• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nowadays it is easy to get into fights in Singapore than in Hongkong !

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below incident may not be a fight but a small thing like this is a bloody challenge in singapore these days.

There are too many kind of people in singapore now, what color you name it, integration is just fun talk.

If you drive, you will agree that fights can break out easily on the roads either .

Singapore is getting hotter, everybody seems to be boiling.

As for the locals, better to learn some street fighting skill to ward off unnecessary attack.
Singapore does not belong to the locals anymore.

YAYA FTs have stronger muscle now, besides, PAP is behind them !

Oct 22, 2010
Civic-minded courage on the train

IT ISN'T often one sees civic-minded courage at work, especially during the morning peak-hour rush. I did last Friday on the East-West MRT line after boarding the train at Tanah Merah.

Soon after I took my seat, a man accused another of stepping on his foot. The exchange got heated, especially after one of them accused the other of attacking his wife.

Just when I feared a fight was about to erupt, a slim, bespectacled senior citizen stepped up and calmed down one of the men.

A moment later, another commuter, a younger man, gently shepherded the other away.

It is gratifying to know that there are people who are unafraid to step forward and prevent disagreements from turning ugly in public.

Joyce Marion Lee (Ms)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is gratifying to know that there are people who are unafraid to step forward and prevent disagreements from turning ugly in public.

Public onlookers or passers-by coming across disputes that may or have turned violent should call the police, not going in to interfere (out of whatever goodwill or valor), unless there's a personal side to take, e.g. friends or relatives involved. That's civic duty done. Otherwise it's busybody and foolhardy without knowing heads or tails and what for.

There's no shame and due owed. It's not being afraid. It's doing the right sensible thing. People who're branding those who don't try to break up a fight that doesn't concern them are sick in mentality intoxicated by all those swordsmen and cowboys good guys and heroes stories.

It's different from the civic and humane duty to stop and help an accident victim, or if you can swim well enough, dive into the river to save someone who's drowning. There's clear cause and purpose.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
These and domestic violence are the signs of an economic downturn

I disagree!!! This is not signs of economic downturn, it is a signs of elevated sinkieness..

Be careful and watch your step if you miggle among these losers. I suggest that you get out of the country and stay somewhere where people doesn't have such polluting and negative character traits.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below incident may not be a fight but a small thing like this is a bloody challenge in singapore these days.

Joyce Marion Lee (Ms)

SO what did Joyce do as a civic minded person?

Did she call security or the police?

Did security or the police went down to the problem?

Did Joyce went on to stop the quarrel? NO? Why no?
Is she afraid that she would be beaten up or worst being stabbed with a knife?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are too many kind of people in singapore now, what color you name it, integration is just fun talk.

If you drive, you will agree that fights can break out easily on the roads either .

Singapore is getting hotter, everybody seems to be boiling.

As for the locals, better to learn some street fighting skill to ward off unnecessary attack.
Singapore does not belong to the locals anymore.

YAYA FTs have stronger muscle now, besides, PAP is behind them !

Oct 22, 2010
Civic-minded courage on the train

IT ISN'T often one sees civic-minded courage at work, especially during the morning peak-hour rush. I did last Friday on the East-West MRT line after boarding the train at Tanah Merah.

Soon after I took my seat, a man accused another of stepping on his foot. The exchange got heated, especially after one of them accused the other of attacking his wife.

Just when I feared a fight was about to erupt, a slim, bespectacled senior citizen stepped up and calmed down one of the men.

A moment later, another commuter, a younger man, gently shepherded the other away.

Joyce Marion Lee (Ms)

1stly, your heading is seriously misleading. Just because of a report of a close incident and you compare fights in Singapore and Hongkong?

In Hongkong, people fight with parangs and are not afraid of the police at all. You ever try that in Singapore?

2ndly, if we are talking about civic-mindedness, then the article just display an example where there are civi-mindedness and people do step forward if things do happen. you wnat to compare that to Hongkong where people would just stay away, run away even and pretend nothing had happened?

have you even been to hongkong and watch a gang fight?

3rdly, you have displayed what is known all along about singaporeans, ignorant and totally mountain turtles. A small matter like that and you actually wnat to bring this up? Are you serious?