• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10-year-old school dropout works as car mechanic

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="560"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="350">
20100722.164524_mechanic1.jpg
</td> <td width="5">
blank.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="200"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td height="81">
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="content_subtitle" align="left">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15">
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3"> <!-- TITLE : start -->
10-year-old school dropout works as car mechanic <!-- TITLE : end-->
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" height="15">
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="bodytext_10pt"> <!-- CONTENT : start -->10-year-old Wang Wei looks and behaves like any other normal child, save for a unique hobby. He is an auto mechanic in his free time and says he has been helping out at his uncle's auto-repair shop since he was five or six.

No taller than one metre in height, it is a wonder how this Guizhou native in China manages to handle cars that are several times his size and weight. A Chinese netizen came across the boy when he went to an auto repair shop to fix his car. There, he saw Wang, bare-chested, adding grease to a large vehicle.

Intrigued, the netizen struck up a conversation with the little wonder. "You can dismount and repair tires?", asked the netizen in disbelief. "Why can't I? Are you underestimating me? Of course I can! I've been coming to the auto repair shop often since four to five years ago.

I've learned how just by watching," retorted Wang. Wang then took at a look at the netizen's vehicle. As the netizen watched, he saw Wang hoist a tire about half his height onto a table to examine it, before diagnosing the problem to be a wooden screw that had been lodged in the tire.

"He was methodical, orderly, and very familiar with using the modern tools", the netizen wrote in an online blog. However, the boy explained that he is not a victim of child labour, as he does not get paid at his uncle's shop. To him, fixing cars is purely just 'a hobby'.

Rejected by school

According to Wang, he wanted to continue his education, but his teacher refused to allow him to register for the next year because of his poor grades. He told the netizen: "Although my grades are not good, I am not naughty, and I observe the rules." I don't know why, but the teacher put me at the back of the classroom.

I am short, and the classmates seated in front of me are all taller than me, so I can't see the blackboard and I can't see the teacher, so of course my grades got worse," he said. However, Wang still has hopes of continuing his education. He plans to find a school to register in for the next school year, but says, "Only thing is, I don't know which school will accept me."

</td></tr></tbody></table>

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

pic1.jpg

The boy adding grease to a large vehicle.

pic2.jpg

The lug nut he loosened.

pic3.jpg

He was a skilled child tire repairman.

pic4.jpg

He studied at Bijie 16 Primary School, and finished sixth grade last school year but when he went to register for the next school year,
the teacher said his grades were not good, and would not let him register.

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

pic5.jpg

“Although my grades are not good, I am not naughty, and am disciplined/observe the rules. However, I too don’t know why, but the teacher still puts me in the last row [of the classroom]. I am short/small, and the classmates in front of me are all taller than me, so I can’t see the blackboard, can’t see the teacher, so of course my grades will become even worse.”

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

It turns out that this tire repair shop is owned by his uncle, and the main technician is this older brother wearing the yellow shirt. Little Wang Wei said, him working here is not because someone hired him to be child labor, that he doesn’t get paid, so him fixing cars is completely something he does as a “hobby”.

pic8.jpg

So does he plan to rely this, fixing cars, to make his living in the future? He said he hasn’t thought about this question, but, he wants to go to school, and next school year, he wants to find a school to attend. “Only thing is I don’t know is will the school want/accept me?”