grow by nearly a third in 20 years, from 44.1 million people, or six percent of the region's inhabitants in 2010, to 58.2 million or eight percent of the projected total population by 2030.

Some European Union (EU) countries will see double-digit percentages of Muslims in their population by 2030: Belgium's Muslim population is projected to rise from six percent to 10.2 percent over the next 20 years, while France's is expected to hit 10.3 percent in 2030, up from 7.5 percent today.

In Sweden, Pew predicts Muslims will comprise nearly 10 percent of the population compared to less than five percent today.

Britain's Muslim population is predicted to rise from 4.6 percent to 8.2 percent by 2030, and 9.3 percent of the population of Austria is forecast to be Muslim by then, compared to less than six percent of residents of the alpine country now.

Russia, which is not a member of the EU, will continue to have the largest Muslim population in absolute terms in Europe in 2030, with 18.6 million Muslims or 14.4 percent of the total population of the vast country.

The United States, meanwhile, is projected to have a larger absolute number of Muslims by 2030 than any European countries other than Russia and France, but proportionally, Muslims will make up a much smaller percentage of the population of the United States than they do in Europe.

The Muslim share of the US population is projected to grow from its current level of less than one percent to 1.7 percent by 2030, making Muslims "roughly as numerous as Jews or Episcopalians are in the United States," the study says.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in our island, one Malay family produces four kids.

One Chinese family produces one/two kid(s).

Quite obvious who will be the majority in 50 years' time.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Quite obvious who will be the majority in 50 years' time.

They have more privilege than us. Indirectly We are feeding them.
That is why they mutiple so fast.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

LKY tried to fix this problem with his graduate mother scheme. However, the moronic chinks were unable to read between the lines and objected vehemently. The project was shelved and LKY had to evoke plan B - the mass import of non muslims to maintain the racial/religious balance.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have more privilege than us. Indirectly We are feeding them.
That is why they mutiple so fast.

I say it is more of the different mindset of both races. The Malays believe that every child is a blessing from Allah and hence, the more the merrier.

The Chinese believe that every child should be ensured and given a good life till his adulthood. Hence, the number of children is pegged to their earning power. They rather have one child with a good life, than three children who have to suffer a poor life.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is shit talk, tell that to the billion+ Chinaman in China.

The Chinese believe that every child should be ensured and given a good life till his adulthood. Hence, the number of children is pegged to their earning power. They rather have one child with a good life, than three children who have to suffer a poor life.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I say it is more of the different mindset of both races. The Malays believe that every child is a blessing from Allah and hence, the more the merrier.

yes diff mindset. But if you come to think bout it logically, everything is so ex nowadays, how to have more kids?
I believe everybody here loves kids, the more the merrier, but are we able to feed them?
Muslim is given more previlege, hence producing more. But if you look around u, ended up what happen, theft, robbery, drugs, debts to furniture shops, debts to the banks, whose are the ones? Is this a blessing from Allah?

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY tried to fix this problem with his graduate mother scheme. However, the moronic chinks were unable to read between the lines and objected vehemently. The project was shelved and LKY had to evoke plan B - the mass import of non muslims to maintain the racial/religious balance.

You cannot fully blame the Chinese for that. The "Stop at Two" campaign was so successfully enforced that many Chinese parents feared having more than two to prevent fines and open discrimination. Ultimately, Chinese want quality than quantity.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is shit talk, tell that to the billion+ Chinaman in China.
Why do you think the Chinese are not having kids in SG till the parents are in the 30s - 40s? They want to have enough money to raise children. Quality over quantity. Mind you, I am talking about our Chinese in our island, not the Chinese in PRC.

I was talking about Singapore all this while, never did I talk about PRC.

Last edited:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes diff mindset. But if you come to think bout it logically, everything is so ex nowadays, how to have more kids?
I believe everybody here loves kids, the more the merrier, but are we able to feed them?
Muslim is given more previlege, hence producing more. But if you look around u, ended up what happen, theft, robbery, drugs, debts to furniture shops, debts to the banks, whose are the ones? Is this a blessing from Allah?

We all want more kids, if given the choice. Of course, I know the huge costs in raising a kid here. I don't blame the Chinese here for low birth rate since they are too busy earning just enough money to pay bills, support parents and to survive. I do believe in having quality than quantity. :wink:

Stealing is quite common among the Malays. You can see how often Malays are charged for stealing handphones, valuables and others, simply because their lives have no quality. They are just living just by the teeth, and they get envious of their friends who has branded stuff, so they steal.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all want more kids, if given the choice. Of course, I know the huge costs in raising a kid here. I don't blame the Chinese here for low birth rate since they are too busy earning just enough money to pay bills, support parents and to survive. I do believe in having quality than quantity. :wink:

Stealing is quite common among the Malays. You can see how often Malays are charged for stealing handphones, valuables and others, simply because their lives have no quality. They are just living just by the teeth, and they get envious of their friends who has branded stuff, so they steal.

yes bro, :smile:totally agreed with that. Is not that chinese are money minded, its the surrounding that casues us to do so. We need to work then we can harvest. As for the minorities, they just think that relac, slowly slowly, can slove everything. no need to think so much, no need to stress so much, keep laughing at chinese who is slogging like hell, ended up, we can see very clearly who have the last laugh and who are the ones that need help n committing majority of the crime globally.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/COLOR]
yes bro, :smile:totally agreed with that. Is not that chinese are money minded, its the surrounding that casues us to do so. We need to work then we can harvest. As for the minorities, they just think that relac, slowly slowly, can slove everything. no need to think so much, no need to stress so much, keep laughing at chinese who is slogging like hell, ended up, we can see very clearly who have the last laugh and who are the ones that need help n committing majority of the crime globally.

We work hard to ensure that our future generation has a better future. But the rising costs of living and housing is ensuring that we only have kids during our 30s. And we will probably only have one or two children. The Malays with their devil-may-care attitude will produce 4 - 6 kids. I don't like the upcoming truth, but the truth is we are going to be outnumbered within 50 years, with two unfriendly neighbours up north and down south respectively. PAP has to wake up and give more incentives for future mothers.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not that chinks unable to read between the lines but rather the less educated ones are having more children and the more educated ones are having less or no
children at all. There are exception there again .

Over time the less educated miscalculated and
seek social assistance from government . And there
are exception again here too .

You make it sound humorous .

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We work hard to ensure that our future generation has a better future. But the rising costs of living and housing is ensuring that we only have kids during our 30s. And we will probably only have one or two children. The Malays with their devil-may-care attitude will produce 4 - 6 kids. I don't like the upcoming truth, but the truth is we are going to be outnumbered within 50 years, with two unfriendly neighbours up north and down south respectively. PAP has to wake up and give more incentives for future mothers.

yes, Im begining to feel it too few years back, east side is surround with dig soil.