• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Empty YOG seats on TV

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who want to see just how poor the YOG attendance is, go watch YOG 1, YOG 2 and YOG 3 on Starhub. It would appear that there are only 100 to 200 people at most watching the event.

And this on a Sunday, the first day of the games ...

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who want to see just how poor the YOG attendance is, go watch YOG 1, YOG 2 and YOG 3 on Starhub. It would appear that there are only 100 to 200 people at most watching the event.

Normally i would agreed with u but this is 7th month....look closely it's full house :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many are at home, tired after watching Arsenal humtum their oppositions 6-0, many have their weekends romp...& many tired doing ' my hump, my hump'...only the lonely go watch the YOG & those who had agreed to VOLUNTEER...

:wink:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many are at home, tired after watching Arsenal humtum their oppositions 6-0, many have their weekends romp...& many tired doing ' my hump, my hump'...only the lonely go watch the YOG & those who had agreed to VOLUNTEER...

:wink:

While I like Arsenal too, 6-0 against Liverpool a bit hard lah ....
Which bird or octopus tell you one?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
got picture or nt..

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see some people leh.. the swimming event is packed with school children :smile:

Attachments

• Yog1_dunno_what_event.jpg
    Yog1_dunno_what_event.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Yog2_weight_lifting.jpg
    Yog2_weight_lifting.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Yog3_swimming.jpg
    Yog3_swimming.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 138

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor student kena force to attend YOG match. Some of them still wearing school uniform and face really sad like compulsary need to go need to mark attendant.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah... you can swim 50m in 32 sec meh?

that's this morning heats timing for breaststroke.... for girls.

:biggrin:

I can't my timing is 40sec ++ below 45sec.
I mean school competition mean no class. Worst than Asean Game. Anyone watch Asean game?

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal

the program guide/schedule is like ROJAK... guide saying Taekwondo, but it is showing Badminton.

We dont know is it "live" or recorded :confused:
And poor commentary, english one piece one piece, 3 words in a sentence,....

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Badminton YOG on TV

I watching Badminton on YOG.

Is this guy HUANG CHAO a FT from china ?

by the name and looks... quite sure he must be a ah tiong.

Why dont change name to a more local name ?
HUANG = NG

maybe Richard NG :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Badminton YOG on TV

I watching Badminton on YOG.

Is this guy HUANG CHAO a FT from china ?

by the name and looks... quite sure he must be a ah tiong.

Why dont change name to a more local name ?
HUANG = NG

maybe Richard NG :biggrin:

PRC standardised HYPY system is better. The messy dialect systems are confusing. For example, Richard Ng, that Ng is Wu 吴 as in Hong Kong Cantonese. Ng is Huang 黄 as in Singapore Hokkien/Teochew but Wong in Cantonese. Teo can also be Zhang 张 or Zhao 赵。

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRC standardised HYPY system is better. The messy dialect systems are confusing. For example, Richard Ng, that Ng is Wu 吴 as in Hong Kong Cantonese. Ng is Huang 黄 as in Singapore Hokkien/Teochew but Wong in Cantonese. Teo can also be Zhang 张 or Zhao 赵。

You don't talk cock lah. Hanyu Pinyin also got names like Li which can mean 李 or 黎, Zhang which can mean 张 or 章, Wu which can mean 吴 or 伍 or 巫. There is even Lu which can mean 陆, 鲁 or even 吕.

The issue is that writing Chinese characters in romanised forms will give rise to ambiguity. Unless you put in extra information like tones and sometimes, even that is still not enough. It has nothing to do with dialects vs Mandarin. Btw, Mandarin was evolved from Old and Middle Chinese which some of the dialects belong to.

The only good thing with using Hanyu Pinyin is because everyone is forced to use one dialect, Mandarin, instead of allowing people to use many dialects which will give rise to more confusion. If everyone is restricted to using either only Hokkien or only Cantonese, the list of ambiguities would be similar to using Hanyu Pinyin.

I am not against using Hanyu Pinyin, I am just disgusted with you trying to act like you know everything by saying using Hanyu Pinyin is less confusing than using multiple dialects. Of course it is, how can it not be when it is just one dialect?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not against using Hanyu Pinyin, I am just disgusted with you trying to act like you know everything by saying using Hanyu Pinyin is less confusing than using multiple dialects. Of course it is, how can it not be when it is just one dialect?

I've never professed to know everything and I don't know where you and some others get that idea from. I'm just discussing an opinion.

Of course, Romanization even with tone marks can't fully distinguish different Chinese with all the homonyms. Same case as in Japanese, even at a worse position since they're monotone. However, standardising in one set of Romanisation system (i.e. HYPY) instead of adding complication to confusion is a good way to start with.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't talk cock lah.

I am just disgusted with you trying to act like you know everything by saying using Hanyu Pinyin is less confusing than using multiple dialects. Of course it is, how can it not be when it is just one dialect?

Wah 1 more nuke missile whacking on the hide of ramseth. Don't worry whack all you can his skin super duper thick one and can even whack you back. :eek:

Did you see his response to you.