• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever seen

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.smh.com.au/world/singaporeans-asked-to-chew-on-their-manners-20100530-wnjm.html

Some foreign workers in the city have few kind words about Singaporeans' manners. "They are the rudest f---ing people I have ever seen; they need some basic training in civic awareness," said Paul Stapleton, an IT manager from Sydney. "They don't feel that anyone else exists outside this tiny island."

The resounding verdict points to a Singapore rigorously controlled at the expense of humanitarian values. So will more state initiatives such as the Singapore Kindness Movement, whose patron is the Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, reap change?

"The problem is the sole concern of most Singaporeans is money and economic wellbeing," a long-time British resident says. "The only reason the churches here are packed to the rafters is because people attend in order to network."

Read the full article here

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever

He's spot on! Good on him for speaking up.

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever

This Aussie is only half right but Yankees are not any better. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, Singaporean are the rudest frak tarts in the world. What gets me is that they are not even aware of it themselves. They don't say hi when you greet them, nor thank you at the cashier, or after you let them through etc. The Ah neh and PRCs here are more civilised compared to the Singaporean in Sydney. At least I'm not surrounded by them anymore, and they are a minority here. Once in a while I'll walk on the streets and a bunch of "polu grads" would start shouting out in Singlish, I just lowered my head and smile. Actually, other then my previous colleague that can't make it here after 2 years I hardly see any Singaporean around in Sydney.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very true. SG has had courtesy campaigns run unsuccessfully for eons. When you have a 75% pop made up of Ah Bengs, with the kiasu and kiasi attitude it shouldn't come as a shock or surprise to anyone when foreigners or tourists comment that SG has some of the "rudest f*** people".

I'm not sure how civic awareness is going to help as Paul Stapleton recommends. Perhaps he should read Bo Yang's "The Ugly Chinaman" to understand Ah Beng a little better. :biggrin:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans are the rudest people you have seen...........SO?

My ex British Ang Mo boss would have said:
"You choose to interact with Singaporeans, you choose to work in Singapore, you choose to live in Singapore............so what the fark are you complaining about?"

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

obviously that toad-down under has never met a French.

Or he has not gone to China ... or he met some China-men in Singapore...

Singaporeans obsessed with money? know the reason why? Unlike Australia who has more sheep than people, we have more people than jobs available...ok, so we have to think of money...not like down-under, you can have a fucking piece of land to yourself and masterbate whole day doing nothing, we cannot...we don't work, we don't eat bcos our beloved government don't care about us.

We are rude but not the rudest...try tokking to a French.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

He's spot on! Good on him for speaking up.

That is scant relief for u, seeing how Asians like u are discriminated in white man's land. :rolleyes:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans obsessed with money? know the reason why? Unlike Australia who has more sheep than people, we have more people than jobs available...ok, so we have to think of money...not like down-under, you can have a fucking piece of land to yourself and masterbate whole day doing nothing, we cannot...we don't work, we don't eat bcos our beloved government don't care about us.

You forgot that Aussies can just grab any sheep around them and start shagging them as and when they nothing to do, which is almost all of the time. We can do that too in Geylang but we need to pay, which is why we are thinking about money all the time.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, Singaporean are the rudest frak tarts in the world. What gets me is that they are not even aware of it themselves. They don't say hi when you greet them, nor thank you at the cashier, or after you let them through etc. The Ah neh and PRCs here are more civilised compared to the Singaporean in Sydney. At least I'm not surrounded by them anymore, and they are a minority here. Once in a while I'll walk on the streets and a bunch of "polu grads" would start shouting out in Singlish, I just lowered my head and smile. Actually, other then my previous colleague that can't make it here after 2 years I hardly see any Singaporean around in Sydney.

wow, another tonychat wannabe.

fuck you:oIo: you r banned for being rude.:oIo:

D

Dodomeki

wow, another tonychat wannabe.

Talking about that flip flopper, two headed thai pimp loser, you can ban him now. And if you do it it will be the third time this week for him cos the OA has done it twice this week. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That is scant relief for u, seeing how Asians like u are discriminated in white man's land. :rolleyes:

It's not half as bad as sinkies being discriminated against in PAP land. :p

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not half as bad as sinkies being discriminated against in PAP land. :p

Ah Sam, u talk like an 8 year old. If you are rich, do u think u will get discriminated in Singapore? Now i think you to fantasize about being filthy rich (which of course we know ain't true), then u tell me how u are gonna get discriminated in PAP land.

jw5

Loyal

Singaporeans are the rudest people you have seen...........SO?

My ex British Ang Mo boss would have said:
"You choose to interact with Singaporeans, you choose to work in Singapore, you choose to live in Singapore............so what the fark are you complaining about?"
Your ex boss was an LKY fan? Sounds like something he would say. :smile:

jw5

Loyal

Several years ago, I spent almost a month in France, and some of the french people I met were the most polite and decent people I ever met.
They were also happy to answer questions in english, which was contrary to what I heard about them, that they refused to speak english and insisted on speaking french.
I also spent a month in Australia a few years back and there were really some rude people there.
While I was in China, I met some of the most polite and sincere people there, while also meeting some of the most uncouth and unscrupulous.
Some Singaporeans are very decent people, some are sons and daughters of bitches.

My conclusion?
There are all types, of all nationalities, races, religions, age groups, gender. You can always say something about a specific person, but it is never right to generalize or make sweeping statements.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your ex boss was an LKY fan? Sounds like something he would say. :smile:

I dunno but he is a typical "no sex pls, we are British" kind of person. Always look so serious and talk only when necessary. But I like him because he is very focus, very pro, works hard and play hard and best of all - always tell people off if they don't take personal responsibilities for their actions. Of course there will be things which he is not happy about but he kept it to himself - simply because as he said, he choose to be here.

That's the kind of FT I respect. Unfortunately, most of the FTs that we have are actually being 'forced' to live/work here (because they cannot survive in their country), which is why they always have complaints/comments about the people/place here.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not exactly blame this Australian FT. But his statement is pure generalization.

Some Singaporeans are definitely ruder than the past. In the past, when people brushed against you while walking or running, "Sorry/Excuse me" would often come from the offender.

Now when people brush against you or sometimes, even knock into you, the offender does not even bother to apologise, just walk past and ignoring your presence.

There are cases of nice Singaporeans, but they usually come from the mid/older generation. Try interacting with those aunties/uncles (not those drink beer and spew hokkien types) and I often find them very polite and quite willing to impart skills to young generation.

I still feel we do lack behind in mannerisms compared to the Caucasians.