• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl says ‘I love you’ to dad and jumps to her death

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday September 5, 2010

Girl says ‘I love you’ to dad and jumps to her death

By CHRISTINA CHIN
[email protected]

GEORGE TOWN: The 14-year-old girl who was found sprawled on the ground floor of her flat on Thursday had sent her father a text message saying “I love you”, before jumping to her death. Amy Shahira Chin, a Form Two student who was alone at home, had sent the SMS to her father Firdaus Chin half an hour before the incident.

According to her neighbours, she was spotted walking down from her 17th floor apartment but no one saw her jump. “I felt that something wasn’t right when I got her SMS so I rushed home but it was too late,” said Firdaus, a single parent of three children, at his flat in Bukit Jambul yesterday. He said his daughter was often very quiet and depressed after her mother died in 2003.

“She doesn’t really get along with her elder brother and sister and would usually keep to herself. I believe she was suffering from depression. “She often complained about school and was under pressure because her teacher used to scold her,” he added. Amy Shahira was found lying motionless by flat dwellers at about 5.30pm that day.

State Education Director Ibrahim Mohamad was quoted in a Chinese daily as saying that the teenager had been absent from school for 75 days. “I do not think that Form Two school homework would cause her stress (for her to jump),” he said, adding that police had recorded her teacher’s statement.