• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tamasick trying to sell Chartered

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Shit times today, Tamasick is trying to sell their 60% stake to TSMC via Goldman.

This only tell us one thing.

Tamasick is having a credit crunch.

Selling Chartered at this time is a fire sale, only when you have no more money then you will be force to do this.

Selling Chartered will also risk mass retrench as semiconductor sector is suffering.

TSMC and Tamasick both denies the news.

DBS today drop below $10 and may break $9 soon, Singapore is in big trouble.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha let DBS drop. It got many shit to clear. Hong Kong shit. Singapore shit. All Lehman shit. A lot of money it will lose. Let's see DBS sack some top shit!

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
A long recession of 3-5 years mean CSM will have to operate way below its capacity for a long time. CSM may be got not enough $$$ to pay staff salaries if sales keep going down so must sell off to TSMC.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
A long recession of 3-5 years mean CSM will have to operate way below its capacity for a long time. CSM may be got not enough $$$ to pay staff salaries if sales keep going down so must sell off to TSMC.

Since when CSM pay for anything? How many millions you you think CSM got when they announce every quarter that they loss 30 millions?

Tamasick is injecting fund in for a long time.

Since it is a policy to keep Chartered going, why sell them at this point of time? When it's worthless?

One reason : Tamasick no money.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought this share at $7 over dollars more than 10 years ago. Now only twenty over cents. Luckily I covered back by selling other stocks at the beginning of the year. So my CPF investments made $20k. I made the right decision otherwise all stocks humpty dumpty now. Wish CSM dissappear from the island.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

shareholders will be surprise at how much CSM paid out as retention bonus in 2006 and 2007. I was like huh when i heard from my source in CSM. Apparent CSM cannot attract local talents to work there and replace the korean engineers many of whom are still on expat pay despite being PR here. The HR was headed by a idiot aka FT abit from our Northernly neighbour.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
shareholders will be surprise at how much CSM paid out as retention bonus in 2006 and 2007. I was like huh when i heard from my source in CSM. Apparent CSM cannot attract local talents to work there and replace the korean engineers many of whom are still on expat pay despite being PR here. The HR was headed by a idiot aka FT abit from our Northernly neighbour.
CAnnot attract local talent ? I heard that many are having a very heavy pay cut !

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that was last year. Anyway local are only mid level excutives and engineers. Till now still a lot of koreans leading the fabs.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tamasick selling?????????????????
can't believe its happening!!
i need 2 poke my eyes 2 see stars!!
hey kuntakinte!! where r u? :biggrin:

knn.... last time i thought Ho Jinx onli know 2 gobble up companies?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Temasek is one good company who pays millions to top people encouraging them to lose more money... CSM has been bleeding since it started... and those people who screwed up the whole thing are now happily enjoying the 10~20 millions...

This is the type of "calibre" managing singapore's money... scary..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My goodness. They can actually let an FTrash head HR! No wonder they only hire FTrash! *Ptui*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at the no. of fat FTrash cats on the board! No wonder the company is bleeding to death!

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2004/03/03/0001145549-04-000267/Section8.asp

A. DIRECTORS AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT

The following table sets forth, as of January 31, 2004, the name, age and
position of each director and member of senior management of our company.

Name Age Position
Board Of Directors (1)
James A. Norling (2) (3) 61 Chairman of the Board
(6)
Lim Ming Seong (3) (4) (6) 56 Deputy Chairman of the Board
Chia Song Hwee(2) 41 Director
Sum Soon Lim (3) (4) (5) 60 Director
(6)
Robert E. La Blanc (5) 69 Director
Andre Borrel (3) (4) (5) 67 Director
(6)
Charles E. Thompson (3) (6) 74 Director