• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poodle Couple own two cars, but take public transport on weekends

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUSBAND and wife own a car each.

For work, they go off in their separate cars from their five-room flat in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.

But during their weekends, they stick to public transport.

Mr Eric Kwek, 55, a civil servant said:

"Traffic can get quite busy on weekends when we go downtown. So we choose to take the MRT instead since we live near the MRT station."

Plus, they save on petrol too.

"Both our cars are only used for work. We hardly drive anywhere else," he said, adding that they don't venture to too many places for leisure.

Mr Kwek, whose wife is also a civil servant, said they each earn $9,000 a month.

Both leave for work before 7am. Mr Kwek works in the Serangoon area and his wife works in Ang Mo Kio.

To avoid having to ferry each other to their individual workplaces and risk reaching work late, the couple decided to
get a second car.

"It used to be very inconvenient having only one car. My appointments had to be cut short when I needed to fetch my wife to important appointments of her own.

"With two cars, this problem is solved," he said.

The couple own two sedans - one a Mazda and the other a Toyota. They have a 21-year-old son, an NSF who "spends most of his time in camp and doesn't drive".

Carparking expenses: About $130 a month on season parking and $400 a month on petrol in total for both cars.

Mr Kwek said he's never had problems finding a parking lot for his second car.

He currently has two season parking tickets for his estate's surface carpark, both of which cost $65 each.

His view: "It's the newer estates, I think, that have parking lot shortages. There are more homes than parking lots.

"I think they should design more parking lots for residents in these newer residential areas."

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/Owners/Others/Story/A1Story20100824-233653.html

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis is the 66%.

civil servant
9k each
1 family
2 cars
problem solve

knn gt money, of course can solve ur fucking problems lah.:oIo:

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very strange. They live in Ang mo kio and only drive to work. But the wife works in Ang Mo Kio. So you bought a car just to drive a couple of streets every weekday?

And civil servants working in Sembawang and Ang Mo Kio? As the thread starter suggests..... are they Police?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Carparking expenses: About $130 a month on season parking and $400 a month on petrol in total for both cars.

That is about $200 in fuel per car? So inefficient? I spend like less then $60 for 2 weeks on my car. About $130 a month then. Parking free at home in the garage and at work. Weekend, most shopping malls free parking as well.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
tis is the 66%.

civil servant
9k each
1 family
2 cars
problem solve

knn gt money, of course can solve ur fucking problems lah.:oIo:

The Green-Eyed Monster at work again? They studied hard, got their degrees, and got a government job. They make $9k each which isn't much and isn't little. Other $18k couples would be driving two BMWs and trying to make ends meet on their $1.5 million condo but this couple didn't overstretch themselves by living in private property, so they live comfortably.

To put it bluntly, what is your F**King problem?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Green-Eyed Monster at work again? They studied hard, got their degrees, and got a government job. They make $9k each which isn't much and isn't little. Other $18k couples would be driving two BMWs and trying to make ends meet on their $1.5 million condo but this couple didn't overstretch themselves by living in private property, so they live comfortably.

Many degree holders cannot get cushy government jobs, let alone well paying ones, of course green eyed.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
tis is the 66%.

Yup and this is the reason why the PAP is pretty much entrenched no matter what.

This couple could well feel exactly the same way many of you guys do.. that the LKY is a useless old fart who runs a dictatorship and controls the kangaroo courts to perform hatchet jobs on the opposition.

However, when it comes to the elections, why on earth would they want to remotely threaten the status quo and put their comfortable lives at risk. As far as they're concerned, "more of the same" for the rest of their lives would be perfect.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk cock sing song lah, what important appointments he and his wife has if ur a civil servant, and weekends only carpark is hard to get and not busy at all on roads leading to town, have they withness the jam in the morning peak hour from mons to fris??

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

me? i trying to say since dey earning quite well and didnt overstretch like u mention, wat are dey whining abt?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And what is the problem? If 66.6% think life is good, what is wrong with them voting accordingly?

Nothing whatsoever. Countries get the sort of govt they deserve and Singaporeans and the PAP definitely deserve each other. In fact, it's like an intimate love affair... a big quarrel once in a while and nagging and grumbling at each other on a regular basis but still a compatible relationship in the grand scheme of things.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many degree holders cannot get cushy government jobs, let alone well paying ones, of course green eyed.

If their combined income is only $9k, then buy only one car. If their combined income is only $5k, then take the bus for crying out loud. KPKB for what?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this couple illogical. If I were them, I'd sell off one car, both take the MRT to work since it is so convenient, and only drive the one car on weekends.

Taking the occasional taxi to own appts still more economical than owning 2 cars.

Like that, I maximise my use of the monthly HDB carpark pass, save a bundle on petrol and parking at the workplace.

And even splurge on a BM or Merc.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
if both are them are in sales running outside one i find it logical even if their workplace is in amk. but they are civil servant, their financial planning really fail honestly. but its their cash and money, who are we to care