• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Smartass Mah Bow Tan reveal secret to catch foreign property ownership

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB [COLOR="_______"]spot checks[/COLOR] on property ownership

SPOT CHECKS are in store for Housing Board (HDB) flat buyers, see if they are breaking the rules on owning private property in Singapore or overseas.

Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday the public housing authority will conduct spot checks both locally and overseas, to determine if HDB flat buyers are lying about their interests in other properties.

He was responding to a question from Ms Lee Bee Wah (Ang Mo Kio GRC) who voiced what has been on the minds of Singaporeans: how HDB will trace whether an HDB owner has a foreign property.

The HDB had recently announced that those who buy an HDB resale flat on or after Aug 30 must dispose of their private property - including any held overseas - within six months of the HDB purchase.

Mr Mah explained that at the point of purchase, HDB flat buyers are required to declare any interest or ownership in private property, local or overseas.

Those guilty of false declarations can be liable, on conviction, to a fine of up to $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term up to six months, or both.

If it is discovered before the completion of the purchase, HDB can cancel the application.

If the discovery is made after the sale, HDB can compulsorily acquire the flat.

'For practical reasons, HDB adopts different approaches to check on private property ownership in different countries.

'I am unable to disclose the details to avoid hampering HDB's enforcement work,' said Mr Mah.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
All talking thru their rear only; practically enforcement work is not feasible as they have no jurisdiction away from this tiny dot. Take all the FT with questionable qualifications for example; for so many years, how many actually slipped thru.

In his statement, there is a big "IF', machiam like selling snake oil like that.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
every once in awhile, they have to conjure some lies & throw smoke screens in the wind, so to appease the mounting pressure. in short, they like to use paper to wrap fire. at the end, they will yaya-papaya & say "if u're not satisfied with our policies, why do u vote for us?"

then, maybe they will cite reasons saying "we have done service to this nation for many years, u'll continue to vote for us, bcos u know we will continue to do service to this nation.... bla bla bla"

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>'I am unable to disclose the details to avoid hampering HDB's enforcement work,' said Mr Mah.>

Sound very much like the old Taiwanese Sword fighting TV Series, many years ago, remember?, "si ma bo pin"....the anticipation of a fight, then when confronted " we will meet again":biggrin:

The same with WKS, all smoke, then, the news, we all heard before the toliet rolls the toliet cubicle....then " still doesn't know, how MSK made it to Senoko"...

:p

This mean they will be watching all the properties launches in Johor ( Iskandar) ; KL , Penang & elsewhere, SINgaporeans who attends or are invitied to attend....spies will be there...so from now on...beware! ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if im wrong, sorry for my ignorance.
i tot estate duty has taken off, so this mah check simi and hw to chk?
:confused:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
How's he gg to check if the parents bought oversea properties under their kids' names?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
All talking thru their rear only; practically enforcement work is not feasible as they have no jurisdiction away from this tiny dot.

Nothing to do with jurisdiction. In most countries, it's easy to buy such information. Probably a case of random checks and catching those snitched upon.

The rule can be easily and legally circumvented in most countries though - a local corporation owned by a BVI.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

SPOT CHECKS are in store for Housing Board (HDB) flat buyers, see if they are breaking the rules on owning private property in Singapore or overseas.

Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday the public housing authority will conduct spot checks both locally and overseas, to determine if HDB flat buyers are lying about their interests in other properties.

He was responding to a question from Ms Lee Bee Wah (Ang Mo Kio GRC) who voiced what has been on the minds of Singaporeans: how HDB will trace whether an HDB owner has a foreign property.

The HDB had recently announced that those who buy an HDB resale flat on or after Aug 30 must dispose of their private property - including any held overseas - within six months of the HDB purchase.

Mr Mah explained that at the point of purchase, HDB flat buyers are required to declare any interest or ownership in private property, local or overseas.

Those guilty of false declarations can be liable, on conviction, to a fine of up to $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term up to six months, or both.

If it is discovered before the completion of the purchase, HDB can cancel the application.

If the discovery is made after the sale, HDB can compulsorily acquire the flat.

'For practical reasons, HDB adopts different approaches to check on private property ownership in different countries.

'I am unable to disclose the details to avoid hampering HDB's enforcement work,' said Mr Mah.

Mah Bow Wow is the dumbest fuck I know. How u going to check? even with all the electronic surveillance at their disposal, how can they track them? How to check overseas? Is he going to ask all the countries in the world to provide him any reports of sinkies buying their properties? Which country will comply with this? He thinks that other countries are dictatorships like sinkie land. U try and ask the Australians to provide u with a list of sinkies who have bought Aussie property since August, and they will tell u to fuck off.
The people who fit this category arethe favourite FT pets of Old Goat. Its the PRC and Indian FTs that are buying many resale flats, and they are the ones that have property in China and India. Mah Bow Wow has a snowball's chance in hell that they will comply truthfully, as they are both countries of congenital liars.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

The heading does not jell with the statements leh. Did MBT revealed any secret on how to catch violators ?

His last statement truly equates to 'I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, SO DON'T TELL YOU' !.

That's MBT's secret!

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
The heading does not jell with the statements leh. Did MBT revealed any secret on how to catch violators ?

His last statement truly equates to 'I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, SO DON'T TELL YOU' !.

That's MBT's secret!
huh u didnt realise ah, his secret is spot check lor

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah Bow Wow is the dumbest fuck I know. How u going to check? even with all the electronic surveillance at their disposal, how can they track them? How to check overseas? Is he going to ask all the countries in the world to provide him any reports of sinkies buying their properties?

Very easy to catch 90% of potential offenders. Just ask the HDB applicant for a list of countries he's been to and conduct a search in these countries. Such information is usually obtainable for a fee.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is such a big country, he thinks he is smart enough to catch everyone! Ha ha ha. I buy my china property with my Chinese Dialect name and they can't find out.:p

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Very easy to catch 90% of potential offenders. Just ask the HDB applicant for a list of countries he's been to and conduct a search in these countries. Such information is usually obtainable for a fee.

SO easy mah? If the guys name is John Tan, got 2000 of them in KL alone. How to find out which ones are sinkies?

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah Bow Wow is the dumbest fuck I know. How u going to check? even with all the electronic surveillance at their disposal, how can they track them? How to check overseas? Is he going to ask all the countries in the world to provide him any reports of sinkies buying their properties? Which country will comply with this?

See above posting by cass888. Possible method of checking.

Gahment may not even have to ask sinkie to declare countries he visited. Gahment get info from Immigration Customs. You know at the airport when you go overseas, they always punch something when you show the Sinkie passport, maybe flight number?? From there, gahment know where you go and search on those countries.

Also see below example. George Yeo go Australia, besides talk here, talk there, George will tell his counterpart in Australia. "You know, our countrymen go Oz to buy properties, can your ministry provide a list of sinkie each time those sinkie buy proerty in Oz?" The aussie minister will say, "Sure thing, Georgie". So that is also another way, gahment know who buy overseas properties.

Visit to Australia by Singapore's Foreign Minister George Yeo

Media release
16 June 2010

Singapore's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr George Yeo, is visiting Australia from Tuesday 15 June to Saturday 19 June as a Guest of the Australian Government.

This is Mr Yeo's first visit to Australia since APEC in Sydney in September 2007, and his first bilateral visit since 2005.

I met Mr Yeo in Canberra today, Wednesday 16 June. We discussed a range of matters of importance to the Australia-Singapore relationship and to our cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region.

Mr Yeo also met the Prime Minister.

On Friday 18 and Saturday 19 June Mr Yeo will join me in Perth, where we will visit Curtin University, which has established a campus in Singapore, and conduct a wreath laying ceremony at the State War Memorial in Kings Park.

In July 2009 in Singapore, Mr Yeo and I co-chaired the Singapore Australia Joint Ministerial Committee meeting (SAJMC), which brings together Foreign, Defence and Trade Ministers from both countries in a dialogue to discuss foreign, strategic, defence, trade and economic issues of mutual interest.

Australia looks forward to holding the next meeting of the SAJMC next year.

Singapore and Australia are natural partners in our region, with a bilateral relationship founded on long-standing, education, defence, strategic, tourism and trade links. Singapore is Australia's sixth largest two-way trading partner and its largest in ASEAN, with total two-way trade valued at almost $23 billion in 2009.

Singapore and Australia work closely together on a range of regional and global economic, strategic and security issues, including in the East Asia Summit, APEC and ASEAN Regional Forum, as well as through the United Nations.

Media inquiries
Minister's Office: (02) 6277 7500
Departmental Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is such a big country, he thinks he is smart enough to catch everyone! Ha ha ha. I buy my china property with my Chinese Dialect name and they can't find out.:p

Good idea. But how are you going to prove who you said you are?

When you buy you show some sort of identification, passport??

With that name in passport, gahment will know, Mah Bow tan bow wow wow!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
See above posting by cass888. Possible method of checking.

Gahment may not even have to ask sinkie to declare countries he visited. Gahment get info from Immigration Customs. You know at the airport when you go overseas, they always punch something when you show the Sinkie passport, maybe flight number?? From there, gahment know where you go and search on those countries.

Also see below example. George Yeo go Australia, besides talk here, talk there, George will tell his counterpart in Australia. "You know, our countrymen go Oz to buy properties, can your ministry provide a list of sinkie each time those sinkie buy proerty in Oz?" The aussie minister will say, "Sure thing, Georgie". So that is also another way, gahment know who buy overseas properties.

Which pathetic dream is this from? If George Yeo asks the Aussie minister for a list of all the sinkies who buy property (and that would not even be easy for them to compile such a list), the Aussie minister will not give him something for nothing. The Aussie minister will at minimum ask for a list of all the Australians holding large deposits in S'pore banks in order to chase the tax evaders and money launderers. U think Georgie going to give him this list?

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which pathetic dream is this from? If George Yeo asks the Aussie minister for a list of all the sinkies who buy property (and that would not even be easy for them to compile such a list), the Aussie minister will not give him something for nothing. The Aussie minister will at minimum ask for a list of all the Australians holding large deposits in S'pore banks in order to chase the tax evaders and money launderers. U think Georgie going to give him this list?

Yah, it is quite possible it is a pathetic dream.

But there is something call intergovernment cooperation. They can trade info for their own benefits.

You and I won't know.

We are not in government.

We don't hold a ministerial position.

For if we do, would we be in this loser forum.

I'll be bow wow wow if I'm Mah Bow Tan :smile: