• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is there Personal protection order for Guy?

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi anyone here can remember him?

Can help to post his photograph?

Not that I know that guy also can apply for a personal protection order against his wife.

+++

SINGAPORE: As a former crime reporter with The Straits Times, Mr Russell Tan Rui Leen was no stranger to the courtroom.

ADVERTISEMENT

But when the investment analyst appeared in Court 25 of the Subordinate Court yesterday, it was for being on the wrong side of the law.

The charge: Stabbing and slashing his wife of seven years, Madam Goh Hwee Suan, 35, at their Pasir Ris flat on Sept 30 last year.

The bespectacled 39—year—old — who was surrounded by a group of friends — was initially in high spirits but his mood changed when his lawyer said he would have to wait until next month for the court verdict.

His lawyer, Mr Lee Yih Gia, told reporters that District Judge May Mesenas had decided — in chambers — to adjourn the case pending further reports on Mr Tan and his wife from the Institute of Mental Health (IMH).

This is the second time his sentencing had been postponed. On July 29, Judge Mesenas adjourned the hearing to allow the prosecution to verify Mdm Goh’s claims that Mr Tan had harassed her via SMSes and email. This, the Judge said, could have an influence on the sentence.

It is not known if these claims have been verified as they were not mentioned in court yesterday.

Mr Tan, who is out on a $15,000—bail, told reporters tearfully after stepping out of the courtroom: “I am not a bad man, I still love my wife very much.”

Mdm Goh, who has recovered from her injuries, was not in court yesterday. The couple have two sons, aged six and three, and are in the midst of a divorce.

Almost immediately, Mdm Goh’s elder sister yelled at Mr Tan for being “unremorseful” of his actions. The woman, who declined to be identified, told reporters that Mr Tan was an abusive husband and that during one of the couple’s heated arguments, the police had to step in after he allegedly hit Mdm Goh.

Mr Tan did not respond to her allegations and left the court soon after. At the previous hearing, Mr Tan had pleaded guilty to stabbing Mdm Goh in the chest, back, neck and face with a knife after a quarrel at their flat.

The court also heard that Mr Tan continued slashing his wife even after his six—year—old son begged him to stop.

“No, she must die, she must not live. I must kill her,” Mr Tan had been quoted as saying.

In his defence, Mr Tan claimed that he had to endure “spousal abuse”. A counsellor with the Pasir Ris Family Service Centre had testified that Mdm Goh was verbally and physically abusive. Mr Tan also obtained a personal protection order against his wife in August last year. The case will be heard again in court on Sept 12. If found guilty, Mr Tan could be jailed up to 10 years or for life, and fined or caned. — TODAY/sh