• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

That SAF 9K is not a one time payment

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN want to get that full 9K literally need to wait long long

National Service Recognition Award for Singapore Citizens

The purpose of the National Service Recognition Award (NSRA) is to provide sustained recognition for Singapore citizens who serve National Service (NS).

Quantum of Award

The NSRA is a monetary award of a total of between $9,000 and $10,500 for each citizen National Serviceman by the time he completes his Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) training cycle. The award will be disbursed equally at three significant milestones during the servicemen's full-time NS and ORNS. Eligible National Servicemen will each receive $3,000 at each of the milestones. National Servicemen who are commanders (ranks of Third Sergeant and above for SAF servicemen and Sergeant and above for HomeTeam servicemen) will receive $500 more; that is $3,500, at each milestone to recognise them for their heavier responsibilities.

Eligibility Criteria

Singapore citizens who meet the eligibility criteria below for each of the milestone on or after 29 August 2010 will be eligible for the award.

The three milestones of a serviceman's NS journey are:

Milestone

(1)
Completion of full-time NS

(2)
Mid-point of Operationally Ready NS (ORNS) training cycle

(3)
Completion of ORNS training cycle

Eligibility criteria

Completion of full-time NS

Completion of 3 High-Key In-Camp Training (ICT),

or

Completion of 5 ICT (of which 2 are High-Key ICT)

whichever is earlier

Payment

The award at the first milestone will be deposited into the Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to meet full-time National Servicemen's aspirations to further their studies after they complete their NSF. The PSEA can be used for education in approved local institutions. The second and third milestone awards will be deposited into the servicemen's Central Provident Fund (CPF) accounts, and distributed to the Ordinary, Medisave and Special Accounts in the same proportions as prevailing CPF contribution rates. This will allow the servicemen to use the awards for housing, healthcare and retirement.

Summary

A summary of the National Service Recognition Award is shown below:

Table: Design of the National Service Recognition Award for Citizens

Milestone

(1)
Completion of NSF training

(2)
Mid-point of ORNS training

(3)

Quantum per serviceman

Commanders

$3,500

$3,500

$3,500

Non-Commanders

$3,000

$3,000

$3,000

Payment Mode

PSEA

CPF

CPF
National Service Award Recognition Award for Singapore Citizens

The NSRA is effective from 29 Aug 2010. National Servicemen who reach the milestones on or after this date will be eligible for the respective milestone awards. For example, full-time National Servicemen whose ORD is on or after 29 Aug 2010 will be eligible for the first milestone award. This includes those whose ORD was originally on or after 29 Aug 2010, but had been brought forward due to the fitness incentive of a two-month reduction in full-time NS duration.

The award will be paid out to eligible servicemen within two months of reaching the milestone. The first disbursement for full-time National Servicemen and NSmen will start from February 2011 onwards.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/resources/faqs/nsra.html

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who ORD before August 29, 2010 kenna BURNT by the PAPies again. Looks like the PAPies have given up hope on 'buying' this group. Their target is te younger generation who still haven't kenna BURNT by the PAPies' mindless and wavering CPF policies.

The money will not be touched. It is like PAP saying I give you air to breathe. It is there. I give it to you but you cannot touch it. :rolleyes:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the forummers here wont get a cent, but Capt GMS is eligible for and will readily accept the no2 and no3 milestone payment!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly if you can afford to pay yourselves world's top salaries, why were you paying you NS pple pathetic compensation? These poor souls not only lost their prime lives, promotion prospects to FT's for 21/2 years (these pple are cheated vs those now doing 2 years!). Worse is the SAF scholars are paid top money too which goes to show that gahmen can afford it - only want to screw the lower lives in SAF!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN! I long past this 3 milestones already since year 1999! I think I deserve 3 times the amount and to be paid immediately!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap take with one hand and give with another

9000 dollars compensation for NS, but no jobs for them, FT taken them all.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The award at the first milestone will be deposited into the Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to meet full-time National Servicemen's aspirations to further their studies after they complete their NSF. The PSEA can be used for education in approved local institutions. The second and third milestone awards will be deposited into the servicemen's Central Provident Fund (CPF) accounts, and distributed to the Ordinary, Medisave and Special Accounts in the same proportions as prevailing CPF contribution rates. This will allow the servicemen to use the awards for housing, healthcare and retirement

False hope for some, firstly no cash payment, secondly you may not get to spend the first payout if you are those "boh tak chek"?

Those Ah Beng maybe can try to go Geylang study human atonomy and try to get approval for it. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Not only is it not a one time payment, it's not even a payment.

They are simply giving you more interest on your loan to them, which if you have forgotten, the terms of repayment, amount to be repaid and interest are unilaterally determined by them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sure they won't dilly dally his payment??

I've just heard from Cpt. Goh. He's confirmed to received S$3,500 at least. Whether or not that doubles up to S$7,000 is still under dilly dally. He may or may get that, most likely can get if he got promoted to Maj. and service extended.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wa Pian!!! I thought something attractive. To get the $9000, you must served NS, not just for 2 years, but entire of your 13th cycle or up to 40 years old whichever is earlier. To add insult to injury, it is only credited into your CPF (aka HO JINX pocket money) and will never get to see in your lifetime until 3/4 of your feet is burried underground. There are always conditions, tough one, to fulfil LHL promise. To put it bluntly, a promise that never get to see daylight. Vote them out lah, and give Singaporeans a more holistic place to call home away from all these monetary bait.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a feeling that the Garment is trying to buy votes for election. Just think, upon completion of NS, the age is just right for votes.

peterpan707

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a feeling that the Garment is trying to buy votes for election. Just think, upon completion of NS, the age is just right for votes.

Forget to buy more got the rights to vote. Can afford not to make these ppl happy. Very brave or cannot see .
c'mmon need to make yr relevant.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPee dogs getting desperate liao. Can see all sort of pattern come out before election.

Marlboro Tan step in to cool down the ridiculous property prices.

Backside general give NSlaves $9k (but inside the somewhat useless can see but cannot touch CPeeF)

Ass Loong once again giving beautiful speech on importance of Sillyporeans over foreign trash.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U call this vote buying??

I call this pissing off the voters. Majority of voters probably like me, either complete liao or halfway through :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP gahment confirm a point to me today! Past contribution is like a piece of tissue paper, used already they will not recognize your effort...

Fuck you lah!