• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie says Portly people are Jaundiced

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jaundice:
verb, a state of feeling in which views are prejudiced or judgment is distorted, as by envy or resentment. yellow discoloration of the skin, whites of the eyes,
Portly:
rather heavy or fat; stout; corpulent.

Not a matter to be taken lightly
Why discriminate against obesity in particular?
Letter from Goh Kian Huat 05:55 AM Jun 22, 2010

I REFER to the report "Hospital staff must walk the talk" (Weekend Today, June 19-20).

I am shocked to read that Alexandra Hospital and Khoo Teck Puat Hospital will not promote its employees who are grossly obese on the grounds that they could not be a role model for their patients. I think that this is a discriminatory policy and is unfair to existing employees who are overweight.

Having weight as a criterion for promotion will discourage people who are obese to join the healthcare profession.

What about hospital staff who may have other indiscernible health conditions, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol, resulting from an unhealthy lifestyle? Why discriminate based on weight?

The hospitals should recognise that hospital staff are human beings, too, and they are subject to various health issues. Should Mr Khaw Boon Wan, who has high cholesterol and a heart problem, still be Health Minister? The hospitals' decision is unfair.

Practising what is preached
LETTER FROM JEFFREY LAW LEE BENG
I wish the hospitals' stand were adopted in more aspects of our daily lives, be it in the workplace, home or school.

A supermarket manager who does not smile or greet anyone cannot expect his subordinates to be cheery and courteous to customers. Dentists should not have uneven, stained teeth.

The chances of a teenager picking up smoking is greater if his or her family members are smokers, too.

The school is where our youths spend most of their formative years, so teachers must practise what they teach.

Therefore, healthcare staff should indeed be held to higher standards. The hospitals are on the right track.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC100622-0000052/Not-a-matter-to-be-taken-lightly