• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Robbed at East Coast Park - broad daylight - Yesterday, 02:26 PM

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=31755

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something needs to be done.

My wife was assaulted and robbed this afternoon at East Coast Park.

In an uncrowded area of Area A, she was approached by an Indian man on a bicycle, who threatened her with physical violence and then hit her and held her wrist while tearing the earphones of her iPod and pocketing the device.

He then threatened my wife again, saying not to call the police or he would find her and deliver retribution before riding off on his bicycle.

My wife then went to a rollerblade shop and called the police; who when they arrived were most unhelpful, saying walkers should not go to Area A as it is secluded and too much trouble to patrol.

Hello? Aren't the police the guarantors of public safety? If it is so dangerous in Area A, why is it open to the public?

Many shop patrons said they avoided rollerblading in Area A as it is frequented by the many, many idle Indian men who spend their days in the Park - doing what?

Robbing Singaporeans and Permanent Residents?

Instead of avoiding responsibility perhaps the police could get off their lazy bottoms and do a sweep of East Coast Park, ridding this popular recreational area of these thieves and the menace of robbery and assault by unemployed overstayers before someone gets killed for their jewelry, phone, or iPod.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=31755

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something needs to be done.

Hello? Aren't the police the guarantors of public safety? If it is so dangerous in Area A, why is it open to the public?

Very simple, just get some opposition members, or Dr Chee himself, to hold a speech there. You will get a truck load of special forces surrounding that Area A immediately.

Last edited:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xI-Z7Ksp4l8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xI-Z7Ksp4l8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

wahlaneh...
thats a slamming kick lah.:biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
How would you think that as reported, crimes rates were down ?

Better and more secured environment ?
Really lesser crimes due to no poor people ?

Nah.......as long as no crime reports filed, statics remained low, there is lower crimes.....according to the police. Want to report lower crime rates and hence higher bonus ? Just do not open any report.

Recall when MSK limped out of town and police combed the 'forest' ? Many illegals were flushed out which the police were caught off-guard !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very simple, just get some opposition members, or Dr Chee himself, to hold a speech there. You will get a truck load of special forces surrounding that Area A immediately.

or Uncle Yap or maybe GMS selling his newsletter....the woman, don't know the magic word...ha ha ha

Is Area A same as District 9 or area 52?....home of ailens??

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Colored people sinisterly threatening revenge, retribution and using equally dark and equally hideous creatures (ie snakes, lizards) to scare people off are at least a bit more convincing than chinks trying the same.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
why never ask the men in blue to give you a safety guide on area of high risk (geylang?)and those that are safe (Istana and police stations ) ? The fort is crumbling....

G

General Veers

Hey stupid ugly FTrash dog DearestGodlikeWarlord!

You got assed by the OA while you are replying to this thread. LOL... Yes i assed you first while you were typing away. :biggrin:

Your two other clones SamuelStalin and StonebridgeLeaner is banned so got to use the last. :biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
thats a slamming kick lah.:biggrin:

Oh pleassseeee! Don't give me that TKD crap! Ask those 2 monkeys to try doing that in a real fight and see what happens to them! The TKD Federation should make every effort to impress upon it's learners that TKD is just a sport and to avoid using those fancy kicks and moves in a real fight as it would be fatal and disastrous for them! If they're faced with a skilled opponent in Sanshou or MMA, they would end up with a picha balls and fractured or broken limbs, or even dead! So dun play play! :mad:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh pleassseeee! Don't give me that TKD crap! Ask those 2 monkeys to try doing that in a real fight and see what happens to them! The TKD Federation should make every effort to impress upon it's learners that TKD is just a sport and to avoid using those fancy kicks and moves in a real fight as it would be fatal and disastrous for them! If they're faced with a skilled opponent in Sanshou or MMA, they would end up with a picha balls and fractured or broken limbs, or even dead! So dun play play! :mad:

Even in Krav Maga, we do not advocate those fancy high kicks as they are just begging to invite more trouble than its worth. Why take such a long time to hit the head when you can do a short/sharp one to the groin? And you are right, TKD in Singapore is just a sport as the syllabus here is mainly based on WTF for sport and competition purposes. The original TKD instructors that taught here nong nong time balik to korea orredi :biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in Krav Maga, we do not advocate those fancy high kicks as they are just begging to invite more trouble than its worth. Why take such a long time to hit the head when you can do a short/sharp one to the groin? And you are right, TKD in Singapore is just a sport as the syllabus here is mainly based on WTF for sport and competition purposes. The original TKD instructors that taught here nong nong time balik to korea orredi :biggrin:

So, bro, you're into KM eh? Cool and effective fighting art. No wasted fancy moves. Bring down an oppenent in less than 5 secs. But I'm always confused by the terminology. What's the difference between Krav Maga, Commando Krav Maga and Kapap?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So, bro, you're into KM eh? Cool and effective fighting art. No wasted fancy moves. Bring down an oppenent in less than 5 secs. But I'm always confused by the terminology. What's the difference between Krav Maga, Commando Krav Maga and Kapap?

Krav Maga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga

Commando Krav Maga - the guy claims a lot of thing, former special forces in Israel blah blah blah, can make you an instructor in 3 days, IDF rubbished his claims so now he recanted a lot of his former resume

Kapap is basically unarmed combat that was taught to the IDF in their early days before they switch to KM in 2000.

Each has its own merits but the techniques taught here are more for self defense and then transit to offense since the syllabus is for civillian (vs. military, law enforcement) but one good thing abt the instructor for krav maga
is that he teach everything and don't hold back.

www.kravmaga.com.sg

BTW, i am not Sascha Soliano, i still have my hair and i pay for the lessons :biggrin:

Two of my friends also went down with me, one is not so committed, while one straight away sign up for 10 lessons after lesson 1 despite his arms being bruised :eek:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Damn heng de wife neber kena molest or rape or kill...there are few rape n kill case unsloved...most likely de work of ft...dun worry 100k more cuming...get use to it lah...:wink::biggrin: