• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI below 2,000 on Friday

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

STI to fall below 2,000. I have been warning for over a year since the old forum. Don't fight the trend.

Downgrade and join me. To all those who have abused me, I forgive you. I know you are in pain.

The sun still rises and sets. We can still eat tapioca.

Don't be a pussy. Be a man.

AP report begins here.......

Dow plunges more than 678 to fall below 9,000
By TIM PARADIS, AP Business Writer

Stocks plunged in the final minutes of trading Thursday, sending the Dow Jones industrials down more than 675 points, or more than 7 percent, to their lowest level in five years after a major credit ratings agency said it was considering cutting its rating on General Motors Corp. The Standard & Poor's 500 index also fell more than 7 percent.

The sell-off came as Standard & Poor's Ratings Services put GM and its finance affiliate GMAC LLC under review to see if its rating should be cut. GM has been struggling with weak car sales in North America.

The action means there is a 50 percent chance that S&P will lower GM's and GMAC's ratings in the next three months.

S&P also put Ford Motor Co. on credit watch negative. The ratings agency said that GM and Ford have adequate liquidity now, but that could change in 2009.

GM led the Dow lower, falling 31 percent, while Ford fell 58 cents, or 22 percent, to $2.08.

"The story is getting to be like that movie Groundhog Day," said Arthur Hogan, chief market analyst at Jefferies & Co. He pointed to the still-frozen credit markets, and Libor, the bank-to-bank lending rate that remains stubbornly high despite the Fed's recent rate cut.

"Until that starts coming down, you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone getting excited about stocks," Hogan said. "Everything we're seeing his historic. The problem is historic, the solutions are historic, and unfortunately, the sell-off is historic. It's not the kind of history you want to be making."

According to preliminary calculations, the Dow fell 678.91, or 7.3 percent, to 8,579.19. The blue chips hadn't fallen below the 9,000 level since Aug. 6, 2003.

Broader stock indicators also tumbled. The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 75.02, or 7.6 percent, to 909.92, while the Nasdaq composite index fell 95.21, or 5.47 percent, to 1,645.12.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iArJm9gBvg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iArJm9gBvg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IWcNiebYGuo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IWcNiebYGuo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
ho say liao ! Ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Financial shares remained in focus. JPMorgan Chase fell 6.7 percent to 36.68 dollars and Bank of America slid 11.2 percent to 19.63 dollars.

Wachovia slid 28.6 percent to 3.60 dollars a day after the two suitors for the troubled bank agreed to extend negotiations. Citigroup lost 10.2 percent to 12.93 dollars and Wells Fargo tumbled 14.5 percent to 27.75.

General Motors tumbled 31 percent to 4.76 dollars after Standard & Poor's raised questions about the auto giant's liquidity. Ford plummeted 21.8 percent to 2.08 dollars.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
i shorted like mad towards the close today ...whahahahahah HUAT AH HUAT HUAT HUAT, covered arnd 8900 haha still drop arnother 100 HAHAHAHAHAHAH