• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Swee Say say he is the"deaf frog"who ignore all criticisms to win the race

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Swee Say say he is like the "deaf frog "
who ignore all criticisms to win the race to the top

<object data=http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/sp/budget2010/0403_dont_just_criticise_be_part_of_the_solution.html width="1300" height="400"> <embed src=http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/sp/budget2010/0403_dont_just_criticise_be_part_of_the_solution.html width="1300" height="400"> </embed></object>

lim_swee_say_01.jpg

THE LITTLE DEAF FROG THAT COULD -
Labour chief Lim Swee Say likened the
labour movement to a 'deaf frog' which
continued to try to improve the plight
of low-wage workers, in whatever ways
it could, despite criticisms.

THE story goes that in a kingdom of
frogs, the tallest tower in the world is
built for an annual competition.

And when the event is held, many aim
to become the champion by making it
to the top, but fail as they are
discouraged by the audience, who
warn that the climb is too dangerous.

All except one frog who did reach the
top. And when asked afterwards why
he ignored the crowd, the frog said:
'I'm deaf. I can't hear them.'

With this tale, labour chief Lim Swee Say
responded to opposition MP Low Thia Khiang
(Hougang), who repeated his criticism of
a day earlier that low- wage workers
continue to languish, and that the
labour movement ought to do better
and work harder.

Mr Lim's point: Despite criticisms like
those levelled by the Workers' Party
chief, the labour movement continues
to address problems faced by low-wage
workers and to improve their situation.

'We never give up. We are like the
little frog. We are deaf to all these
criticisms,' he said.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what stupid analogy.

deaf frog will also means not listening to the ground - just do the way you wanna to do...

yah right - finally he spoke truth.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like the frog in the pot cooked over a very slow fire. Before the frog knew what was happening it was already cooked. Just look at the state of our affairs and you should know which frog he is.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is this guy even a politician? Thw words coming out from him is so silly? He is more suitable to be an adminstrative fellow and that is probably all he is good at.

Whatever he is saying is not helping the party gain votes.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this guy even a politician? Thw words coming out from him is so silly? He is more suitable to be an adminstrative fellow and that is probably all he is good at.

I completely agree with what u say. This zorro wannabe is under a grand delusion of self-importance and thinks he is the people's man, the creative and innovative force behind the NTUC; the unifying glue in our great labour movement which is actually part of the ruling PAP.:rolleyes: It has to be because he is also a Cabinet Minister making millions of dollars in salary and perks and he heads the labour movement representing the average Joes and other humble workers! He may think so highly of himself (resilient, determined, unafraid, tough-minded, humane, caring etc) but I squirm a little whenever he spouts such inapt analogies! He is not the "deaf frog" but more like the "ostrich in the sand", pretending that everything is fine!:biggrin::biggrin: I really wish him all the best but u are right, he should stick to purely administrative duties. OTC was more humane and believable when he was the labour chief and I don't recall that he is so flamboyant, showy and eager-to-please as the incumbent! :wink:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My version:

THE story goes that in a kingdom of frogs, the tallest tower in the world is built for an annual competition.

And when the event is held, many aim to become the champion by making it
to the top, but fail as they are discouraged by the audience, who warn that the climb is too dangerous.

All except one frog who did reach the top. And when asked afterwards why
he ignored the crowd, the frog said: 'I'm deaf. I can't hear them.'

The interviewer replied "Oh, did you know that they had been trying to tell you that you were climbing the wrong tower all these while".

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think he sounds like taxi drivers, TCSS that's all. And lots of nonsense too. How he ever made it to where he is today is close to a miracle.