• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4-year-old getai star

S

SgHR

4-year-old getai star

SHE is only four years old but her asking price is already $50 for just 20 minutes.

She is Cody Lim, Singapore's youngest getai performer to date.

The New Paper reported that the Nursery 2 girl has won over fans with her emotive intepretation of Hokkien songs which she memorises but does not understand.

'I just love going on stage to sing. I want to be a superstar kid,' Cody said in fluent English.

Her natural showmanship has attracted bookings for roadshows, charity shows and even corporate dinner-and-dance events.

Cody's talents were discovered when she followed her aunt, Madam Jenny Tan, to a karaoke session. Madam Tan found the girl singing along with the adults.

'Her diction was clear and she pulled off the high and low notes easily,' said Mdm Tan.

Cody's mother Caline Lee said she was apprehensive at first and did not set out to groom Cody into a performer saying 'it's just something she enjoys'.

While Cody has fans, there are also parents who felt that the getai setting is inappropriate for a young girl.

Mrs Goh Hwee Hwee, 36, said, 'Getais are definitely not the place for a 4-year-old.'

The public relations manager, who has 6-year-old twin girls added, 'it does not help that getai (banter) has always been associated with sex and sleaze.'

Logistics manager Christopher Ang, 49, also felt that the getai circuit 'reeks of sleazy banter'.

The father of a teenage son and a 10-year-old daughter said, 'Whether its just a misconception or otherwise, you still can't deny that the audience are mainly men.

'I don't think I'd want to subject my daughter to such lecherous ogling.'

Other parents The New Paper spoke to felt that child performers tend to lose their innocence and mature too quickly when thrust into the spotlight.

They are also worried that the child may end up picking up the wrong values.

ccl69

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see no point in grooming my children for this purpose...if they choose this profession later in their life..i have no comment...but as a parent we should focus to giving them a complete education and possible discovering their talents in other areas like singing or music. But not to exploit them in getai....this is very SAD.:mad:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
4-year-old getai star
QUOTE]

You get this when you send your kid to be raised by well meaning relative or friend. They have a hard time distinguishing between a child and pet.

Most parents generally inculcate values and tend to take a corrective stand when errors are made. Guardians on the hand tend not to check or correct the child to avoid offending the parents. They either neglect the child or go overboard in treating the child. Gransparents have the same problem of spoiling their grandchild.