• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many candidates can non-PAP parties fill the next GE?

lightblue77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did a rough calcuation... is possible that all 82 seats (assume remain same, just changing of boundary line) will be contested. The most 12 seats go uncontested (two 6-men GRC e.g. AMK GRC, TP GRC or Marine Parade GRC).

WP: 20
SDA (SPP, SJP, PKMS): 15
RP: 15
NSP: 15
SDP: 10
SF (the newly formed party reported in the media said contest 5 seats): let assume is a 5-men GRC.

TOTAL: 80

Will we see this kind of contest?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are fairly optimistic. But if true... expect the oppos to grab 15 seats at least! One GRC if not two, and about 5 SMC should fall this time.

I hope we wont be stuck again with the two pro-PAP, fake opposition seats. If this is again the result, I would actually prefer the oppos not to win a single seat!

Then the opposition will come back stronger after the two fake opposition seats are gone!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did a rough calcuation... is possible that all 82 seats (assume remain same, just changing of boundary line) will be contested. The most 12 seats go uncontested (two 6-men GRC e.g. AMK GRC, TP GRC or Marine Parade GRC).

SF (the newly formed party reported in the media said contest 5 seats): let assume is a 5-men GRC.

A closer estimate would be:

NSP - 22
RP - 12
SDA - 12
SDP - 6
WP - 20

Total - 72

Around 2-3 GRCs walkovers. But would still be the highest contests since 1988.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
9 NCMP positions to offer.

Hougang to be retain by WP

Potong Pasir :confused: can SPP still win it again ?

A realistic prediction will be... 1 elected MP and 8 NCMP :biggrin:

lightblue77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it true only 2 or 3 GRC uncontested... these people living there.. sway or lucky got 1 xtra holiday..

let hope all 82 seats can b contested...

All thoese here... pls volunteer whichever political parties u like or where u stay... not necessary as election candidates.. but proposer, seconder, polling agents... campaign logistic support etc... these non-PAP parties need tons of volunteer in the background... whichever u can help or strengths... pls step forward...

For the future of Singapore and our future generations...

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it true only 2 or 3 GRC uncontested... these people living there.. sway or lucky got 1 xtra holiday..

let hope all 82 seats can b contested...

All thoese here... pls volunteer whichever political parties u like or where u stay... not necessary as election candidates.. but proposer, seconder, polling agents... campaign logistic support etc... these non-PAP parties need tons of volunteer in the background... whichever u can help or strengths... pls step forward...

For the future of Singapore and our future generations...

So this coming GE is 82 seats to be contested ..no longer 84 seats :confused:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we should focus on quality not quantity

If quality is a requirement within the PAP camp then only Tharman can stand up and be counted. Other than his double talk, he is actually a capable professional doing something within the PAP that is close to what he was doing in private life.

All the other PAP ministers can count themselves lucky to even step foot into parliament based on their results in office.

Too much talk about the calibre of the APs but the PAP actually has many more jokers in their camp.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal

fren, i think u're a bit too optimistic la, if opposition can achieve ½ of what you predict, is already deep enough an impact to accelerate harry's life expectancy, and reason enough for us to pop champagne liao

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal
If quality is a requirement within the PAP camp then only Tharman can stand up and be counted. Other than his double talk, he is actually a capable professional doing something within the PAP that is close to what he was doing in private life.

All the other PAP ministers can count themselves lucky to even step foot into parliament based on their results in office.

Too much talk about the calibre of the APs but the PAP actually has many more jokers in their camp.

Oh puhleeze. The riff raff of the opposition cannot be compared to the lowest calibred PAP candidate. Yes, there are exceptions, like LTK (Chiam was just at the right place at the right time but he was at least a successful lawyer), Sylvia, Steve Chia, Kenneth J, maybe Perry Tong who will hold their own among the PAP MPs alright maybe even GMS but he really needs to go for PR classes (look at his posture in his own podcast http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/2010/08/nsp-national-day-message-2010.html holding his hands like an like an aqua) and public speaking classes but the rest I wouldn't hire as a cleaning supervisor, let alone the Chairman, of a town council.

Last edited: