• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman ignores son’s pleas and jumps to her death

C

Cao Cao

Wednesday December 8, 2010

Woman ignores son’s pleas and jumps to her death

By CHITRA S. NATHAN
[email protected]

SEREMBAN: A 10-year-old boy’s pleas to his mother not to jump went unheeded as the woman leapt 13 floors to her death from a block of flats in Jalan Tun Dr Ismail here. The 37-year-old woman, known only as Loh, ignored appeals from her son and residents in the 3pm incident yesterday.

It is learnt that Loh, from Seremban 2 here, told her only child that they were going to meet a friend but instead brought him with her to the flats. Residents were alarmed when they heard the boy crying and screaming hysterically.

A resident, who wished to be known only as Ng, said she heard the boy asking his mother who they were going to meet. “I listened to their conversation in the lift as the woman did not seem to be a resident of the flats.

“She kept telling him to be patient and it was only after the incident that I realised she was the one who jumped,” she said. Another resident claimed that Loh said she wanted to commit suicide due to her husband’s gambling habit.

“I was having a nap when I heard the son crying and the mother insisting that she wanted to kill herself. “When I came out of my unit, I saw other residents trying to plead with her not to jump,” he said.

Loh’s husband and sister arrived at the scene a short while later but were too distraught to speak to reporters. The woman’s body had been sent to the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital for a post-mortem.

When contacted, a Seremban Befrienders spokesman said it often received calls from people depressed about their spouses’ gambling habits. He advised people facing such problems to contact their counselling line and not to take their own life.

The Befrienders can be reached at 06-765 3588 in Seremban.