• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Up close with Singapore supermodel Sheila Sim

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody heard of her before?

blog_sheilasim.jpg

Singapore supermodel Sheila Sim, minus the diva attitude and super-sized ego.

You’ve all heard horror stories of how some supermodels have feet too big for their own Manolo Blahniks.

The term “supermodel” itself conjures up images of impossibly tall, waif-like Amazonian women who survive on one salad a day, moan about how hard their life is and who are ready to throw super-sized hissy fits at the drop of a dime or cracked nail.

(Or is that just the latest episode of “America’s Next Top Model”?)

Armed with those thoughts, you can imagine my surprise when I caught up with Singapore supermodel Sheila Sim on the sidelines of the recent Puma Black Station fashion event and found her totally lacking in “diva” or “supermodel” attitude.

Don’t get me wrong — the leggy 26-year-old is as glamorous (in a non-intimidating way) as they come but what surprised me most was how warm, down-to-earth and articulate she was.

The bubbly, 1.75-metre beauty had moved to Hong Kong to pursue a modelling career in 2002 at the age of just 17 where her unconventional, elfin-like beauty quickly made her a runway favourite.

Now back in Singapore and sporting a fashionable short crop, Sim has been the “face” of Shiseido, Levi’s, Canon and Estee Lauder and local jeweller Poh Heng in recent months.

Here’s Sheila in her own words.

Any plans to pose nude or do lingerie?

People in the industry know that I don’t do lingerie and swimwear and if you’re talking about posing for FHM, then I would have to be wearing clothes for the shoot but like I said, anything can happen.

On recently returning to school and pursuing a finance and marketing degree at Curtin University:

School is quite fun. I always thought that I’m not a mathematical person and figured it will be hard but its manageable. Finance was something which I didn’t plan to do as I never thought I was a finance person. I have been doing modelling and it’s all marketing and PR, so finance is very new to me and suddenly it’s a whole new world.

On her big screen acting debut in local indie-film “Autumn in March” last year:

I didn’t go in with much expectations, it was my first movie so going in was with an open mind, I had good people working with me and it was a lot of fun. The script caught my attention as I could relate to the character easily because my brother passed away from leukemia when he was young and the movie was about a girl losing her family in a similar situation.

Having to portray your emotions through the camera was something new to me because most of the time I just have to look pretty right – that’s commercial. To have emotions put across, that was something very challenging but I really liked it.

On the hunt for Singapore’s next top model:

It’s possible to have another supermodel as Singapore is always on the hunt for new faces, fresh blood and right now, it’s just a moment where there isn’t someone who catches their eye yet, but I am sure it will come along and when the time comes, she will be the top model.

On the common belief that runway models earn big bucks:

I believe most people will not go into banking and do modeling if that happens. It’s a quick form of earning cash, but it’s not sustainable in the long run and it is not consistent as it’s always project-based so you don’t have a confirmation on how many projects you have in a month.

On her three-year relationship with her S’pore banker boyfriend based in Japan:

I’m still going through a long-distance relationship with my other half right now and am not sure how long it will be like this. I will be lying if I said it was not difficult. It was very challenging in the beginning because you have to get used to having someone not beside you and see and go through things without him.

On love and romance:

I have seen so many people go through long-distance relationships that it’s a norm now due to work postings. I think it’s all about trust and faith and in the end, everything works out.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
4418.jpg

Glamour beyond the lens: Sheila Sim

Who: One of Singapore’s top models, this 24-year-old stunner with seven years of modelling experience beat 300 candidates to land the lead role in her first movie, soon-to-be-released Mandarin drama Autumn in March.

Work schedule: Filming for the movie was crammed into three to four weeks, so shoot days lasted 12 to 14 hours. However, fashion shows are still the most hectic. If they’re held at mall, rehearsals are scheduled before stores open, so call times are as early as 5:30am! Depending on show times, choreography, and hair and makeup, I can be at the location for more than 15 hours.

Problems: I have sensitive, combination skin that’s prone to inflammation. Also, my hair is fine and tends to break easily. My scalp gets irritated as too many products used at shoots clog its follicles.

Survival kit:
• I use Ipsa White Protect C Creative Concealer, which comes in three shades. I love to tan so it lets me combine the shades to match my skin tone.
• Dior’s Hydration Hydra-Respect Cleansing Oil removes makeup well. It’s mild yet effective, leaves no residue and isn’t heavy.
• Before a shoot, I’ll use Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask to hydrate skin.
• Twice weekly, I use Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo to remove any styling product residue.
• I go to Casey Inc (#02-08/09 Palais Renaissance, tel: 6235-5328) for a monthly hair and scalp treatment. Owner Casey Chua prescribes the most suitable treatment, depending on my hair condition.

Workout: I hit the gym twice weekly, go for a 90-minute Muay Thai session once weekly and rock-climb occasionally. I also try to cycle most places.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
.......... ..............

remiq.net_137.jpg

Anybody heard of her before?

blog_sheilasim.jpg

Singapore supermodel Sheila Sim, minus the diva attitude and super-sized ego.

You’ve all heard horror stories of how some supermodels have feet too big for their own Manolo Blahniks.

The term “supermodel” itself conjures up images of impossibly tall, waif-like Amazonian women who survive on one salad a day, moan about how hard their life is and who are ready to throw super-sized hissy fits at the drop of a dime or cracked nail.

(Or is that just the latest episode of “America’s Next Top Model”?)

Armed with those thoughts, you can imagine my surprise when I caught up with Singapore supermodel Sheila Sim on the sidelines of the recent Puma Black Station fashion event and found her totally lacking in “diva” or “supermodel” attitude.

:

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
ohhhh Curtin University :rolleyes:

That is a uni attended by bogans with a reputation for being degree mill like and a lot of academic scandals to add to its "accolades".

She look more chio in long hair.....

Zhou Yü

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then show us your pics leh. we have many good judges of beauty here.
Not funny. How dumb can you get for asking that from a clone of the OA. There are consequences that you have to face for how you reply to any clone / characters of the OA. I am waiting to see what kind of reply i will get from you next before i decide your fate in this forum. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
maybe. gave her another 10 yrs, she probably will look like her.:eek:

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. frances yip married a white individual.
3. no way, this model is her daughter.
4. honest, did not hear of anything about some sheep's supermodel catwalking in hk.
5. at 26, she is pretty late leh!
6. and at only 1.75m, she is just some so so model.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Singapore supermodel" is an oxymoron. How beautiful can sheep be? :rolleyes: Fann Wong (fake eyelids, flat chest). Fiona Xie (fake eyelids, fake boobs). Felicia Chin (fake eyelids, everything from the waist up is fake). Jacelyn Tay (alright, there's nothing to nitpick about her. She's one of the most beautiful transsexuals in Sinkieland). :rolleyes: