• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why getting mad at your spouse is important

hahaho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why getting mad at your spouse is important
Saturday, January 08,

Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): It may not be a good idea to forgive your spouse for all the mistakes, as those who do are more likely to face additional bad behavior compared to those who stayed angry, suggests a new study.

Study author James McNulty, of the University of Tennessee said that the benefits of forgiveness might need to be weighed against the risks.

“You may feel better if you forgive me. But the question is, what happens down the road?” LiveScience quoted McNulty as saying.

“I measured, basically, people’s tendency to be forgiving and partners’ tendencies to engage in verbal and physical aggression.

“The partners of less-forgiving spouses actually showed a decrease… If I’m a forgiving person, you’re going to keep [acting aggressively] for four years,” said McNulty.

To track forgiveness, McNulty asked 135 heterosexual newlywed couples to fill out individual relationship diaries every day for a week.

The diaries included a questionnaire about whether the person’s spouse had done something to upset them, and whether they’d forgiven their spouse for the transgression.

The husbands in the narrowed sample reported bad behavior from wives on about 29 percent of days, while wives reported bad behavior from husbands on about 34 percent of days.

Overall, spouses who forgave their partners were almost twice as likely to report that their partner misbehaved the next day as those who held a grudge, found McNulty.

However, the findings don’t suggest that forgiveness is always bad nor is it a given that forgiving someone will turn you into a doormat, said McNulty.

“If I forgive you, I’ve given you no reason to stop. But if you rarely do it anyway, then that’s not much of a problem,” said McNulty.

The findings were published in the Journal of Family Psychology. (ANI)

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought getting even with your spouse is more important!:biggrin: That will teach her a lesson she'll find hard to forget.:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most important is communication. When all communication fail, its time to upgrade the man. This will teach him a lesson he will never forget.