• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th: Sg Grads Have High Starting Pay!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=452><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Published April 6, 2010
c.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Most new grads found jobs within 6 months last year

DESPITE the bleak economic conditions, most university graduates last year secured full-time permanent jobs within six months of leaving school, results from the Ministry of Education's Graduate Employment Survey (GES) 2009 show.

Most also appeared to earn a decent salary - with the median pay for graduates from a majority of programmes at Singapore's three publicly funded universities amounting to at least $2,500.
In particular, graduates from popular programmes such as business, accountancy, economics and arts in each of the three universities saw at least seven in 10 graduates finding full-time permanent positions within half a year out of school. Median pay for these school leavers stood between $2,300 and $3,200.
=> Since when median comes in a range?
At the National University of Singapore, more than nine in 10, or 92.1 per cent of graduates from its Business School's bachelor of business administration honours programme, found jobs within six months. The median salary for these graduates was $3,000.
Similarly, Singapore Management University's economics graduates reported a median income of $3,000, while those awarded cum laude and above earned a median salary of $3,200. Those under its accountancy and business management classes were paid a median $2,500 and $2,800, respectively.
Full-time permanent employment rate for its accountancy programme stood at 95.3 per cent, while its business management and economics programmes recorded an employment rate of 82.8 per cent and 88.9 per cent respectively.
Over at Nanyang Technological University, accountancy and business graduates saw a median pay of $2,400 and $2,700, and about 90 per cent found a full-time permanent post within half a year.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To appease the new educated .

To prevent them from fighting the ruling party at all fronts with new blood .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Median pay for these school leavers stood between $2,300 and $3,200.
=> Since when median comes in a range?

Aiya, ISD dunno how to write mah but still teach the journalist there how to write. WHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha the story never say how many percentage of fresh grads jobless. What's the use of talking about median pay when u get ZERO pay due to being jobless?

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non-scholarhip Singaporeans students educated in overseas are encouraged to come back to serve their country. Many did but was rudely surprised when Gahmen depts and GLCs employed NUS,NTU and SMU grads as first preference so that these Unis can claim that 90+% of their grads have gain employment, high pay etc.

VB was once noticed giving a talk to undergrad Singaporean students in an Australian University, encourage them to come back to serve. But now these students who did not only faced tough competition from local grads but also FTs with lower pay.

My advice to those studying overseas is to say on and get a job and PR if possible. Only scholars come back to serve the PAP and become ministers.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question to Straits Times:

OH REALLY?

How true is the "Content"? To a certain extent, I realize that the news contents in newspaper or even the television may not be the full picture. Or in other words, to just tell or show the good news but removed some bad or not so good news content.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? How come i know so many graduates drawing a pay of 2500 or less and even jobless?

What about those graduates that went NS and get a pay of 500 only? They r also fresh graduates ok?

From what i know, NUS also send me this email, but i did not reply, cos i earning pittance. My friend who is jobless, did not even reply too. So how ar, u mean 10% serve nS and the others are foreigners and gals ar?

So business graduates r more impt is it? That it indicated health to the economy? Those finacial people dont even labor for their work. Only know is, cheat money and leech from the labors of the others. And they earn so much. How do they contribute to the economy when they do not even make a single product to sell?

No wonder, sg is a blood sucking country now.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Really? How come i know so many graduates drawing a pay of 2500 or less and even jobless?<<

I know many grads who are jobless or working in jobs which are not relevant to their field of studies. Sales coordinator, admin clerk, recruitment exec, sales exec etc.

I really wanna know how they get the survey results sia