• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wedding bells to ring again for Jamie Yeo

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
8803.jpg

TALK about bling.

On Jamie Yeo's left hand now sits a 1.5-carat princess-cut diamond ring.

The ESPN Star Sports host is engaged again, as her boyfriend of about a year – Britain-born Thorsten Nolte, 35 – popped the question on her 33rd birthday a little over a week ago.

He surprised her with an impromptu getaway to Tokyo, she said on her Stomp Star Blog.

There, they were visiting a shrine when he "reached for his right pocket and took out the loveliest, most sparkly ring I'd ever seen and asked me to marry him".

She wrote: "I said yes... Of course, I said yes. I would do anything for this guy."

Yeo, speaking to my paper in a phone interview yesterday, said that she hadn't been expecting Mr Nolte to propose on their getaway together.

"The proposal really surprised me. I can't say it's a complete shock, we've talked about it before, and I knew he would pop the question sooner or later... but I didn't expect it at the moment it happened," she said.

But he'd been plotting the engagement for awhile – he'd had the ring made, and had it flown in, from San Francisco.

Why all the way from there? my paper asked.

Yeo laughed over the phone, and posed the question to Mr Nolte, who was in the room with her as she took the interview.

"He wanted a ring with a tension setting, which is hard to find here," she explained.

A tension setting holds the gem in place by pressure, and the diamond on such a ring appears to be "floating" in its setting.

Yeo first met Mr Nolte, the chief executive officer of a digital communications agency, backstage at the Prodigy concert at Fort Canning Park in early February last year. When he asked her out, she agreed.

"I wasn't really looking for anyone, but he's really good-looking, and I noticed," she said.

"I thought, 'Why not? We can just hang out'. And here we are now."

Her parents love him, she added.

"He cooks a lot, and he's always cooking for them. They get along well," she said.

She is planning for the wedding to take place this year, she said. She wants a small and cosy affair at an intimate place, like The White Rabbit restaurant.

"I want just 100 guests or so, just the friends and relatives we're really close to," she said.

When asked if she has informed her former husband, DJ Glenn Ong, about her engagement, she said simply: "No, and there's no reason to."

She and Ong started dating in 2001, and got married three years later. They divorced in February last year, with Ong announcing their much-publicised split on his morning show.

Ong was previously married to DJ Kate Reyes for three years before a divorce in 2003. He is now seeing DJ Jean Danker.

On what she has learnt from her previous marriage, Yeo said: "Be honest with yourself. Ask yourself what it is you really want, and go for it."

[email protected]

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would she cheat again?

What a lousy role model doing on the pages of our news media?

This country morality standard really sucks!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would she cheat again?

What a lousy role model doing on the pages of our news media?

This country morality standard really sucks!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

To add to that, can a CHRISTIAN divorce for the sake of divorcing citing "Ask yourself what you really want & go for it" Can anyone point out which bible passage is that?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add to that, can a CHRISTIAN divorce for the sake of divorcing citing "Ask yourself what you really want & go for it" Can anyone point out which bible passage is that?

I know of one church where the 'pastor' aka Businessman will say interpret the Bible sayings based on how he feel.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when she walk on the aisle and the pastor start the usual marriage BS. he should add in" are you confirm this is the one, truly truly confirm?..please sinkie, be true to your words."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
when she walk on the aisle and the pastor start the usual marriage BS. he should add in" are you confirm this is the one, truly truly confirm?..please sinkie, be true to your words."

You must be recounting how the Ah Longs ask you...

Loanshark: Hey Tonychat, you confirm you no $ to pay back?
Tonychat: KNN no money la, only got ladyboy wife, u wan u take!
Loanshark: Pui! CCB then you CONFIRM which hand you wan me to chop off! Right one? " are you confirm this is the one, truly truly confirm?..please sinkie, be true to your words."

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be recounting how the Ah Longs ask you...

Loanshark: Hey Tonychat, you confirm you no $ to pay back?
Tonychat: KNN no money la, only got ladyboy wife, u wan u take!
Loanshark: Pui! CCB then you CONFIRM which hand you wan me to chop off! Right one? " are you confirm this is the one, truly truly confirm?..please sinkie, be true to your words."

that tonychat is truly a shameless and spineless guy.

the faster he dies, the better it is for everyone around him.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun we have other more noteworthy news to report apart from talking about her stupid love life. I think SPH really is sending the wrong signal down. For a woman who cheat, involved in divorce, and re-marries, is this something proud to tell our citizens. Are they telling potential couples, current couples that it is ok as long as you want it and go for it as what the slut Jamie suggested. Seriously, if i am Nolte, i would not even consider seeing the slut cos she is not worth it. There are many other good nature ladies or woman. There will be a day when Nolte remember that the woman he marries used to cheat behind husband back

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I find that I like her so much better now that she divorced that shitface Glenn Ong. I really wronged her in the past. She is all right, it is that stink ard Glenn Ong that is affecting everything ard him (95FM + Flying Shitman).

All the best to her. With an ex like Glenn, no wonder she is fucking an angmoh.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more like wedding balls. She's actually quite fugly. If she didn't dress ike a slut, very few guys will go for her. Once she is no longer on air, the guy will dump her like a ton of shit.

She is also a very staunch supporter of the PAPies as almost all Mediacorpse artistes are. :oIo: :oIo: :oIo: