• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Channel U or Channel 8 says Prudential and Aviva in trouble. Anybody can verify?

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday (or Sat), Channel U (or is it Channel 8?) aired a chinese program whereby the commentator was definitely trying to hint that Prudential and Aviva will face financial pressure and in the program, it showed an ang moh saying that since the banks are facing financial crisis now, then it is not impossible for this to affect the insurance companies too. The commentator brought the example of AIG as a pivot point in pushing for this argument.

The Prudential and Aviva company logos were also flashed clearly on the program.

It would be irresponsible for the program to air such sentiments if it has not also secure interviews with Prudential and Aviva's CEOs to give their side of the story. To instill fear on national TV is very unbecoming. The program should be professional and substantiate its findings and not use an ang moh to give its reporting more credibility.

For a fair and impartial reporting, it should have also solicit statements from Prudential and Aviva. By saying that Prudential and Aviva had lost 30% (or some serious negative percentage) of its share value will only cause panic to the general public and this is very irresponsible media coverage on national TV.

I hope the necessary authority and the two insurance companies will come forward to explain the truth of the insurance financial situation.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Channel U or Channel 8 says Prudential and Aviva in trouble. Anybody can verify?

what is there to verify

if someone says Prudential and Aviva are not in trouble then somebody must verify

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal

what is there to verify

if someone says Prudential and Aviva are not in trouble then somebody must verify

So, Prudential and Aviva are in trouble and it is true then?

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just spoke to one of the Financial Services Director of Prudential PLC and this is said to me. Prudential is sound. Our insurance policies are safe.

Now, look at this. Prudential plc traded at the LSE (London Stock Exchange) had
plummeted -67% or more since Nov 2007 till now.

Percentage Change Prudential share price

prudential

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="450"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="450"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">* This chart measures percentage change in the share prices of the Share Comparators and Prudential over a period of time. The right hand axis only refers to the Prudential share price.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end of chart --> </td> <td valign="top" width="*"> <!-- start of checkboxes --><!-- end of checkboxes -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

For a fairer analysis, let's based it on Oct 2006 till now, which means a 2 year span.
Honestly, Prudential share prices had dropped 48%, which is not so positive, to say the least.

Percentage Change Prudential share price

prudential

Source:
http://www.prudential.co.uk/prudential-plc/investors/shareinformation/lseprice/charts/

So, be my guest. In another thread, I will lay out the ambiguity that MAS has been adopting and it speaks volumes about the lack of conviction MAS has in informing the public about its efforts to protect our financial investments. Refer to another thread which I will be posting about MAS.

Extramask

Alfrescian
Loyal
@javamocca,

with refererence to your statement:

"I hope the necessary authority and the two insurance companies will come forward to explain the truth of the insurance financial situation."

Do you, seriously, i mean seriously, expect any truth to be reported in the local media?

I mean, if XYZ company comes forth and say, "We're financially sound and have no problems whatsover.", do we all go, "Oh....I'm so relieved to hear that. Now let me get back to work." ?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u wan know a papaya is sweet or not, u go n ask a papaya seller?:confused:

ignore me if u tink wat toking u.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u don't need to be an economics genuis to know that things are turning real bad...just look around you...and see the inferno spreading uncontrolled...you protect your family and protect your loved ones...do the necessary things.....minimise your exposure...and gear for the worst which is yet to be...don't be fooled by the lull...it's just the beginning of something more catastrophic...just look at australia the lucky country which suddenly becomes so unlucky...take a cue from down under...and ready yourself for the worst scenario in your life....be prepared!

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good show! That is the right attitude that some monikers here need to learn from you, moniker theblackhole! It is now a global problem and the word "bad" may not relfect the phrase "worse to come"