• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sg Power is the BIGGEST CHEAT!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>More realistic benchmark needed for electricity prices
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the article "Queries on your power bills answered" last Saturday. The Energy Market Authority's reply to the question on why electricity prices are pegged to oil prices rather than gas prices, as 80 per cent of our electricity is powered by natural gas, seems to deviate from the question. According to their reply, it is because Asia does not have a benchmark for gas prices, so electricity prices are pegged to oil prices.
What's the point of Singapore Power clinching a good long-term deal for gas supply from neighbouring countries when it is not shared with the consumers?
I am sure something can be done to provide a more realistic benchmark for natural gas rather than pegging it to oil prices. Hazman Jamil

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>
More realistic benchmark needed for electricity prices

</TR></TBODY></TABLE>
............it is because Asia does not have a benchmark for gas prices, so electricity prices are pegged to oil prices.
I am sure something can be done to provide a more realistic benchmark for natural gas rather than pegging it to oil prices. Hazman Jamil
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They even benchmarked beyond current oil prices let alone gas price. At their mercy and they will be merciless.:mad:

Cheers.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gas cheap so what? Look at CNG prices! up north is 70cents ringgit per kilo SINGAPORE nerly $1.6!

Monoplolistic! plus 3.4 rule all protectionistic styles of protecting the rich ripping the poor

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gas cheap so what? Look at CNG prices! up north is 70cents ringgit per kilo SINGAPORE nearly $1.6!

Monopolistic! plus 3.4 rule all protectionist styles of protecting the rich ripping the poor

High till Dry

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday i was at geylang and so many flats and shops had blackout. this is 1st world singapore lei. increased price also like that :(

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the article "Queries on your power bills answered" last Saturday. The Energy Market Authority's reply to the question on why electricity prices are pegged to oil prices rather than gas prices, as 80 per cent of our electricity is powered by natural gas, seems to deviate from the question. According to their reply, it is because Asia does not have a benchmark for gas prices, so electricity prices are pegged to oil prices.
What's the point of Singapore Power clinching a good long-term deal for gas supply from neighbouring countries when it is not shared with the consumers?

Why complain? That is what you vote for, just accept it happily and thank your master for that

and if you want to be a model citizen, then tell your master to go up price even more and you will always be there to support and vaseoline it.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 66.6% accepted the choice for the right to screw them, and the rest, have no choice but to queue up to be screwed!

Why complain?, can not pay for the utilities, sing the "UPGRADE YOU SKILLS", so that, you can pay for the increases!.

We SINGAPORE is the first ASIAN country to be in a RECESSION!.

In 1984 the recession was caused by high CPF RATES by you know who?, in 2008 the receission is caused by in crease in.....!!?? by you know who again?

Who?

Anyway...all our monthly bills are unfairly pegged to something. Look at the water conservation Tax of 30%, it is beg to an average, which is ridicolously high for any household. The blame is on Singaporeans they waste water!..gues who is wasting water...Starmucks!!!!! ha ha ha ha...and we are being penalized every month to pay the water conservation tax of 30%. My household is 3/4 time of any given day, out at work, at yet, every month we are billed 30% for water conservation tax of 30%. Wonder if any 'ghosts' is bathing or washing at home..??

So, pay...pay & pay!..we deserve it!

Z

Zombie

Gas cheap so what? Look at CNG prices! up north is 70cents ringgit per kilo SINGAPORE nearly $1.6!

Monopolistic! plus 3.4 rule all protectionist styles of protecting the rich ripping the poor

Hopefully I am right to say that SemCorp is the only one importing CNG.

So this is monopoly (not just monopolistic).

Any corrections? :smile: