• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GIC Investment in BP may wiped off another Billion $ in value

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read today The Straits Times, very worry now our million dollars elite keeping losing our country hard earn reserves....

According to ST, Bloomberg data shows as 1 May GIC had 200.4m shares in BP worth US$1.68B and assuming no shares are bought and sold after 1 May, another US$500m plus in value may have wiped off due to BP hard hit share price...

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Temasick damn jialat. Whatever investments they touch sure turn to shit! Can we call this the Medusa effect?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow Temasick damn jialat. Whatever investments they touch sure turn to shit! Can we call this the Medusa effect?

It is called the Ho Jinx effect, the late GKS should have briefly got up & slap HJ at his wake..that will bring the midas touch back...:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know Temasek has a stake in BP. :eek:

While watching TV & seeing the price of the stocks tank I was thinking when will Ho Ching be stepping in to bail out BP. After all its another 'long term' investment :(

I underestimated Ho Ching, :rolleyes:

Expect more price increases in Spore to replenish her coffers,

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know Temasek has a stake in BP. :eek:

While watching TV & seeing the price of the stocks tank I was thinking when will Ho Ching be stepping in to bail out BP. After all its another 'long term' investment :(

I underestimated Ho Ching, :rolleyes:

Expect more price increases in Spore to replenish her coffers,

The minimum sum for Central provident Fund, will be increased to $500,000 the average SINkingporean will never see his/her CPF money in his/her lifetime..or his/her descendants lifetime...:wink:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There goes another bad investment made by Whore Jinx, the bitch whose soles are white in colour!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The minimum sum for Central provident Fund, will be increased to $500,000 the average SINkingporean will never see his/her CPF money in his/her lifetime..or his/her descendants lifetime...:wink:

Only way to get your CPF was to give up your passport. With the change in rules, is this still possible:confused:

I remember having a conversation with my colleagues years ago & many believed they would change the rules to lock up your CPF even if you gave up being a Sporean.

As long as the PAP is around, living in Spore will be a big pain. If I'm going to live with foreigners I might as well live spmeplace where it's cheaper WITH my CPF.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read today The Straits Times, very worry now our million dollars elite keeping losing our country hard earn reserves....

According to ST, Bloomberg data shows as 1 May GIC had 200.4m shares in BP worth US$1.68B and assuming no shares are bought and sold after 1 May, another US$500m plus in value may have wiped off due to BP hard hit share price...

BP may go bankrupt for the Mexican Gulf oil spill.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only way to get your CPF was to give up your passport. With the change in rules, is this still possible:confused:

I remember having a conversation with my colleagues years ago & many believed they would change the rules to lock up your CPF even if you gave up being a Sporean.

As long as the PAP is around, living in Spore will be a big pain. If I'm going to live with foreigners I might as well live spmeplace where it's cheaper WITH my CPF.

This is indeed worrying for us, even we die, our descendants may not even see the money.

SINgaporeporeans should wake up & take note of what is happening to their blood sweat & tears hard earned money...how can they be so trusting ? to other poeple who is keeping their monet..and coming out with new ways in delaying the payout..

Wake up SINgaporeans!!:mad:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is insane. The govt cannot do it without breaking the law. They'll give you yr CPF if you prove to them you are not coming back ever. What they don't want is for people to make false declarations so as to withdraw the money and then come back to Singapore penniless and dependent on social welfare. They dont care if you squander it away but you must stay away!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is insane. The govt cannot do it without breaking the law. They'll give you yr CPF if you prove to them you are not coming back ever. What they don't want is for people to make false declarations so as to withdraw the money and then come back to Singapore penniless and dependent on social welfare. They dont care if you squander it away but you must stay away!

What 'hock lee por'...??? please..have you known any that had left and came back penniless?..No I haven't..

Social welfare in SINgapore?...ha ha ha the only social welfare I know of, is I and everybody else is working our head off to support a very expensive government... that is social welfare...:biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ha ha.............. Medusa.
She name Ho Jinx is for nothing name already very bad Feng Shui add in Medusa sure die.
Ho Jinx maybe should name it Bo Ho Jinx Medusa aka Bad Jin whatever she see/touch turn to stone/die.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
The problem for the ordinary citizen is that he's not going to benefit much from any upside from SWF investments, but for any downside, certain rules will change to ensure that the ordinary citizen's "contribution" will become greater.

Someone has to start lobbying for the cpf minimum sum to be capped at the higher of a % of the balance or a flat fixed amount.
For example, the minimum sum should be at 5% of the cpf balance or $150,000, whichever is higher. If some superstar's cpf balance is $5 Million, than his minimum sum is $250,000.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What they don't want is for people to make false declarations so as to withdraw the money and then come back to Singapore penniless and dependent on social welfare. They dont care if you squander it away but you must stay away!

If ex-Sporeans want to come back to work here, the gov't expects them to put back their CPF:eek:

Like that an ex-Sporeans faces more obstacles when compared to other FTs. I think those conditions are vindictive & discourages many Sporeans from returning as FT.

I know plenty of ex-Sporeans & they have no desire to return. Why should they want to return to be treated as 4th class citizens in their own ex-homeland.

Even if they are penniless, the gov'ts of their new homeland will take care of them. Which is more than I can say about the Sporean gov't who is more than happy to discard citizens in favor of cheaper foreigners.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everything she touchs, turn to ashes, like medusa.

Brother...you don't know your stuff...everything Medusa stare turns to stone.....not ashes!

Luckily HJ is not Hydra...that would be a problem for us..for she is also hydra? yikes!:(

teekayhetch

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, call it the King-Midas-in-Reverse syndrome. King Midas turned what he touched into gold. They guys turned what they touch into dust