• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS!! World Cup 2010 NOW available to Singapore !!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Apr 29, 2010
World Cup deal close
By Ernest Luis

All Singapore sports fans will at least enjoy the upcoming World Cup on free-to-air television belonging to MediaCorp, after it announced this morning that it will carry the opening match between South Africa and Mexico, the semi-finals and final. -- NP PHOTO: GAVIN FOO

FIRST, the good news.

All Singapore sports fans will at least enjoy the upcoming World Cup on free-to-air television belonging to MediaCorp, after it announced this morning that it will carry the opening match between South Africa and Mexico on June 11, the semi-finals and final on July 11.

The better news though - regarding the broadcast of all the World Cup matches - is close to being announced.

Responding to queries from Straitstimes.com on Tuesday morning, a StarHub spokesman said: 'SingTel and StarHub do not have the World Cup broadcast rights at this juncture (Tuesday morning).'

A SingTel spokesman confirmed agreement with StarHub's statement above.

But if there's any development this week, expect both companies to make an announcement and issue statements.

When asked if the planned split deal for all the World Cup's matches will be shared on both StarHub's and SingTel's platforms, the StarHub spokesman said details were not known yet as the rights have not been sealed.

But RAdm (NS) Lui Tuck Yew, Acting Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, had already said in Parliament earlier this week that if SingTel's and StarHub's joint bid for World Cup rights is successful, matches would be available to subscribers on both platforms.

Media reports on Tuesday morning also claimed the deal with Football Media Services - the Asian representative of the World Cup's rights holders and football's world body Fifa - may eventually cost Singapore around US$15m (S$20 million).

This is way below the widely reported original asking price of S$100 million which went down to S$40 million over the past few months.

StarHub reportedly paid S$15 million for the rights to broadcast the 2006 World Cup from Germany.

Football fans in Singapore, get ready to kick off with joy soon, once the joint announcement is made.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_520495.html

Well, something is better than nothing. Donch worry, we should have full coverage come nearer to election time.

When FIFA knows that when time is not on theirr side to squeeze anymore from SingTel/Starhub, they will take any amount in the name of promoting soccer, as any dollar picked up is every dollar gain.

Just wait for it to happen and no need kpkb at all.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See Fark U is so efficient....now you listen to him, find alternative to watch World Cup 2010....you will receive letters from MDA for illegal activities and to attend court...

You believe.....you must be nuts!!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gratz, Singapore can finally be a 1st world country again with this announcement, no need to go over the border or fix some antenna to receive signal from our neighbors. Three cheers for the MIW! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap not as stupid i thought they were.
now, they will not be hurt too much in the poll.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap not as stupid i thought they were.
now, they will not be hurt too much in the poll.

3704118534_0eb2eceae9_o.jpg

Never mind. It's ok.
you want ball? I give you.
All the additional cost will be passed to you and your fellow sinkies. :biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
See Fark U is so efficient....now you listen to him, find alternative to watch World Cup 2010....you will receive letters from MDA for illegal activities and to attend court...

You believe.....you must be nuts!!

Not only is he out of touch with the ground, this episode also showed that he is out of touch with what he is paid to manage.

This outcome cannot be over a cup of kopi during tea-break between Mediacorp and the agent. It would have taken a few weeks to reach such agreement, in view of the joint-bid by SingTel/Starhub. Yet this moron went public to advise how we can watch the World Cup by sneaking into other country's broadcastings and that old folks should start learning from the young how to log into other countries' websites !!

This Rear Admirer waved the white flag without even tried fighting, let alone till the end. What more can we expect him to fight a war leading the fleet of navy ? Guess he forgot the old sayings "Captain goes wherever the ship goes, underwater included" but follows where the money goes.

Amazing.

BTW, can refresd me how did this minister get into parliament ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amazing.

BTW, can refresd me how did this minister get into parliament ?

ask your sinkies lah, those losers who pollute your land. they are the ones who get them in. Now you shold be proud of such useless minster, dun complain.

the same type of people will vote the same type of minster. if you wanna do something go offline and do it, complain online is of no use.

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys believe all these wayang bullshit that there will be no world cup telecast here??

they only want more of your money and also want you to believe that they will 'finally' manage to get the telecasts......

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Good news" and "better news" my cock. Good news is when my girlfriend's period came, not because we won't miss out on watching the world cup. Everyone please manage your expectations.

They fucked up the world cup bid and it is only right they fix it.

Why should we be elated? why should we hail them as saviours of the day?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
but is it free? Thailand WC channel airing is totally free.

CB kia tonychat,

not free so what. i have the $ that u dun have.

unlike u who is back in spore trying to extort your old man for some loose change. fucking disgraceful :oIo::oIo:

ektay

Alfrescian
Loyal
ask your sinkies lah, those losers who pollute your land. they are the ones who get them in. Now you shold be proud of such useless minster, dun complain.

the same type of people will vote the same type of minster. if you wanna do something go offline and do it, complain online is of no use.

BUT....little tonyboy.....YOU COMPLAIN the most ONLINE!!!!! hahaha....pls dun slap your own puny face so many times. u r just a fucking idiot.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can the standard of football improve when the people are denied watching the game :(

ermm.. soccer standard cannot be improve just by watching the game lah.

your kid everyday see u drive to work doesn't mean that he/she will know how to drive.

nonetheless WC is must have lah. if not talk about what sportshub? host YOG for fuck?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ermm.. soccer standard cannot be improve just by watching the game lah.

your kid everyday see u drive to work doesn't mean that he/she will know how to drive.

nonetheless WC is must have lah. if not talk about what sportshub? host YOG for fuck?

That's Singapore circumstance, as kids are strictly forbidden to test drive for fun. Singapore doesn't have the areas to allow that safely. Kids in Malaysia, Thailand and even USA do learn to ride motorbikes and drive cars by simply watching adults doing it over a period of time and test driving it. Getting a licence in adulthood is just formality.

As for football, if you don't watch how the best do it, how are you going to improve as a player? Clearly you don't play football or any sport.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never mind. It's ok.
you want ball? I give you.
All the additional cost will be passed to you and your fellow sinkies. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

You ask for it, we give it to you. We squeeze you for the money, don't squeal, you ask for it!!

Anyway, it is still AFFORDABLE, for we are People's Affordable Party, don't you forget...

We all know, we have to pay, but how much? as always, we will get the worst end of the carrot...

Not forgetting, they will tell you as compared to.............our rates are still AFFORDABLE....let's call chant!! 'AFFORDABLE' :o

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's Singapore circumstance, as kids are strictly forbidden to test drive for fun. Singapore doesn't have the areas to allow that safely. Kids in Malaysia, Thailand and even USA do learn to ride motorbikes and drive cars by simply watching adults doing it over a period of time and test driving it. Getting a licence in adulthood is just formality.

As for football, if you don't watch how the best do it, how are you going to improve as a player? Clearly you don't play football or any sport.

i am saying u cannot improve just by watching alone. u gotta go play among the better ones to improve. understand boh??

i play soccer many years ok. clearly u are not very smart as you anyhow deduct that i dun play soccer or any sports. chey. dun kay kiang ok.:cool:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
ramseth,

u r one of the guys over here who like to preach a lot of big ideas over here which dun interest me.

thats y i seldom engage with u. keep it that way. your naggy and i-know-more-than-thou attitude irritates me. we stay clear of each other ok.

thank u.