• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what will happen to all msgs from old forum

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly got so sick of the content of the old forum and the characters that infested it I used to dread having to administer it on a daily basis. It was like walking into some ghetto combat zone.

But have you ever thought that it is such interesting engagements that bring people back to the forum for both participants and by-standers everyday? Besides, those who are sick of it, they can always press the "ignore" button.

The coffee shop talk forum was NEVER intended to serve as a political platform for so called half baked "activists" Pappies or otherwise. It was started simply as a place where people from the sex forum could discuss non sexual issues which were deemed off topic in the sex forum. It was NOT for flame wars... bastion of freedom of speech and all that jazz. It was for simple easy going chit chat... what did you have lunch... what movies are good.... what do you think of the new Lexus etc etc.

As in all things in life, evolution is always at play. Your forum has evolved. Let it evolve. It's not as if you can't talk about the little things there. What I like about the old forum is that people have choices. People can choose to engage or ignore those so called political postings. Live and let live...

Political stuff was welcome to but it was intended to be politics from the viewpoint of the average sinkie joe. I never wanted professional "activists" and the the various party "internet brigades" to invade the forum and do battle 24/7.

In fact, you should take it as a compliment that your forum has evolved into something with such a formidable followings that even "professional" activists and "internet brigades" participate too! Again, for those postings which an average joe finds it too "chim", he has every rights to ignore.

People come here and say .. "This forum boring.. no life.. no fun... etc". My answer is the same... any forum is what you make of it. This site is not my blog. It's a forum. YOU provide the content... not me. All I do is provide the software, the hardware and the technical support to keep it going.

Yeah, your new infraction system, I can tell you, is a time-bomb. It can be open to abuse. Only time will tell....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As in all things in life, evolution is always at play. Your forum has evolved. Let it evolve. It's not as if you can't talk about the little things there. What I like about the old forum is that people have choices. People can choose to engage or ignore those so called political postings. Live and let live...

In fact, you should take it as a compliment that your forum has evolved into something with such a formidable followings that even "professional" activists and "internet brigades" participate too! Again, for those postings which an average joe finds it too "chim", he has every rights to ignore.

You seem to forget that the delphi forum was not a public place. It was MY forum. Just as you have the right to decide what TV channels you watch in your own home and how you want the interior to be decorated, so too do I have a right to decide the tone, the content and the direction of MY forum.

It evolved into something I did not like simply because I did not have enough time and the appropriate moderation tools to keep it the way I wanted it.

As for this forum.. members can make all the choices they want too. They can post political stuff, small talk. tech stuff.... whatever. The only condition I have is to keep the coffee shop section free of flame wars. I would like a bit of peace and quiet there so that those who want to be friendly can do so without the risk of being flamed to death.

The looney "activists" are free to pursue their agenda in the politics section. However, I am not going to allow 100 new threads every day with the title "GMS IS A LOSER"..."GMS IS AN IDIOT"..."GMS IS A DISGRACE TO THE OPPOSITION".. blah blah. Same goes with all that crap about "WP are pappy stooges" crap spread over hundreds of threads.

Condemn GMS and the workers party by all means but don't spam the forum with multiple threads of hatred. Use the forum. Don't abuse it.