• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best hawker centre in S'pore?

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHICH is the best hawker centre in Singapore?

According to readers of Chinese-language newspaper Shin Min, it is the Tampines Street 11 Round Market & Food Centre.

The place, plus four other hawker centres, and 40 stalls islandwide won plaques on Saturday at the City Gourmet Hunt Awards.

The inaugural event, organised by Shin Min and City Gas, was held at the top-rated Tampines food centre.

For the past five months, Shin Min readers voted for their favourite stalls in over 100 food centres under four categories - laksa, nasi lemak, char kway teow as well as coffee and bread.

Jin Shen Laksa in Boon Lay was among the 10 winners in that food category. Said owner Er Chin Tiak, 52, who sells up to 300 bowls daily: 'The coconut and shrimp are very important. I try to make everything myself; that's why it tastes good.'

In the char kway teow category, Hong Kee Char Kway Teow in Beauty World Food Centre is among the 10 winners.

Winners in the nasi lemak and coffee and bread categories include Hajimaksah Barkat Chahya Food in Boon Lay Place and Sunrise Traditional Coffee in Market Street.

City Gas, which supplies 90 per cent of the piped gas to hawker centres, said a similar event will be held next year.

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken laksa

2510457341_106ec4a633.jpg

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Old Airport Hawker Centre still the best!!!

What's so nice at the hawker centre? Name some of your favourites.

I had better food elsewhere, for hokkien prawn mee and wanton mee. PM me what you like i'll tell you where to go. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You like fishing? *FISH MURDERER**!!! :rolleyes:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
You nincarboot !!

Like that I climb in after midnite over the fence lor !! Standby the oil !!:eek:

Actually if you dare, you can come to my house. I'll see who is the one who comes out alive from a death match. :cool::cool:

You mean the chilli oil I'm gonna use to set you ablaze huh? :biggrin::biggrin: Asking for it!!!

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you dare, you can come to my house. I'll see who is the one who comes out alive from a death match. :cool::cool:

You mean the chilli oil I'm gonna use to set you ablaze huh? :biggrin::biggrin: Asking for it!!!

You nunpot!!

I will come with marinated oil so as to barbecue slowly right before my eyes and slurp, slurp later !!:eek:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
You nunpot!!

I will come with marinated oil so as to barbecue slowly right before my eyes and slurp, slurp later !!:eek:

I will have a tub of baby oil plus 3 hungry banglas waiting to devour you. Scared now? :smile:

If you dare to come for a death match, pm me and i'll meet you with the banglas, oil optional.

Last edited: