• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Present Singapore is a politically and economically unstable tiny country !

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal

The sudden no-retirement age in Singapore is not a new idea .
In fact, most local workers will not have enough money to retire after paying HDB loan !
CPF will continue to fail more young locals in the future, and the scary thing is HDB flats may not worth anything by the time the loan is repaid !

Think about it, just a causeway away, one detached house may only worth 300k ringgits!

How the older workers can keep their jobs as long as they can will be another big problem,

The oldest one is going to stay put. What he knows inside singapore we may not know, and the reason he stays may be the intense fear others are experiencing elsewhere in the world ! !
Singapore has a so-called PM and if he cannot put forward good policies for the people, of the people, he already has failed badly ! FTs are just passing clouds, if they can quit their homeland , they will leave singapore when they think fit !

If the economy is so good, it is a mystery that salaries of locals cannot be adjusted accordingly !

Housing is another big issue, More FTs are hailed to sustain the property price . The local buyers suffer the most because of this fairy-tale economy !

Tiny island with artificial big population has put a big strain on the no-resource island ….this is another big trouble brewing !
Mah Bow Tan can build 100k flats per year but they are still not enough for the coming years if PAP must stay in power !

PAP people has linked NDP and YOG to PAP kingdom . The propaganda machinery is so huge that only the divine can intervene to cause some damage !

Well, if NDP and YOG can SNOW the ignorant voters to vote for PAP, then the destiny for Singapore is doomed ! Indeed tragic ! The madness and mass stupidity at the NDP will be overwhelming !

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retirement is a personal choice, for those who own their own business, professional who's experience in the field is relevant and highly in demand, for those who are financially well off. For this group, they can choose to work for fun, to pass time and to keep their mind alert.

Another group will be the old uncle and auntie working in food court, MacDonald, hawker center, security guard etc... They have no choice, either work or starve.

This is the group that need help, so old fart is very irresponsible to open his mouth because he sign his own pay cheque using my Tax money, of all the old people in Singapore, he is the least qualified to comment on retirement.

The sudden no-retirement age in Singapore is not a new idea .
In fact, most local workers will not have enough money to retire after paying HDB loan !
CPF will continue to fail more young locals in the future, and the scary thing is HDB flats may not worth anything by the time the loan is repaid !

Think about it, just a causeway away, one detached house may only worth 300k ringgits!

How the older workers can keep their jobs as long as they can will be another big problem,

The oldest one is going to stay put. What he knows inside singapore we may not know, and the reason he stays may be the intense fear others are experiencing elsewhere in the world ! !
Singapore has a so-called PM and if he cannot put forward good policies for the people, of the people, he already has failed badly ! FTs are just passing clouds, if they can quit their homeland , they will leave singapore when they think fit !

If the economy is so good, it is a mystery that salaries of locals cannot be adjusted accordingly !

Housing is another big issue, More FTs are hailed to sustain the property price . The local buyers suffer the most because of this fairy-tale economy !

Tiny island with artificial big population has put a big strain on the no-resource island ….this is another big trouble brewing !
Mah Bow Tan can build 100k flats per year but they are still not enough for the coming years if PAP must stay in power !

PAP people has linked NDP and YOG to PAP kingdom . The propaganda machinery is so huge that only the divine can intervene to cause some damage !

Well, if NDP and YOG can SNOW the ignorant voters to vote for PAP, then the destiny for Singapore is doomed ! Indeed tragic ! The madness and mass stupidity at the NDP will be overwhelming !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retirement is a personal choice, for those who own their own business, professional who's experience in the field is relevant and highly in demand, for those who are financially well off. For this group, they can choose to work for fun, to pass time and to keep their mind alert.

Another group will be the old uncle and auntie working in food court, MacDonald, hawker center, security guard etc... They have no choice, either work or starve.

This is the group that need help, so old fart is very irresponsible to open his mouth because he sign his own pay cheque using my Tax money, of all the old people in Singapore, he is the least qualified to comment on retirement.

I know someone who fits into what you have described, worked hard his life, retired, financially well off...can choose what he wants to do...he worked hard for it, so it is his choice of what he is doing..

The problem is, wether we voted for PAP or the oppositions, we pay taxes in many forms & contribute to the old fart pay cheque; trouble is, 66.6% don't care or don't mind or do not have the choice. Then again, many in the balance who did not vote don't mind either.:mad:

You can not say he sign his own cheque...he will retort and say, his son sign the cheque...

I am sure his comment on working as long as one can, is to justify paying for all the, 'long expired' old nuggets still working in the government...

Other than that, the lesser mortals like us, when we reach 30, our 'nuggets' already expired...and it will be charity case, they still employ us past 40 to 60, past 70 to 86 it is on request from the SPCA ( Society for Prevention to Cruelty to Animals)..

Go out & find, how many lesser mortal who is 86 & is still happily employed....

How to work beyond retirement age, when many having to fight with the FT's for jobs at 30..RETIRED!:o

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is the Singapore govt under a one party govt (PAP) is really a ONE MAN BAND. LKY is working the cymbals, drum, harmonica etc himself. The rest of the members are for show only "Puppets".

Fully dependent on a one man band govt (PAP) is like depending solely on a single Parachute when skydiving with no reserve or emergency chute as backup.

With an alternate party in opposition with a shadow cabinet, it would at least serve as the back up emergency chute (not as good as the main chute but at least still a life saver).

The PAP govt has done a tremendous DIS-SERVICE to S'poreans by going all out to snuffing out a viable opposition and NOT teaching voters to learn HOW a fully developed Westminster Parliamentary System would benefit a country. Imagine a sky diving instructor purposely taking away the reserve chute of his student leaving only the main chute only as the best system!

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
A plane was about to crash and the last 3 people on board were a priest, a schoolboy and an SG ministar. There were only 2 parachutes left.
The SG ministar said defiantly "I'm super-talented and indispensable. The country can't do without me." He put one of the parachutes on his back and jumped.
The priest told the schoolboy "I have led a full life, while you have your life ahead of you. Take the remaining parachute and jump."
The schoolboy giggled and replied "Don't worry sir, the indispensable one took my knapsack."

You have all heard this joke before, but it's even more funny when put into this context. :smile:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old fart already confess, In his own words :
"You ask me to stop working, all of a sudden, I think I'd just shrivel up, face the wall and that's that" Or in another word, up the lorry soon.

SO he is not working because he love Singapore and all that crap, he is doing it because he want to delay his up lorry. And at the same time take a few millions here and there for his "Time and Service"

I know someone who fits into what you have described, worked hard his life, retired, financially well off...can choose what he wants to do...he worked hard for it, so it is his choice of what he is doing..

The problem is, wether we voted for PAP or the oppositions, we pay taxes in many forms & contribute to the old fart pay cheque; trouble is, 66.6% don't care or don't mind or do not have the choice. Then again, many in the balance who did not vote don't mind either.:mad:

You can not say he sign his own cheque...he will retort and say, his son sign the cheque...

I am sure his comment on working as long as one can, is to justify paying for all the, 'long expired' old nuggets still working in the government...

Other than that, the lesser mortals like us, when we reach 30, our 'nuggets' already expired...and it will be charity case, they still employ us past 40 to 60, past 70 to 86 it is on request from the SPCA ( Society for Prevention to Cruelty to Animals)..

Go out & find, how many lesser mortal who is 86 & is still happily employed....

How to work beyond retirement age, when many having to fight with the FT's for jobs at 30..RETIRED!:o