• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singaporeans expected to seek help for clinical depression, anxiety

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The global economy is in a crisis, and psychiatrists say they expect to see more Singaporeans seeking help for clinical depression and anxiety.

Psychiatrists say many people sought such treatment during the Asian Financial crisis, SARS epidemic and after the September 11 attacks in the US.

And it would be no different this time round.

They say men are more likely to face psychological pressures, which they try to overcome by drinking, overworking or self—medicating with sleeping pills — thereby worsening the situation.

Many also fear job loss, failed investments and lower property values.

Those suffering from depression or anxiety will be perpetually in low moods and losing sleep, appetite and weight.

Dr Yeo Seem Huat, a psychiatrist, said: "This crisis will affect different levels of people — from housewives to workers to directors of companies. So I think, compared to SARS, September 11, this one is more intense, is more serious."

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The global economy is in a crisis, and psychiatrists say they expect to see more Singaporeans seeking help for clinical depression and anxiety.

Many also fear job loss, failed investments and lower property values.

what happens the psychiatrist you are seeking also happen to have this anxiety problems?

i mean psychiatrists also have jobs, investments and property right? LOL...

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
i mean psychiatrists also have jobs, investments and property right? LOL...

But at least they are not without a job/income. Putting aside their loss in investment (if any), with more patients seeking their help, its a blessing in disguise for our Mr Psychiatrist.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
But at least they are not without a job/income. Putting aside their loss in investment (if any), with more patients seeking their help, its a blessing in disguise for our Mr Psychiatrist.

only if you have job, you will fear losing your job.

if you don't, you have other fears...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this type of stupid and silly report always makes more people go mad! knn! at this time of great depression, mad doctors still want to make more people who have lost so much.knn!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this type of stupid and silly report always makes more people go mad! knn! at this time of great depression, mad doctors still want to make more people who have lost so much.knn!

isn't CSJ a PHD In Physcology?

Let's help his party by inviting him for a Lim Kopi!

LOL...

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Times like these sinkie National Slaves can call SAF Tollfree Hotline 1800-2780022.
--------------------------------------------
NSlave: hello i have a problem.... i am stressed ....

Counsellor: rank, name and IC lumber!

NSlave: i ROD 15 years ago.... FT taking my job soon and all my savings tio tiao in china shares....

Counsellor: rank, name and IC lumber!