• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ren Ci Hospital and Medicare Centre regains IPC status

xavier69

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ministry of Health has accorded Ren Ci Hospital and Medicare Centre the status of an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) with effect from this Tuesday. Previous donors...will you continue to donate to Ren Ci?

thisrocksmysock

Alfrescian
Loyal
IPC means that companies can donate and get tax benefits loh.. on a personal level, it doesnt matter if ren ci regains that title now does it?

Personally, I would donate (not a diplomatic ans). After all the patients do need help and yeah, if we can afford it why not. :rolleyes:

utd4ever59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I have stopped donating to charity after the NKF saga knowing that for every dollar that I donate only less than 10 cents reached the charity itself. Here in the Ren Ci case its also not right knowing that the Venerable living occassionally in a posh condo,drives around and owns an expensive watch and has companies under his name.Ain't a monk suppose to give up the materialistic world and live in a temple?

utopia8787

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, after the NKF issue, everyone thought Renci is the only biggest trustful charity.

it has proven otherwise.

i rather take a walk down orchard rd and empty my wallet to the $1 tissue sellers.

ppl who are dumb enough to donate to these "charities" deserved to be cheated.

utopia8787

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I have stopped donating to charity after the NKF saga knowing that for every dollar that I donate only less than 10 cents reached the charity itself. Here in the Ren Ci case its also not right knowing that the Venerable living occassionally in a posh condo,drives around and owns an expensive watch and has companies under his name.Ain't a monk suppose to give up the materialistic world and live in a temple?

the monk can say whatever he like.

he is just not doing what he preach.

if you trust him, dont doubt him.
if you doubt him, don't trust him.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the monk can say whatever he like.

he is just not doing what he preach.

if you trust him, dont doubt him.
if you doubt him, don't trust him.

according to paper reports, monk co-owns the posh condo with other men. and we always thought monk lives in a temple. what an enlightenment!!:confused:

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
The evil PAP gov run the whole show, who cum n who go, wat governance to install, wat publicity to make

so the qn is really ... CAN U TRUST THE PAP GOV ???

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
we should all stop donating to charity. politically, do you think the government will allow these beneficiaries to "die" if we all stopped donating? let them (PAP) deal with the poor and hungry - that's what they are paid millions for.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
there maybe some behind deals being done with the former CEO and abbot of Ren Ci.

another charity going under the control of government. :mad: