• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Costa Rica to Sue Old Fart for LYING?!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May 27, 2010

Ambassador replies to MM's remarks about Costa Rica

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I THANK Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew for his reference to the abolition of the army in Costa Rica in last Friday's report ( 'MM Lee: US base in Japan boosts stability').
MM Lee was reported to have stated that the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the President of Costa Rica for disbanding the army, but this is not accurate.
The army was dissolved on Dec 1, 1948 by the then President Jose Figueres as 'a precaution against the militarism that has undercut or perennially thwarted democracy in Central America'.
The move also allowed for the allocation of more resources to education and health, indicators that Costa Rica stands for today on the world stage.
The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize was President Oscar Arias Sanchez, who ruled Costa Rica from 1986 to 1990 and from 2006 to 2010.
He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1987 for his efforts to achieve peace in Central America, which was then involved in armed conflicts and instability.
On May 8, President Arias relinquished his office to Ms Laura Chinchilla, who is Costa Rica's first woman President.
I also respectfully disagree with MM Lee's remark that our leaders did not have to worry about neighbouring countries attacking Costa Rica because we had no wealth to talk about.
We have great wealth, it is everywhere, and Costa Ricans have been looking after it for the past 40 years. Our wealth is green, represented by 4.5 per cent of the biodiversity known to date; all in a territory which constitutes only 0.03 per cent of the world.
Juan F. Cordero A.
Ambassador of Costa Rica
to Singapore

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old man is getting too old, memory failing him. Either that or he doesnt bother to even do some basic research before he shoots them out of his mouth.

But I like how the ambassador tried to say that they are not poor. He is essentially saying that they are rich, they dun have money but we have plenty of trees.

Somehow I am pretty sure the rest of Central America isn't very interested in taking an island of trees and plants unless the plants are cocaine and Marijuana

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old man is getting too old, memory failing him. Either that or he doesnt bother to even do some basic research before he shoots them out of his mouth.

Somehow I am pretty sure the rest of Central America isn't very interested in taking an island of trees and plants unless the plants are cocaine and Marijuana

Costa Rica is not an island. I think you should also do some basic research before quoting your misleading statistical rubbish.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every single Costa Rican is worth more than a thousand Sinkies, when it comes to being compassionated about their surroundings and their fellowmen's suffering.

Unlike the fucked up Sinkie who only selfishly know how much he/she is worth in SINK dollars!:biggrin:

Eat your heart out ...OLD FART!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our wealth is green, represented by 4.5 per cent of the biodiversity known to date; all in a territory which constitutes only 0.03 per cent of the world.

Then our wealth must be PAP, represented by the top 30 highest paid ministers known to date; all in a territory commonly referred to as Peesai.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

But I like how the ambassador tried to say that they are not poor. He is essentially saying that they are rich, they dun have money but we have plenty of trees.

Once again, the oldman force his perception of wealth into others.

Oldman likes to judge everything in terms of dollar and cent and numbers on paper. And the oldman seems to denounce the green thing, the nature.

A recent study from NUS and a foreign professor has revealed that SG is ranked 17th in the world for destroying the nature or environment for the past ten years or so.

In comparison, Costa Rica may be poor in cash but at least they are rich in nature which money cannot buy. The best is all Costa Rican owns the nature.

As for SG? Only the white scums and the elites is rich in cash. Other than that, most peasants are poor and cashless and have lost most of the green in the country.

As many may think Green is not important. But do you ever wonder why people in this country are dying early? Many males have infertility problems? Also this place is getting hotter and hotter?

Last edited: