• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub / Mio TV?? Free Internet TV bah!

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanna share something with the forumers here.

When starhub started the Euro 2008 pay per view programme, i stuck to my guns n' decided not to subscribe to it n' was surprised that i took up the right decision as the presentation pre match n' during half time sucked as i tuned in once to the free to air semi final match.

Instantly, i decided to look up for some programmes that could broadcast channels to my pc for free n' installed some programmes on my PC. Though the quality wasn't really that good, i was catching Euro 2008 n' other channels live on my PC for free.

If anyone is tired of Starhub or MioTV, you could try www.sopcast.com.
I've been tuning in to this programme for movies, F1, n' football matches. With the champions league going to MioTV, i'm sure alot of people are looking for alternatives.

One warning though, most of the matches are shown on CCTV, which is China's broadcasting station, so commmentary's are spoken in Chinese. Then again, you'd get channels like starsports n' ESPN live as well.

Cheers n' Enjoy!

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
another alternative is TVants. besides sports, there are also many other great radio and TV channels to be had. fuck starhub n singtel for fleecing us.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, thanks for bringing up the 2 other alternative programmes. Hopefully more people will find these programmes usefull n' starhub n' Miotv will wake up their idea.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did stumble on a couple of website that has links to tv sites worldwide but simply too lazy to check them out...but so far sop cast and tvu are the 2 that i had tried and no complains so far except perhaps on the resolution...but free one cannot hiam...