• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nokia N8 launching in Singapore soon

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks like quite a cool phone. Any takers?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrXHXin9Iio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrXHXin9Iio?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, this shows I really old

Bloody mobile phone ad doesn't say anything about CALLS

It is more a camera than phone - also all that facebook, social networking are for the young and trendy

I think I need a senior phone, with high volume to account for hearing difficulties and big keypad and screen because of arthritis and poor eyesight

I don't need social networking - half my friends are dead, one quarter are bedridden and the other quarter are a bit senile like me

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really disappointing...Nokia has lost it...once the market leader in terms of design and product innovation has lost it.

1. design / outlook, fucking blocky and square - the iphone is more sexy. It used to be, Nokia phone is the one to beat. Now, its the iphone.

2. the feature of using finger to zoom or shrink picture view is passe. iphone have it since beginning and from the video, this feature on the N8 is a tad slower in response, in short, not smooth. ditto for the scrolling of the menu (left to right) - iphone scrolling is smoother, whereas N8 is abit more retarded.

At the moment, the only thing iphone need to have is to have predictive text input - it will be much better. I am a Nokia user since my first phone...and to think, I am seriously thinking of jumping to iphone...

Nokia has lost it for me.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You'll get the same answer from:

How do you plan to use sbf to improve your life?

:biggrin:

The forum is free. That stupid phone costs a thousand bucks. There must be some sort of plan to make it worth the money before such an outrageous purchase is made.

I've never spent more than $150 on a phone. As long as it rings when it's supposed to, I'm happy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nokia and Intel are cooperating in devloping a new phone OS called MeeGo.

Anyone know if the Nokia N8 is using this OS :confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iphone is king of smartphone
nokia should stick to cheap and easy simple phone
and the very expensive luxury phone
middle ground taken by apple.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They still using Symbian lah, outdated OS, LOL
I think Nokia will work well with Android.

If in the future Nokia is going to go with MeeGo , then the N8 is a a dead end product as it is just another Symbian product.

I don't think they want to be another "me too" android phone maker . There would be little to distinguish them from other manufacturers like HTC, Motorola, etc. They will end up like Dell, a generic HW maker.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most absurd statement I've heard, Nokia still has the largest smart phone user base. Steve Jobs is getting panic and starts shooting down Android and RIM with rubbish rantings and cannot differentiate TwitterDeck and TweetDeck

iphone is king of smartphone
nokia should stick to cheap and easy simple phone
and the very expensive luxury phone
middle ground taken by apple.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nokia would no longer “refer to Symbian^3 or Symbian^4,” rather all “future improvements in Symbian will be developed in Qt and will be compatible with the existing Symbian^3 platform release.” The new, ubiquitous Symbian model will focus on Qt as the development framework and include support for HTML5. The company wrote, “The decision to focus on Qt as the sole application development framework will ensure that applications will continue to be compatible with future evolutions of Symbian as well as upcoming MeeGo products.”

If in the future Nokia is going to go with MeeGo , then the N8 is a a dead end product as it is just another Symbian product.

I don't think they want to be another "me too" android phone maker . There would be little to distinguish them from other manufacturers like HTC, Motorola, etc. They will end up like Dell, a generic HW maker.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The forum is free. That stupid phone costs a thousand bucks. There must be some sort of plan to make it worth the money before such an outrageous purchase is made.

I've never spent more than $150 on a phone. As long as it rings when it's supposed to, I'm happy.

If you only need a phone that rings, you don't need to spend more than $80