• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elite kids has big advantage over ordinary sinkie kids!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teachers' books available online

MY CHILD asked me to buy him a copy of the teachers' editions of his maths, science and English textbooks, so he could copy the answers contained within.

When I refused, he told me that a number of his classmates had done the same - purchased from some overseas websites - and were gaining an unfair advantage over him in school.

I checked and came across a few websites openly selling the teachers' editions, CDs and resources of a number of textbooks used in schools here. These resources are printed by local publishers.

I called the publishers and asked how I could order the teachers' materials. But they told me that the Ministry of Education forbids their sale to the public in Singapore, and denied knowledge of how the websites got hold of their supply.

I hope the authorities will step up enforcement on the sale of such resources, whether here or overseas, to ensure a level playing field for all students.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC100623-0000044/Teachers-books-available-online

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal

MY CHILD asked me to buy him a copy of the teachers' editions of his maths, science and English textbooks, so he could copy the answers contained within.

When I refused, he told me that a number of his classmates had done the same - purchased from some overseas websites - and were gaining an unfair advantage over him in school.

I checked and came across a few websites openly selling the teachers' editions, CDs and resources of a number of textbooks used in schools here. These resources are printed by local publishers.

I called the publishers and asked how I could order the teachers' materials. But they told me that the Ministry of Education forbids their sale to the public in Singapore, and denied knowledge of how the websites got hold of their supply.

I hope the authorities will step up enforcement on the sale of such resources, whether here or overseas, to ensure a level playing field for all students.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC100623-0000044/Teachers-books-available-online

That's what I call the kiasu syndrome. "Afraid to fail" It is better to fail in school than to be a failure in life. That's my humble opinion.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why can't he order online from these overseas websites instead of sabotaging everybody?

Now he wants to get the publishers into trouble too, just because he can't/don't know how to get like others do.

He can also ask the other people how to do it.

Really boliao.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
HOw to step up enforcement. What the fuck? This guy is damn fucking boliao. What is so unfair about having teacher's edition? It just means having the answers. Idiots

AndroAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid kids with short-sighted vision. What are they going to do when they reach university? Buy the "professor's version" of the textbook and exam papers!?! LOL!!!

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, of course lah, the more elite and wealthy you are the more you can spend on your child. Not just text book, later they send child to top boarding schools, universities, etc

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This idiot needs to realise there is no levelplaying field in life. Women do NS, men don't. Govt. help FT but don't help sinkies, etc. The sooner his child realises this fact, the better for him.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the system "education oriented" or "exam oriented?"

Answer that. Then ask if you want to conform.

Cheers!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is:

Sinkie teachers can't be bothered to publish their own books. Or, they have no ability to write their own textbooks.

If you have a local market, then you don't have this stupid situation

Dumb sinkie parent who doesn't understand anything and just want Govt enforcement on everything. We should exile this family to JB! :biggrin: