• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the Stock market

L

Luxy

Just to share my insights and research from the stock market.

As what we can see now, the stock market is trading horizontally.

The main reason is that people are partially unconfident. But why doesn't the market dips? Becos most companies are still making more money this year but yet people predict it will do lousier very soon. The main cause of the lousy market is due to the credit crisis in america few months back. Normally economy will not be affected immediately, and repercussions only creaked in some time later, meaning later half of this year. We have seen banks closing down, fed pumping in cash and more will come. Even though banks do not totally represent the whole economy but banks are a huge determinant and a market leader when comes to market. When the bank business is good, everything else is good. And vice versa. Now the bank has been affected, the same will slowly come to companies, sectors by sectors. It is extremely hard to trade now even though companies seem to be doing well but yet stock prices kept dipping.

What i suggest is to look for good companies (meaning blue chips), buy this year at cheap prices then sell them ard 2 years later. I have ever used this method to make money. Short term trading is not advisable now as it is risky and extremely unpredictable.

Just my 2 cents worth of advice.

Luca

Trading in shares require some form of discipline and rules. One must know how to trim and groom his portfolio thru time and he/she will be rewarded in the long run.

Buy and Hold is frequently put forward as sound advice - “Hold a good quality portfolio and it will look after itself”. This is based on the observation that the stock market has never failed to recover from numerous setbacks, and has always gone on to surpass its previous high point.

A well rounded long term portfolio will no doubt have a number of strong performers but also several stocks that have fallen significantly in price. Avoiding such losses requires only a small change in mindset.

If the investor simply bought the best performing stocks in the market (by volume or recent gains for example), and then sold any that went below the stop loss, the portfolio would not contain any of the big losers. If he replaced these with stocks with strong performers, the portfolio would always be made up from strong stocks and would easily outperform the market average.

Just sharing my thoughts. :smile: