• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA to spend $26 million on Orchard road

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA will spend $26 million to raise Orchard road to prevent future floodings. The 1.4 km road, stretching from Orchard tower to the junction of Scotts/Orchard road. The roadworks will be completed by the middle of next year.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's about time... The gahment talks about giving our 'guest' a good impression!

Flood will chase off potential shoppers in Orchard.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't MM Lee say no amount of engineering will make SG flood free? If thats the case, why spent 26 million?

So is LTA saying MM Lee is wrong? who is right?

Z

Zombie

Cross your fingers... the water must still go somewhere since the drains are not widened..

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cross your fingers... the water must still go somewhere since the drains are not widened..
for sure. the water has to go somewhere.

my neighbor did the same trick. end up my side flooded when the water comes in too fast.

i think what they are hoping to achieve is to spread the amount of water to more drainage system located around the area instead of relying on the few critical junctions that was highlighted before.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The floods hit other areas other than Orchard area, so what about the rest of Spore :confused:

PAP spent billions to create the problem & now they are proposing to spend only millions to fix the problem :eek: Somehow I don't believe that there's a cheap solution.

This is the PAP we're talking about :rolleyes:

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't MM Lee say no amount of engineering will make SG flood free? If thats the case, why spent 26 million?

So is LTA saying MM Lee is wrong? who is right?

Because of MM's statement, LTA will solve the flooding problem through landscaping techniques and not engineering.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN 1st flood tell peasant is the drain block. Try to bluff us all/telling lie. 2nd flood bo bian tell us that the cannal to small. Still not telling the truth.
KNN even flash flood again 30 cm will not help.

purple fingers

Alfrescian
Loyal
meanwhile, any recourse to those shops affected by the flood ..
or perhaps free road tax for those car owners whose cars were affected